• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Mirror of original vid:

Other short summary vid just in case it goes down.

For those of you who were wondering what it will be aside from Arcade Mode and Online. Less than 3 days now until release. :)

EDIT: Don't know why they took the 5 minute vid down. Basically...

5mr0EPh.jpg

Take part in loads of missions:
  • Tutorials
  • Time Attacks
  • Fixed Missions (where you can only use a specific suit)
  • Break Missions (to weaken the boss of the area you're in)
  • etc. etc.
In the missions, clearing them gets you...
  • Figurines
  • Upgrade data for your mobile suit (which you can only use for Mission Mode)
  • GP for purchasing things like HUDs
There's also leaderboards for each stage and 200+ missions. A bunch of other stuff, but I'm just paraphrasing here.

There's also Branch Battle where it's basically arcade mode and you can earn GP that way as well.

Last edited:

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I couldn't buy it day 1 cause I need a PS Plus subscription to fully enjoy the game but it seems I can still practice on SP first and save up for the Plus

Great stuff.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch, says it's a Private Video :(

Also, totally forgot to preorder this crap
Still undecided on splurging for the Premium G or just getting the NA version

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they took the video down?

I was just assuming it was the Arcade mode, so curious what else there is.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
From what I am seeing right now, the single player modes is basically like dissidia 012 duodecim's.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Popped the new vid up there and added a quick summary.

Thank you YT ninja

If it offers up more chances for canon matchups then that would be appreciated. Otherwise arcade mode just tends to be a goofy free for all.
Yeah, there's loads of that in the fixed missions if the older games are anything to go by. Branch Battle (Arcade) and Maxi Boost Mission Mode are bespoke modes.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Popped the new vid up there and added a quick summary.

Yeah, there's loads of that in the fixed missions if the older games are anything to go by. Branch Battle (Arcade) and Maxi Boost Mission Mode are bespoke modes.
Understanding that a lot of Force on Vita was flawed, I really did enjoy the campaign mode. Ideally though I shouldn't have to be looking at Vs games to get my single-player Gundam kicks but it is what it is.

I also really appreciate how much love the Psycho MkII gets in these games and is mostly ignored in other Gundam things.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Understanding that a lot of Force on Vita was flawed, I really did enjoy the campaign mode. Ideally though I shouldn't have to be looking at Vs games to get my single-player Gundam kicks but it is what it is.

I also really appreciate how much love the Psycho MkII gets in these games and is mostly ignored in other Gundam things.
Force Battle could've been something with some extra love into it as well. Here's to hoping it gets revisited sometime down the line.

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of was hoping for the mission mode content to have a bit more uniqueness to it, but it really looks like just a retooled arcade mode to be more structured.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered! Shame it wont be physical in eu but ive been watching videos this since the game released.

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
I always like the idea of spending more time in SP on these games, but ultimately never get too invested in it. Looks fun enough to give it a shot, at least.