• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this pop up on reddit and someone mentioned another dude who put his arms out of his window when some cop yelled gun, god the look on that cops face scrolling through scenarios where he could justify shooting the dude was crazy. Dude in the car was like fuck that you're looking for a reason to kill me.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Lady really escalated it by 1000000x.

It's kind of amazing to me that they are always "fearing for their safety", when they are armed to the teeth and have bulletproof vests. And partners. And backup. And they know they're just one call away from having an entire team coming at you with guns. But you're always supposed to feel safe, and if you're nervous they get suspicious, and it's somehow against you.

This is bullshit. These cops were 100% looking for a way to search the vehicle no matter what. She asks him if he has a firearm, he says yes. Then she has the nerve to say "Oooooh but I don't know where the fire arm is".

I saw this pop up on reddit and someone mentioned another dude who put his arms out of his window when some cop yelled gun, god the look on that cops face scrolling through scenarios where he could justify shooting the dude was crazy. Dude in the car was like fuck that you're looking for a reason to kill me.

Bruh, I saw another video yesterday where a cop thought she heard a gunshot, and it was like an exhaust sound or something. And then she saw the guy's car and there was smoke coming out of it because he was vaping. There was like a SWAT squad that arrived to arrest him. One false move and he could've been mowed down by an entire shooting squad

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude literally told them he had a registered firearm. There's no need to pull a fucking gun on him for that.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Dude literally told them he had a registered firearm. There's no need to pull a fucking gun on him for that.

They will take anything and turn it against you. Because no matter what happens like if they pulled you over, they must have a real reason for it. So if they don't have an actual reason they look silly, so they manufacture one. It starts with questions, and then you answer one in a way that gives them a "reason" to search your car. And then it's over because no matter what they will do what they want to do.

Whether it's because your car somehow smells like weed, you're acting "suspicious" or they have "reasons to believe something is going on".

It's total bullshit.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
She's talking on the radio right before she pulls the gun. Almost like she is asking someone what she should do. Almost like everyone is trained horribly.

No, never mind, I'm sure it's just one bad apple.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
If this guy was a good ole boy they probably would've ended up talking about guns and their favorites

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Going to do this the safe way" What are they afraid of? He told you he had a gun and where it was. He's not going to pull a fast one on you and there's two of you there anyway.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
"But if he was just calm and did what they told him and followed the law nothing would happen!"

/s

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I know it's good that people are standing up for themselves in the face of police oppression and corruption, but he could be a goner because he didn't just keep his head down and comply.

I know it's a tight rope to walk because by giving in to these micro-aggressions it gives more power to the cops, but man. Why not just be compliant instead of risk your life.

Sorry to sound like a boot licker. I'm just worried for people risking their lives like that because we unfortunately know how American cops can be.

"But if he was just calm and did what they told him and followed the law nothing would happen!"

/s
I'm not saying this. I'm just worried about the guy's life. Is it worth winning the battle of assertiveness if you end up dead out of it?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm not saying this. I'm just worried about the guy's life. Is it worth winning the battle of assertiveness if you end up dead out of it?

You know they then pull him out of the car and find excuses to beat the shit out of him and charge him anyway right?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's good that people are standing up for themselves in the face of police oppression and corruption, but he could be a goner because he didn't just keep his head down and comply.

I know it's a tight rope to walk because by giving in to these micro-aggressions it gives more power to the cops, but man. Why not just be compliant instead of risk your life.

Sorry to sound like a boot licker. I'm just worried for people risking their lives like that because we unfortunately know how American cops can be.

it's a lose-lose. If he complies they'll search his car and find something so they can arrest him.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I understand where you're coming from - but, let's be real, the cop that pulled a gun on him for absolutely no justifiable reazon would have found another reason to pull a gun on him no matter how compliant he was.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Problem is

1)People lose their lives anyway when trying to comply. Look at Castile. Or that crazy case in Arizona a few years back where they simon says a guy to death.

2)Without people asserting their rights, they will continue to steamroll people. Ultimately without him taking such an aggressive stance by filming them and calling them out on their shit on camera...hopefully helps push the conversation a bit forward. One can make an argument the Floyd protests were built on hundreds of videos like this

And trust me, as a POC I too have gotten the speech from my parents and would be leery of escalating like homie did. That said, I can't be mad at him doing it, I see it as bravery as opposed to stupidity.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Problem is

1)People lose their lives anyway when trying to comply. Look at Castile. Or that crazy case in Arizona a few years back where they simon says a guy to death.

This one haunts me to this day. Is this the one where the guy was forced by the cop to stand in ridiculous ways, then when he couldn't stay still because of the weird balancing act, the cop executed him.

Fucking harrowing.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This one haunts me to this day. Is this the one where the guy was forced by the cop to stand in ridiculous ways, then when he couldn't stay still because of the weird balancing act, the cop executed him.

Fucking harrowing.

Man. Me too. Like I don't see how anyone can look at that video and not think police need a national overhauling, even if you believe white supremacy is made up (shout out to Candace Owens)

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
0 to 100

Defund and reform the police system who keep thinking they are all John McClane

Nov 5, 2017
Someone in the Twitter comments said all they had to do was ask to see his gun license, write him a ticket for whatever they pulled him over for, and be on their way but no, they gotta escalate shit because he asked a question and didn't comply fast enough. Ridiculous.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was pulled over on Christmas Eve about 10 years ago. Expired tag. Bored officer ran my license and pulled me over. The issue was the vehicle was gifted to me from my mother, who screwed up and never had the title transferred into my name, so it was registered to a different household in a different state. The officer assumed I had stolen the vehicle, immediately pulled out his gun, and demanded I get out of the vehicle.

Thankfully, I had my very blonde mother explain things to the officer as I was handcuffed at the station, and I'm here to share that story today because I'm not black....

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

You remember what they did to Philando Castile right? He was shot pulling out his ID that the murderous cop requested he give him. You want to take the chance of going for your sit belt with these trigger happy idiots ready and praying they get to discharge their weapons on you?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

m6od8Nd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.