• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the release was July 30th worldwide?

Single player in this game brings back the traditional arcade mode that is like 6 routes on a grid map and you choose where you start and where you go after each stage.

Not only do the stages have ex versions to unlock there are also multiple bonus stages hidden around that you can unlock based on how well you do. There is also different final bosses to fight depending on which route you take by the end.

There is Boss rush mode as well and there is a special mission mode where you boost stats for your preferred suit far beyond proper balance. The missions have different rewards for each difficulty cleared too.

Arcade sticks should be fine, it was originally based around those controls as you have surmised

EDIT: the arcade and boss rush are also playable via co-op too!

God I'm so excited, we are eating good come july
I really can't remember what the first PS4 one had singleplayer wise but arcade routes is what I remember the PS3 game being like. It is not MK or Soul Calibur or anything but even Arcade Modes are a luxury some times these days.

I know everyone hated it but I really liked the campaigns in Force. A few more grunts and ships and you could almost have a proper story mode, but they probably won't touch that ever again.

First time around I'm not really tempted to get the Premium Sound edition, song list just isn't too great. But there are enough suits in here that don't get a lot of exposure that often which is all I need really, even if I don't like the core gameplay that much.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I found an extra code from my other email. Gonna do a giftbot in a bit. Good luck, y'all. :)

1 gift from donkey

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from donkey donkey!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

donkey said:
Closed Network Test code for MBON this weekend. ^^

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Gundam Extreme VS Maxiboost ON - Won by sixteen-bit sixteen-bit (8 entries)

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
So I was kinda sad I didn't got selected for the Beta, but today I found it hiding on my Spam folder!
Yay!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah same for me. Doing a search for "gundam" only got me the signup email, but "namco" did the trick.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Just a reminder the test only works this weekend. Here are the times for North America:

PACIFIC: 4/25 @ 3AM PDT – 4/26 @ 7PM PDT
CENTRAL: 4/25 @ 5AM CDT – 4/26 @ 9PM CDT
EASTERN: 4/25 @ 6AM EDT – 4/26 @ 10PM EDT

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder the test only works this weekend. Here are the times for North America:

PACIFIC: 4/25 @ 3AM PDT – 4/26 @ 7PM PDT
CENTRAL: 4/25 @ 5AM CDT – 4/26 @ 9PM CDT
EASTERN: 4/25 @ 6AM EDT – 4/26 @ 10PM EDT

thank fucking god someone cares about different time zones for a beta test these days

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
Any recommended suits for folks who haven't played in a while? With access to everything this weekend having a few "go-to" suits to start with will help a lot.

I really liked Infinite Justice and RX-78 on Full Boost PS3. The kits were very intuitive for me and their cost was not too punishing to my teammate when I messed up. I did play Versus for a while, with mainly RX and Barbatos Lupus Rex, but I don't know if that's relevant for MBON or not.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does this play similarly to the PS4 one? I was alright at that, but I never played an EXVS before.
I'll probably just stick with Sandrock and be sad that the EW version isn't in again.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Does this play similarly to the PS4 one? I was alright at that, but I never played an EXVS before.
I'll probably just stick with Sandrock and be sad that the EW version isn't in again.
You'll be fine. There's no universal boost dives or universal strikers (among other changes), but they're mechanically the same. Versus is just an offshoot of EXVS anyway.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably start with Freedom. That was my main in GVS.

Also, who needs the G-Sound Edition when apparently custom BGM is possible?

C-Drive

Oct 26, 2017
How did I miss that there was a test for this to sign up for. I swear I was following this thread.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm this close to hooking up my PS3 and playing some Full Boost to get back into gear before tomorrow morning.

Oct 27, 2017
Can I map buttons? My muscle memory has melee on R1, shoot on L1 with the power moves on R2/L2 and a special on Square (to generalize the controls). I forget if that was a preset or full custom in Versus.

Oct 27, 2017
There might be limited settings options in the beta though, so control changes might not be in, but will probably be in the full game.
I'll deal no matter. I made that change when starting when folks were talking about it being easier to charge attacks while performing other moves. And because that control schemed seemed very Souls-like, I tried it and never went back.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
As someone who hasn't really played one of these... Where should I start? :P

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great about the BGM confirmation.
Now I just hope I can play online comfortably on my Canadian PSN account. For GVS I had to create a US PSN account to find matches on US servers.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't really played one of these... Where should I start? :P
As far as controls and basic stuff go, the image tweet donkey posted is good!

Otherwise, just jump in, pick some suits and have fun. You move around by boost dashing and jumping.Ideally you'll be hitting people when they land so boost after people, jump, and shoot when they hit the floor or stall. It's a game you really need to feel out to understand.

If anyone has questions, we do have a Discord that we used for GVS and we can send invites to anyone interested! Feel free to ping me or dm me here for one.

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for the beta test. Not sure how much I will be able to play, but I'm super stoked that I got a beta code. Of course I will start off with one of the 00 Gundam variations and see where to go from there. Awesome to hear about custom soundtrack. Like seriously, this is such an underrated feature. You want to jam out to your favorite tracks while fighting. Kinda like in Gundam Thunderbolt.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably start with Freedom. That was my main in GVS.

Also, who needs the G-Sound Edition when apparently custom BGM is possible?

IIRC you could already do that in EXVSFB but it'd replace songs rather than add to it
Not clear if it's the same here or if it'll actually allow you to add songs to the BGM list

YES! Time for all the Gundam Slam Jam tracks!

Dammit donkey, I had forgot about that filth, now it's burned on my memory again :(