• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm conflicted, I started the game on hard difficulty and thought it was too much, enemies were sponges and I had to use a lot of healing items.

So I decided to restart it on normal and now I feel like the game is a bit too easy. Should I go back to hard? 🤔

I dont plan on rushing the main story, I'll be doing sidequests if I can so i'm afraid it'll become way too easy at some point on normal.

What difficulty are you all playing on? Does the game become easier if you do side stuff?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thanks for the thread. I've had this wishlisted and I missed that it was out and on sale.

So I've played for 15 hours now. There is 4acts. Im coming to end of first act. I've only just unlocked my home camp

This is a massive system that let's you build anything and u can go out in world n form pacts with people monsters etc to help craft buildings as base from chicken hens to blacksmiths etc. When u have enough builders n materials to build something you then complete a lil mini game to build. ( chicken pen for instance involved helping a guy saw wood n stuff just some added fun) U then get workers at them places you build too. There's a fishing lake in this place and system is u fish in other places in gane n bring ur stuff back to ur lake to harvest easier.

Id like to add game was built on a 6million budget which is insane for what's here

Thanks for the write up! I have a few questions if you don't mind. How is the translations? Is the character set in or is there a creator? I noticed mainly swords/jians, are there other weapons?

The game looks great, I look forward to giving it some time in the future.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just played for a couple of hours, the game is basically an action JRPG but set in fantasy Wuxia. I'm still in the intro, but the main highlight for me so far is the lore and world building. The city and village are brimming with lives and NPCs chatters, I love it. Combat is fun and very combo focused with ability channeling, kinda reminds me of YS and Tales of games. But the animation here is so much better than those, cutscenes are well made with full voce acting, and the maps are bigger. Overall, the production value is just much higher.

I'm conflicted, I started the game on hard difficulty and thought it was too much, enemies were sponges and I had to use a lot of healing items.

So I decided to restart it on normal and now I feel like the game is a bit too easy. Should I go back to hard? 🤔

I dont plan on rushing the main story, I'll be doing sidequests if I can so i'm afraid it'll become way too easy at some point on normal.

What difficulty are you all playing on? Does the game become easier if you do side stuff?
I'm not really good at this kind of action RPGs, so I went with normal. It's quite challenging for me, died 2 times already because I was too busy button mashing instead of paying attention to the enemies.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play on normal and just not use health items, since the game allows you to retry if you die at bosses.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Okay I went back to my hard difficulty save and i'm definitely having way less trouble than before, I had stopped at the bossfight against
Yulin, when he comes to get us out of the mortal world

First time I did it I had to use like 10 healing items, now when I went back I didn't have to use any and the boss only got me to 50% hp.

Guess that when you get the gist of the combat and start paying attention to enemy patterns and parrying it gets easier, just going to keep playing on my hard difficulty save, got like 2 hours to catch up but should be pretty fast if I skip cutscenes and rush to where I was.

Will have to get lucky again with that card minigame though, I have literally no idea what to do and just hope to get matching cards randomly haha

Also, i'm really really liking this game. Very surprised, this is pretty good, and it's so weird that i've never heard of it, shit's a hidden gem.

Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for the thread. I've had this wishlisted and I missed that it was out and on sale.

Thanks for the write up! I have a few questions if you don't mind. How is the translations? Is the character set in or is there a creator? I noticed mainly swords/jians, are there other weapons?

The game looks great, I look forward to giving it some time in the future.

translation is decent, havent struggled understanding anything text wise, only confusing part for me was at start i didnt relalise path 1 2 or 3 means save file lol

character is set and you do get party members, and yea its been swords at moment and other party members have like a staff oir something

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
translation is decent, havent struggled understanding anything text wise, only confusing part for me was at start i didnt relalise path 1 2 or 3 means save file lol

character is set and you do get party members, and yea its been swords at moment and other party members have like a staff oir something

If that is the worse of the translation issues I'm definitely fine with that. I've played a lot of rough translations but I do think it affects my enjoyment somewhat, especially for longer games such as RPGs. A bit more disappointed in set characters but not any more so than a Final Fantasy game I guess. Still excited! Thanks for the info!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, translation is alright. But I wish that there's a speaker's name on the subtitle. I still have no clue about the name of some of the NPCs talking in the cutscenes.

Also, I'm not a fan of this over the shoulder camera. I wonder if we can tweak it and make it centered instead.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Will have to get lucky again with that card minigame though, I have literally no idea what to do and just hope to get matching cards randomly haha
You get a feel for it after a while. It's confusing, but it's never too difficult to stumble into a win.

Note that if you click on your "stack", it will show a list of all the cards you have picked, all the matches you've accrued, and show a complete list of "recommended matches" that will give you a bit of a map for good cards to look out for. (I never use it, but it could be useful.) You can also look at the opponent's stack to see if there are any cards you want to try to keep from them.

But just blind-picking cards that have a lot of matches (from their descriptions) will still give you a good win rate.

Also, i'm really really liking this game. Very surprised, this is pretty good, and it's so weird that i've never heard of it, shit's a hidden gem.
You won't believe some of the stuff that goes on later. And it just keeps throwing more stuff at you. I thought I was getting to the end of Act 2 (on the save where I'm just blasting through), but no, it goes right on to another whole new area (and every single locale is unique), after an act already filled with a ton of gameplay variation.

If that is the worse of the translation issues I'm definitely fine with that. I've played a lot of rough translations but I do think it affects my enjoyment somewhat, especially for longer games such as RPGs. A bit more disappointed in set characters but not any more so than a Final Fantasy game I guess. Still excited! Thanks for the info!
There is a bit of oddity in the dialogue that's typical of localizations, especially from Asian languages (like referring to titles instead of using "you" or "he" and such). And some of the structure and grammar is painfully non-native.

But it's all pretty easy to understand. The menu text (for descriptions, bestiary, lore, etc.) is the worst; there can be fairly significant mistakes, but so far it still manages to get the main points across. Another problem will just be unfamiliarity with Chinese cultural and spiritual/mythological things and the loss of context due to that (there are some things that probably make sense to anybody in China that will just look like a name or event with no significance to us).

All in all, it's nowhere near the worst localization I've seen (and some of it is good—a lot of the ambient dialogue sounds completely natural), it has copious amounts of text that lets you piece together almost all of the stuff that maybe isn't as clear, and the game itself is fantastic so far.

Last edited:

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Combat is pretty cool once you get the gist of it, perfect parries are satisfying to do, combat feels a bit sekiro-y at times, especially in 1v1 bossfights against humans, I like it alot.

But just blind-picking cards that have a lot of matches (from their descriptions) will still give you a good win rate.

Thanks! That helped. Didn't even lose once this time around.

You won't believe some of the stuff that goes on later. And it just keeps throwing more stuff at you. I thought I was getting to the end of Act 2 (on the save where I'm just blasting through), but no, it goes right on to another whole new area (and every single locale is unique), after an act already filled with a ton of gameplay variation.

Exciting, can't wait to get further. Game is gorgeous too, I spend alot of time just looking at the scenery when I get to a new area.

Edit: can we get new swords in the game? I'm wondering if I should spend my crystals to upgrade my current sword or just wait til I potentially get a new one. 🤔

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Combat is pretty cool once you get the gist of it, perfect parries are satisfying to do, combat feels a bit sekiro-y at times, especially in 1v1 bossfights against humans, I like it alot.
It's worth noting that you can deflect in the middle of a combo (so you don't have to worry about being stuck in an animation and unable to defend). I still prefer dodging, but the block is a lot more useful once you realize it can be done at any point during an attack (the same goes for using abilities).

Edit: can we get new swords in the game?
It only seems to be cosmetic, and the XP carries over. Upgrade away (there's no shortage of crystals).

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that you can deflect in the middle of a combo (so you don't have to worry about being stuck in an animation and unable to defend). I still prefer dodging, but the block is a lot more useful once you realize it can be done at any point during an attack (the same goes for using abilities).
wait what so you can just deflect to get out of any combo for free?

Jun 14, 2019
so to update on the gujian 3 home stuff

you get crops

994280_20191120205522_1.png

chickens hens for eggs etc

994280_20191120205658_1.png

expedtions

994280_20191120205532_1.png

mining

994280_20191120205322_1.png

fishing

994280_20191120205734_1.png

for all these places u can get workers/monsters etc you can tame in the game to then work on these places and be sent out on missions/mining/expedtions to get you materials to craft weapons armours, food, more buildings for base etc etc

its a hugeeee system

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
wait what so you can just deflect to get out of any combo for free?
If you get hit. If you don't get hit, the animation just continues (the guard system is a bit strange). (Dodging and using abilities will also break you out of an attack animation.)

another update on the base stuff, u can send you monsters/crew out on expeditions and mining trips and stuff aswell :P
Yep. Managing their health is really time consuming, though (since it's not easy to craft all the food you need to heal them, and Percy can't research new recipes).

You can also completely decorate the area in front of the house (with placeable doodads you can craft or buy).

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Just played for a couple of hours, the game is basically an action JRPG but set in fantasy Wuxia. I'm still in the intro, but the main highlight for me so far is the lore and world building. The city and village are brimming with lives and NPCs chatters, I love it. Combat is fun and very combo focused with ability channeling, kinda reminds me of YS and Tales of games. But the animation here is so much better than those, cutscenes are well made with full voce acting, and the maps are bigger. Overall, the production value is just much higher.
Great, was already picking it up thanks to seeing it in the PC thread with some impressions from devSin and gorgeous screens that got posted by Chairmanchuck so this further confirmed it and made it even easier lol.

Cool, sounds good.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first large kingdom in the first 10mins of the game was probably the worst looking place so far, that place was like an empty free MMO city.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
The first large kingdom in the first 10mins of the game was probably the worst looking place so far, that place was like an empty free MMO city.

I mean it was big and very pretty but there was pretty much nothing to do yeah, atleast the next towns have sidequests, people to play minigames against, fishing spots, shops, etc.

Also my folder is already full of screenshots, I love the environment variety.

EfAKbmM.jpg

UpbqAiz.jpg

Tjl2OC6.png

The game just keeps throwing you into new areas that look completely different over and over and it doesn't stop, 14 hours into the game. And i'm still only on act 1 of 4.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn those environments look great. Might have to get into this, also just to get a taste of a Chinese RPG.

Edit: bought it. $20 is still not bad, though I wish I got it when it was at $7 from the discount mistake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Man.

I must say its one of the surprises 2019. It kinda feels like a far more mature Tales of title from the way the gameplay is (huge areas), the dungeons are all huge, the voice acting is great, the graphics are really really good and the fighting system is well done and gets more and more complex.

It saddens me a bit that not many people heard of the game.

Gu_jian_3_Screenshot_2019.11.21_-_21.02.18.65.png

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I won't have much time to play until December, but I tried the game for an hour just to see what it was like.

I dig it. I like the aesthetic, and the combat is fun. I beat the first boss before returning to the city (playing on normal). I died once, but realized what I did wrong and got it the second time. Definitely excited to see where the game goes.

I definitely want to get back to play more soon. The game also seems to run well enough on my laptop (GTX 1050, i5).

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I won't have much time to play until December, but I tried the game for an hour just to see what it was like.

I dig it. I like the aesthetic, and the combat is fun. I beat the first boss before returning to the city (playing on normal). I died once, but realized what I did wrong and got it the second time. Definitely excited to see where the game goes.

I definitely want to get back to play more soon. The game also seems to run well enough on my laptop (GTX 1050, i5).

Glad you like it, the game only gets better.

I will say though the game does get easier if you upgrade your weapons, get alot of exp, etc.

I'm glad I stopped playing on my normal save and played the game on hard instead as I tend to do all sidequests and get overleveled quick in jrpgs, the game was starting to feel like a cakewalk on normal.

I just finished Act 1 and died like twice in 16 hours, and it's no biggie since if you die against a boss you can just retry instantly.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
They ended up translating the store page on Steam. (For people who may be on the fence, the game translation is better than the store page translation.)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just finished exploring the first proper mortal town last night. It's quite big with lots of stuff to find and loot, as well as side activities like fishing and card game. I also stop to listen to the NPCs gossiping often. I love it. The loots are not highlighted so it's quite a challenge finding them sometimes. Regarding translation, it's generally great. I found a small typo in dialogue every now and then though.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game's art direction is good and I'm enjoying it, it seems to be getting better as I make more progress, so I'm enjoying it more and more, hopefully it keeps up. Decent character designs too, usually they go overboard with the fantasy style but I find this to be really grounded for the most part while still stylized. The game supports Ansel but the super resolution often miss some effects, so I end up just taking normal shots.

20191119213658_1i9k92.jpg

20191123084000_1vljh4.jpg

20191123091223_1g8jo5.jpg

20191123092813_1dtk6g.jpg

gujian3super-resolutil1k4k.jpg

gujian3super-resolutitkk75.jpg

Last edited:

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm 20 hours in and still on act 1, this game is huge.

Anyone know how to equip passive abilities unlocked in the skill tree? I don't really understand how they work

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this game looks gorgeous! Bought it. Excited to check it out after I get through the games i'm playing now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Very interested to pick this up. Enjoyed reading impressions in the thread.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game work well with AMD GPUs? I only have an R9 Nano (4GB HMB).

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
That level was freaking awesome

]
ezgif.com-gif-maker-472166db38755c2d1.gif

That mechanic in the level was super cool too: (putting the gif in spoiler tags just in case some people would like to see it in-game)

ezgif.com-cropae6d472b3d8444a4.gif

They're passively active once you acquire them.

Also note that a lot of skills can be upgraded (the "effect" description applies to the upgrade), giving new effects or passive abilities.

Yeah the passive healing doesn't work out of battle apparently which is why I was confused, the healing is super low anyway. I removed the point and took something else. As for the upgrades, I didn't know. I'm guessing you have to put another point into an ability to upgrade it? I'll try it out tomorrow when I get back to the game. :P

So is this game fun to play? It looks fun, but is it actually fun?

I'm personally having a blast playing it.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That level was freaking awesome

]
ezgif.com-gif-maker-472166db38755c2d1.gif

That mechanic in the level was super cool too: (putting the gif in spoiler tags just in case some people would like to see it in-game)

ezgif.com-cropae6d472b3d8444a4.gif
Oh God that mechanic is giving me bad Elsword flashbacks 😖

On an unrelated note, does this game have credits? For some reason all the Chinese games I've played so far (Honkai Impact 3rd) doesnt have any credits

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So is this game fun to play? It looks fun, but is it actually fun?
Yes, it's actually fun.

From the combat system alone, it's very fast and intuitive. You can chain combo anything from light and heavy attack to skills, and cancel attack anytime to guard, parry, or dodge in case of danger. There are also special moves that can be unleashed after filling up the orb. This is the combat system that you can usually find in pure action games, not RPG.

Jun 14, 2019
holy shit it has a captain toad mini game

49116504977_8422bd4149_o.png

49116505352_fb90d99506_o.png

this premise is basically you have family gilders come to your home base to help with your home cooking etc.

the mini game is they have been captured and u navigate these 3d levels like captain toad but instead of a gold star its a family member at end

theres also a board like game where u can challenge family members too

49116317211_4dcd138dd8_o.png

49116316606_a31895bfc2_o.png

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, any chance this comes to console? I've never heard of this series but I will definitely try it if I upgrade my PC.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the impressions. Put this on my wishlist. Part 1 and 2 can be safely ignored? As far as I see they are only in chinese.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
What are the F-key stuff? I've been playing the game and have been able to do everything so far. :p
F1 opens the help menu. F2 engages photo mode. F3 saves the game. F4-F8 toggle the various gameplay and control options.

All that (except the photo mode) is accessible from the menu, so there's no lost functionality (except the photo mode?), but it is a convenience sometimes.

Anyway, that's all that I could think of that may not be supported in controller mode. The game doesn't have text entry or anything else that would require keyboard or a mouse.