• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
GG-Strive-Arcade_01-19-20.jpg

Sal Romano said:
Arc System Works will release an arcade version of Guilty Gear: Strive in addition to the previously announced PlayStation 4 version, the company announced.

The arcade version will be distributed via ALL.Net P-ras Multi Version 3, an arcade game content distribution service by Sega Interactive. A demo will be playable at Japan Amusement Expo 2020, which runs from February 7 to 8 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.

No word on if the arcade version will release ahead of the console version.

Source: Gematsu

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Safe to assume it's PS4 exclusive at this point?

I think it'll be a PS5 title as well, similar to how Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign launched simultaneously on PS4 and PS3, based on director Akira Katano's comment here:

—There's going to be a playable demo at ARC Revo America 2019. Can you tell us what will be there?

Katano:
"It won't have all the features, but you can get an overall feel of the game. Please look forward to future news regarding which characters you will be able to use. Also, while we have announced that it will be released for PlayStation 4, it is not a PlayStation 4-exclusive title. For more information such as other hardware, please look forward to further news in the future."

Also worth noting that it's launching in late 2020, which lines up with PlayStation 5's release.

And of course I imagine there will be an eventual PC release.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I want to know is what happens in a Faust mirror match when one uses that afro move. If that's not the first thing people try and film, it best be the second.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think it'll be a PS5 title as well, similar to how Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign launched simultaneously on PS4 and PS3, based on director Akira Katano's comment here:

Also worth noting that it's launching in late 2020, which lines up with PlayStation 5's release.

And of course I imagine there will be an eventual PC release.
Hmm, it would make sense as a launch title.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Its interesting how Guilty Gear is a Sega arcade hardware exclusive, meanwhile Blazblue, including Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a Taito arcade hardware exclusive.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Its interesting how Guilty Gear is a Sega arcade hardware exclusive, meanwhile Blazblue, including Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a Taito arcade hardware exclusive.

One thing I remember hearing is that a stipulation behind Arc buying the GG rights back from Sega was the "condition" that any arcade releases in the series would be exclusive to Sega's hardware.

Dunno how true it is, but I always thought it made sense.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
One thing I remember hearing is that a stipulation behind Arc buying the GG rights back from Sega was the "condition" that any arcade releases in the series would be exclusive to Sega's hardware.

Dunno how true it is, but I always thought it made sense.

And it also makes sense to create BB so they could circumvent this.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I can't wait to get my hands on this. Hopefully there's a collectors/premium version that comes with the soundtrack.