• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
F1 opens the help menu. F2 engages photo mode. F3 saves the game. F4-F8 toggle the various gameplay and control options.

All that (except the photo mode) is accessible from the menu, so there's no lost functionality (except the photo mode?), but it is a convenience sometimes.

Anyway, that's all that I could think of that may not be supported in controller mode. The game doesn't have text entry or anything else that would require keyboard or a mouse.

Ah gotcha! I mean, I can just press F2 to enter photo mode, even on a controller, no big deal.

I use Ansel instead anyway. :P

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
How do you manipulate the camera in photomode? None of my controls work (gamepad config). And if I want DSR resolutions do I need to set my desktop first? The game has no options aside from Fullscreen

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Thanks for this thread :)
I have this in my Steam cart but looked to ensure it has controller support and it says PARTIAL
Noooooo!!! Lol

does anyone know if this works with a controller? I use a wired XBONE on PC and have several "partial" support games that basically do not work with coNtrollers.ill be playing on my couch so controller is a must

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I have this in my Steam cart but looked to ensure it has controller support and it says PARTIAL
Noooooo!!! Lol

does anyone know if this works with a controller? I use a wired XBONE on PC and have several "partial" support games that basically do not work with coNtrollers.ill be playing on my couch so controller is a must
Try if it works with your controller for yourself. If it doesn't, you can refund it if:
-you play less than 2 hours
-you have owned the game for less than 14 days

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Noooooo!!! Lol

No idea why it says partial. It actually has a dedicated control mode choice for gamepad when you start the game. Controller is fully supported.

T4PDZ7p.jpg

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Try if it works with your controller for yourself. If it doesn't, you can refund it if:
-you play less than 2 hours
-you have owned the game for less than 14 days
No idea why it says partial. It actually has a dedicated control mode choice for gamepad when you start the game. Controller is fully supported.

T4PDZ7p.jpg

thanks yall! I just bought it lol. Installing now. This will be the 2nd Chinese rpg I played behind Tale of Wuxia on Steam that seemed ok but I couldn't get into. This threads a little slow so I'll post some impressions after I play a few hours

The $20.09 sale price seems like an insanely good deal based on how much content this seems to have.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I played the first 3 hours and:

—Controller works perfectly (XBONE)
—very pretty
—sweeping soundtrack is nice
—on my pretty good PC AI WAS GETTING 40-60 FPS at 4K max settings. Lowered to 80% resolution scale and turned a couple settings to medium and it's 60-70 but the game has a constant choppiness I can't seem to get rid of. Any help is appreciated it's driving me crazy!!
—English translation is ok. Some grammar mistakes, strangely worded sentences, some lines don't make much sense but overall I understand what's happening and it's not BAD at all
—gameplay is fun hack slash in battle and on normal hasn't been a cakewalk.
—skill trees, upgrading skills, lots of systems in place
—I have found not much loot and 0 equipment after 3 hours. I really hope I start seeing some drop or purchaseable.
—game seems pretty huge!
—I have been harvesting plants which is the only way I see currently to restore my HP, and have run out 2 times after some long stretches of battles. It was close both times and had I run out I'm not sure what would have happened lol. Is there a way to heal that I'm missing or a place to buy healing items?

fun time so far - I'll post more later :)

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling and inflammatory comments. User recently received a ban for similar behavior in another thread.
How much CCP propoganda is in this game?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
If the game's as fun as people here are saying, I'm definitely looking forward to playing this when I get home.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was made in Unreal at first, but I'm realizing this is in what I can guess to be an in-house engine. That's insanely impressive.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
neat you can craft accessories and customize their position/size, I don't know how many of these things there are, but hopefully a ton.

gujian3_2019_11_25_22q1j39.jpg

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was made in Unreal at first, but I'm realizing this is in what I can guess to be an in-house engine. That's insanely impressive.
They're apparently still using the Vision engine (the log file indicates this).

I wasn't sure at first because some of the effects are more advanced than what was available when that engine was officially discontinued, but it seems they're just getting a lot of the stuff from middleware.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think that is a fair question to ask if video games are subject to the same government controlled censorship board as TV and film, which I assume they are.

I believe they are but in general they tell you what not to include, rather than what to include. They don't demand for every piece of media to be propaganda for the CCP.

Oct 25, 2017
Go to the controller settings and turn PlayStation support on.

Menu > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings.

2019-10-12-image-4.png
Thanks, just had a look and that box is already checked for me. The controller works fine, but my default bindings for some reason don't have an option to bring up the map. Here's what it looks like:

edit: nvm, just got it sorted!

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Thanks, just had a look and that box is already checked for me. The controller works fine, but my default bindings for some reason don't have an option to bring up the map. Here's what it looks like:
Well, that explains it. The 'Share' button is bind to 'Take Screenshot'. You can simply change it to 'Select' button instead.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
If you follow chinese pop culture, you find a lot of small "easter eggs".
For example if someone is familiar with the web novel Ghost Blows out the Light, in the cave section there were quite a lot of easter eggs about that.

The game is just sooo good.I love just walking around the environments hearing the calming flute/harp music.

gujian3screenshot2019z4kmb.png

Last edited:

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Just finished the first "Dungeon" and unlocked the skill system. I can't believe how beautiful this game is. The Gameplay is not bad either but I'm too early to judge it. Thanks for the Thread, this is a real hidden gem.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Someone please tell me where I can find Braised Crucians or the recipe for it, I only have 1 tailor and he has been exhausted for like... 10+ hours, I can't craft anything that needs a tailor and still didn't find any food that I can give him, I really don't like this system tbh.

Also, how do you level your workers?

Edit: Nvm, just found a new tailor, saved!

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance they'll remove the always-online DRM? It's a complete dealbreaker for a singleplayer game, to me at least.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance they'll remove the always-online DRM? It's a complete dealbreaker for a singleplayer game, to me at least.

Seems unlikely. Primary audience is China, and it seems to be an anti-piracy measure that is a bit more accepted there.

hqydd

Nov 22, 2019
Someone please tell me where I can find Braised Crucians or the recipe for it, I only have 1 tailor and he has been exhausted for like... 10+ hours, I can't craft anything that needs a tailor and still didn't find any food that I can give him, I really don't like this system tbh.

Also, how do you level your workers?

Edit: Nvm, just found a new tailor, saved!
The recipe will be unlocked once you finish the "scent of summer" research (the lotus root recipe).
Artisans gain experience by crafting things.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 spoiled me, this game has some really glaring pop in of minor grass and stuff.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I believe their previous game used the same system, and they apparently removed it when support for the game ended (never played it, so I have no idea if it's true or not).

So there may be a chance. Maybe.

so how's the jank? None?

That's always what stopped me from getting Chinese games.
I've never played any Chinese games, so I have nothing to compare it to.

But if you told me this wasn't a Chinese game, I'd believe you. The localization isn't the best, but the game itself is solid. The music, voice acting, art, and gameplay easily match any modern AA+ JRPG. And for $20, the game is stupidly massive.

RDR2 spoiled me, this game has some really glaring pop in of minor grass and stuff.
Yeah, the draw distance is abysmal.

It's hilarious that they actually have a setting for it.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
The music in Wuzan is great

The recipe will be unlocked once you finish the "scent of summer" research (the lotus root recipe).
Artisans gain experience by crafting things.

Thanks! As for the experience, it seems to be pretty slow then. I think it's more efficient to just keep progressing in the game and get new workers that often are 20ish levels above the previous one. :P

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! As for the experience, it seems to be pretty slow then. I think it's more efficient to just keep progressing in the game and get new workers that often are 20ish levels above the previous one. :P
They only get one level, so you have to recruit better artisans anyway.

When you're researching stuff, make sure you stick extra people on there who need to level up. They'll all get experience for it.

Also note that your pact creature abilities have their own levels. Use them in combat to improve them.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling this so far very much. I am still early though, but the intro doesn't make a great impression, outside of some decent art direction.

The translation is just very dry and literal. Reminds me of like Legend of Dragoon. Lots of stilted formal talk with Adjective Noun of the World type stuff. Game really needs an actual localization.

Combat is kinda just boring so far. Reminds me of playing like basic action games from like the 360 era.

Willing to believe it gets a lot better judging by some of the reception, but just finding it hard to get into the game.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it gets massively better but the beginning sections were definitely the slowest parts so far, all the way up to the nameless depths, they were simply too long, I think it's a bit more interesting after those with the farm management stuff opening up, but I haven't progressed much after that (because I spent too much time traveling between zones and messing with the photo mode everytime I play).

The combat is okay so far, unlocking some skills and pets give you a bit of options, but one thing I dislike so far is that dodging and blocking uses stamina which makes it a bit annoying for a game that's combo focused against multiple enemies.

Last edited:

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Finally I'm out of this caves... It started relaxing but ended depressing. It's just way too long. I really hope this is the most boring dungeon in the game :x

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I started this today, and after 7 hours, it feels like the game hasn't even started yet. It's fun, but a little slow, and there are a shitload of cutscenes. The localization is bad fan-translation level, it's serviceable, but the dialogue is not natural in any way, so that takes away a lot of enjoyment of the story, and I find myself not caring about it at all. Combat is fun, but even on normal the enemies are a bit too spongy, kinda wish I started on easy. The game is also kind of light on RPG elements so far, you can barely find any gear and leveling up is not even noticeable other than a skill point every few levels.

I know I'm really early in the game, but I wish it was opening up a little faster. I've been getting crafting materials since the start of the game, and I still can't craft anything. Same with seeds. And I imagine there are still other mechanics/skills that are unavailable for me right now (I only just got teleportation).

The game also runs kind of bad for me, although my PC is like 5 years old at this point. There is no VSync option, so the game tears and stutters for me even when it's running at a stable 60 FPS.

I'd say it's still worth it for the price, because despite my problems with it, it's still fun and will probably get better as I progress further, but I was expecting a little more after the overwhelmingly positive feedback in this thread.