• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder how many of these people are actually buying their first gun vs. just adding another one to their already large stash. I'm kinda expecting that most people who buy guns because of the corona virus also bought guns because of any previous event.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Some I'm sure are fantasizing about this stuff; this virus and the potential ramifications are a prepper's wet dream.

But, I am sure there are many who are legitimately concerned. Unemployment is already ticking up quite a bit. The unemployment check (if you even qualify for it) isn't always enough to live on. People without other safety nets could get desperate.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
You can't shoot the viruses if you are unable to see them.

Ir7K5vS.jpg

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
It's a normal response to the escalating situation currently.
When people get laid off work and have no money or food with starving children at home people will do whatever it takes to keep their family fed.
There could be potential looting and riots in the very near future. It's not fear mongering.
People want to be able to protect themselves at home against home invasions.

Guns = The answer!

I doubt this would be considered normal except in America.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
This is why the Federal Government needs to pass a comprehensive stimulus and relief package. If they don't, yes start panicking.
Oh, well I agree on that. I think they'll need to give everyone at least $5000 but look at who the President is and who controls the senate. I expect us to get Trump Steaks or something stupid like that.
but literally non of that is happening.
No one is starving. Stores are being restocked on the normal schedules.
Some Businesses are closing for two weeks because it was the right thing to do. not because of financial burdens.
The stock market dropped because of fear but that will bounce back quickly.

It's all unfounded fear.
Unfounded fear? Lmao. You think businesses are only going to close for two weeks to stop the spread of a virus that has a two week incubation time? Literally entire industries are being forced to close down. What happens to workers in those companies? The businesses that AREN'T forced to close down have seen a massive loss in revenue. They're laying off workers. Who wants to go out in a time like this? Those workers that just got fired won't be able to afford rent, utilities, etc. The people who were relying on rent money to come in to pay THEIR bills won't be able to afford them either. The whole system is very fragile right now.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, well I agree on that. I think they'll need to give everyone at least $5000 but look at who the President is and who controls the senate. I expect us to get Trump Steaks or something stupid like that.

Unfounded fear? Lmao. You think businesses are only going to close for two weeks to stop the spread of a virus that has a two week incubation time? Literally entire industries are being forced to close down. What happens to workers in those companies? The businesses that AREN'T forced to close down have seen a massive loss in revenue. They're laying off workers. Who wants to go out in a time like this? Those workers that just got fired won't be able to afford rent, utilities, etc. The people who were relying on rent money to come in to pay THEIR bills won't be able to afford them either. The whole system is very fragile right now.
This is gonna affect them too. Unless they're too stupid to realize it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
People need to drop this irrational fear that food is going to run out. Nobody is going to show up at your door with a pistol to steal your eggs. You won't need to stand your ground. You won't need to shoot anybody with a gun to survive coronavirus. As statistics and data have shown us, the best way to improve your odds of receiving a bullet is to buy a gun yourself.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Coworker left for lunch to go to Academy sports to get a gun and he said there was a line and they were all sold out of ammo.

Texas is open carry so good luck y'all at them stores

Mar 30, 2019
What is the average price of a gun anyway? The food and TP will be restocked and not end up as a supply issue likely. So if they run out of money, how is buying a gun an economically sound decision?

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
but literally non of that is happening.
No one is starving. Stores are being restocked on the normal schedules.
Some Businesses are closing for two weeks because it was the right thing to do. not because of financial burdens.
The stock market dropped because of fear but that will bounce back quickly.

It's all unfounded fear.

You are aware that there are reports this could last for 18 months and 20% unemployment?? I mean I'm hoping those are way off base but you can't fault people who are scared.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Yeah, they clearly lacked guns before, better stack some more. /s

My theory that zombies are a particularly american form of fantasy because they just want to use their preciously hoarded guns adds another element of proof.

So, in moments of crisis:
  • Italians hoard pasta
  • Australians hoard toilet paper
  • Americans hoard weapons
Now I am wondering what other people are going to do :D

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Kinda feel like getting a gun simply cause everyone else is getting one. Don't even fear for my life more than usual.

<.<

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
What is the average price of a gun anyway? The food and TP will be restocked and not end up as a supply issue likely. So if they run out of money, how is buying a gun an economically sound decision?

$200 to $300 for handguns and shotguns, cheaper if something like police reissue. $400+ for various rifles (what people might call an assault rifle).

of course you can go fancy and pay $1000 for a desert eagle so you can stop the covid-infected buffaloes

Status
Not open for further replies.