• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masaru

Oct 28, 2017
Neptunia.

A lot of my office pals know I play the games since it pops in my Steam profile but we never really discuss anything related to the series.
Weirdly enough we talk about Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive from time to time.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 and prey. So much about them is terrible but I keep playing em on Steam.

These are your "guilty pleasure" games? These games are extremely well regarded. Really weird for me to see them here.

For me, I played through and actually ended up really enjoying Criminal Girls on Vita. For a game that I went in expecting to see no/little value in, I actually ended up liking the gameplay and characters a decent bit. At the same time, there are pretty obvious reasons I wouldn't really discuss it...

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will play anything by VanillaWare. Their games can get really pervy.

Bayonetta also has some creepy camera leer that I wouldn't always describe as sex-positive exhibitionism. When it's just a shot of her ass or crotch with nothing else in frame, that's the definition of objectification.
Vanillaware games are legitimately fantastic though, and only Dragon's Crown is 'pervy' in any way, and then it's only two character designs (Muramasa contains some sexual references but that's accurate to the Japanese folklore it is based on).

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Anime games. I can't tell people in real life that I play Fire Emblem, Tales, etc.

Deleted member 11025

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I have any. I like the games I like and I don't really care what others think of them.

Though it's probably easier for me since I don't like creepy anime shit.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Survive is my GOTY
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Good luck trying to explain the rationale of liking it to anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
this thread is bait for fanservice-type games, because those are the most common games that would fall into this category of guilty pleasure

But I however have the guilty pleasure of Audition - Online Dance Battle
G00000000246_6.jpg

It provides a decent escape from toxic game culture and has a very nice, relaxed community

Music is nice, community is nice, and well, the avatars are nice. Been playing for almost a decade.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I only ever try to hide my mobile games. I used to be deep into mobile city builders (Simpsons Tapped Out, for example) and would speak of it to no one and drop more money than I should have into it. Now, it's Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. It consumes me, but I have avoided dropping too much money on it outside of the five I threw in basically as a thanks for dozens of hours.

Oct 27, 2017
I only ever try to hide my mobile games. I used to be deep into mobile city builders (Simpsons Tapped Out, for example) and would speak of it to no one and drop more money than I should have into it. Now, it's Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. It consumes me, but I have avoided dropping too much money on it outside of the five I threw in basically as a thanks for dozens of hours.

this post just gave me PTSD and reminded me of the money i dumped on a facebook game when I was 18
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Warriors games, everyone seems to just rag on them but I like playing them. I just don't mention it anymore at this point.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
I love and still play Mortal Kombat 4 to this day despite it being a broken janky mess.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neptunia, Monster Monpiece, Monster Girl Quest, Senran Kagura, Kekkō Kamen 2: O-Shioki Densetsu no Maki, YU-NO, and Vanguard Princess.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played the shit out of Destroy All Humans! 2 back in the day. It was as close as you could get to a B-movie styled game and I enjoyed it for how it reveled in its schlockiness.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a "guilty pleasure" by any means, but I do remember hiding the fact that I played Catherine from many people. That cover draws a lot of attention lol...

Nov 12, 2017
LA,CA
GTAV to an extent just because the writing has gotten less culturally incisive over the years and it's gotten into that "Old Man yells at cloud" thumbing my nose at "PC Culture" thing. Great game but the humor gets into that "Are you offended? GOOD" lane which is a stale position to take these days I think. Vice City and San Andreas were actually really funny.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
header.jpg

ORC was complete garbage, and yet I still clocked in dozens of hours in it

To this day, I don't understand why

Otomedius Excellent

I was desperate for an old school style SHMUP for my Xbox360 years ago and thought it was a sequel of sorts to the old Parodius series on the SNES.

Once the anime style opening cinematic started up I thought I'd made a horrible mistake... (Honestly, it grew on me after a while and I'd let it play out every time I booted the game, pretty catchy tune IMO)

Got hooked on the game for a fairly long period of time and ended up placing pretty high on the Score Attack Leaderboards before I stopped playing it altogether. All the little Easter Eggs and nods to the classics were pretty cool, too.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
DoA Volleyball. I remember my dad bought it for me out of the blue. Genuinely good volleyball game lol

Feb 22, 2018
I have no shame in admitting that I enjoy the Gal Gun games, and am looking forward to Gal Gun 2. I did never play the first one, but Double Peace was just a real fun shooter, that had a good amount of replay value. I found it to be a funny, and cute game too.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit ashamed over the fact that I really like 3d sonic... it's not something I play for nostalgic reasons since my first game was sonic generations (!). Yep, soon 40 years old.

I should be ashamed over the time I put into assassins creed. I have played through all of the main games except syndicate.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I play a lot of small indie 3d platformers that I wind up not talking about a whole lot not out of shame or anything but because i dont think other people are particularly interested.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I unironically believe Shadow the Hedgehog is a good game.

At the least the branching paths and morality based objectives were a great idea.

Same, I actually loved that game as a kid. Not as much as either of the Adventure games, but I definitely preferred it to Heroes.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was ashamed of the ludicrous amount of time I put into Harvest Moon games in high school. Mentioned them once to friends and I never heard the end of it.

Last edited:

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's bad and I hate it, but I can't stop playing it from time to time.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't let my friends know but when they aren't watching I love playing and training in Capcom Fighting Jam/ Evolution.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
During the 360-era, I loved clearing and getting all achievements for any janky euro-rpg.

Some were good: Risen
Some were bad: Arcania
Some were trash: Venetica

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, but then again it's not really a "guilty" pleasure, and I'm not that into it.

Probably RuneScape. Moreso RuneScape 3, now that Oldschool has become hip again, but I like both. I don't feel T S U N D E R E about games really, but tbh I rarely talk about video games in public in general. Just doesn't seem like an interesting topic to bring up at something like a coffee shop or whatever.