• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Are fighting games moving to 120fps next gen? Or will they stick to 60 out of tradition so people's muscle memory for tightly-timed moves is continued
Probably not. Would literally be a massive change to how fighting games play. They might come up with a way to get the game to run smoother at 120fps but keep the frame data at 60 or something.

What if I tell you if you that even if you have a completely outdated pc with a GTX 770 you can enjoy 120fps Tekken 7 at 1080p?
And if you have anything decent you can run it up to 240fps at 4k?

I thought unlocking fps would be a huge issue too but apparently it's actually quite easy to do with the UE4 without breaking the game.
A Modder did that and it's honestly mindblowingly awesome. Online especially feels much better especially against bad connections. The first seconds are a quick summary of his experience with the mod online.

Here's an example of a pro Tekken 7 player using the unlock fps mod (up to 240) with 144fps fps.
Blasted Salami (prominent Tekken and fgc content creator) loves it too.

Season 4 could break the mod and I highly recommend trying it out before the new patch is out for yourself. The only issue I've seen with the mod is that the life bar blinks faster when you're in rage. It's kinda baffling how little effort it took to make it happen. There's also a fast load mod which skips the "get ready for the next battle" video for fights in which it does not load anything, loading starts after the message and playing online you have to wait for it after every match.

Modders make the impossible true like fixing Bloodborne to 60fps and fixing frame pacing, stutters and fps on a PS4 Pro via mods.

Always ask for more because the only reason why it's not possible it's because they're not even attempting to try to change it and come up with excuses.

On pc at least there's a huge chance that someone will take the matter in his own hands and release useful modifications which improves and fixes the game.

Last edited:

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Also btw. why are they not releasing just one disc? It's the same game at the end. PS5 might use higher assets which easily fit on the same disc. Honestly this approach is really bad imo.

And if they're asking for more you're getting ripped off pretty hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there PC/PlayStation CrossPlay?
They've only explicitly mentioned PS4-PS5 crossplay, which isn't the best sounding news. Not to mention pretty much all of the bonus early access and betas and stuff seem to be entirely missing from the PC version, so ASW is probably treating PC as second class citizens yet again. I'm honestly surprised GGSt is launching day and date on all platforms, given outside of DBFZ that hasn't happened before.

Of course, the playerbase nagged rollback into the game, so if we beg hard enough...

Additional Info

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
latest

A release date and 3 editions for Guilty Gear -Strive- on PS4, PS5 & PC :

- Standard : April 9th (8,580 yen)
- Deluxe : Season Pass / April 6 (11,550 yen)
- Ultimate : Season Pass + OST + artworks + special colors / April 6 (13,750 yen)

The Season Pass comes with 5 characters, 2 stages, 5 colors for each 20 characters and new content for the story.

EkCo4u2WoAA1enN

EkCo72qXgAEn4_O

EkCo_zHWoAEhkPY

Guilty Gear -Strive- is the latest entry in the critically acclaimed Guilty Gear fighting game franchise. Created by Daisuke Ishiwatari and developed by Arc System Works, Guilty Gear -Strive- upholds the series' reputation for groundbreaking hybrid 2D/3D cell-shaded graphics and intense, rewarding gameplay. Guilty Gear -Strive- will be coming early 2021 to PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, and Steam®.

About Giovanna :

GIO_01.jpg

Incredible rush-down that can break down any defense. A super-powered special forces officer for the President.
She's an officer in the special operations unit that protects the President of the United States.

She's careful with her words, but still manages to come off as rude and irreverent due to her attitude.
Deep down, though, she means well. She's especially friendly with children and animals.

During battle, she allows her wolf spirit companion "Rei" to possess her and amazes her opponent with inhuman speed.

NEXT TRAILER JANUARY 1, 2021.

EkA6p49XgAAeLzm

I thought this worth its own thread, if not, rock it.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was hoping this game would come to the Xbox Series X but it seems ArcSystem has resigned to only giving Xbox gamers old shitty NES games.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, now that we know they will be retaining the Granblue/DBZF system of just having Season Pass well, seasons, and no dumb "Rev 2" editions and such, I will actually be buying this at launch. Giovanna looks like a ton of fun.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Full price for 15 characters only feels really steep.

SFV was criticized by this, but that game at least let you buy new characters via in-game currency.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The price for the Ultimate Edition is definitely some bullshit blazing. Either way, I'm not getting anywhere close to this until I get confirmation that the online is amazing, already been burned by Xrd on that subject.

Oct 25, 2017
Full price for 15 characters only feels really steep.

SFV was criticized by this, but that game at least let you buy new characters via in-game currency.
I feel like we have that same dance whenever a new installment of a fighting game series comes out. I don't necessarily think people who are disappointed in the roster size are wrong, but the only solution is to wait. It's either getting smaller rosters every once in a while or never leaving the same game with new revisions (or seasons as it's more commonly done now). I don't want a new season of Xrd, I want a new game.

If we didn't take the hit in roster size for SF V, we'd be using FADC to this day. Which I personally wouldn't mind, since I like SF IV a lot more than I like V, but you get the idea. Time and money need to be used in areas that don't need nearly as much attention when they're just focusing on balance changes and increasing roster size. It unfortunately is one or the other.

I feel like low roster size is more of a real gameplay affecting issue in team based games, since that directly affects team variety. When each player takes 3 characters, 15 starts to feel like a much lower number than in 1v1.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
its not just that its only 15 characters

Its only 15 characters where pretty much every highly requested character is dlc on top of even characters like I-No and Slayer now becoming dlc

All while Strive is a dumbed down GG where from gameplay systems to character movesets characters now have less options and feel less unique. If you are going to limit what I can do with characters make up for it with a bigger roster

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
16 is what I'd consider an acceptable starting roster, but one of ain't too bad, miles better than Granblue's 11.

Glad it's a day and date PC release. Delayed releases are even worse than usual when it comes to fighting games.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like last gen, guess I'm getting a PS5 for Guilty Gear.

Sucks that none of my mains are in the default roster. Hope Giovanna is fun otherwise I'm slumming it with Ky

I hope their rollback netcode is good.

Oct 25, 2017
All while Strive is a dumbed down GG where from gameplay systems to character movesets characters now have less options and feel less unique. If you are going to limit what I can do with characters make up for it with a bigger roster
Didn't realise you'd played the current build!

The new character is fucking amazing. Goat design visually. (Yes I'm aware of the king/vanessa comparisons)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dead in 1 week on PC if no crossplay.
Bluntly, I suspect this is going to be dead really quickly for all platforms. I reckon the vast majority of newbies will play online precisely once, get blown out and never play the game again. Thouse that remain will likely hit the skill ceiling very quickly, get bored and leave.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it seems really dumb to make those kind of blanket statements from watching character stinger trailers where you can't even see damage let alone full move sets
They had exhibitions from both newcomers and pros (GO1 and Dogura) and hey it looks only slightly changed from the previous beta but still has the same gameplay as that, which hey sucked ass.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
A shame they are still doing color alts.
Would love to have seen them do alternative outfits as "color options".

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Still holding out hope for crossplay, it would really benefit from it. Hoping for a new character in the last slot, glad to see Anji's back.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Hey there Valk!

Also, what did they do to Zato's Shadow? Ooof.

Otherwise, the game looks good.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Y'all are welcome
ggsfaustq6k45.gif

Also, more GIFs of Yuki I made before for those that missed it
yuki2uvj81.gif

The latest trailer showed an additional frame of art for the final slash so this is def. his super and what he had been seeing is WIP stuff, which is still neat.

ggsyuki2ckku.gif