• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Her new move set looks like something people might actually play for longer than three rounds now

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Cowards won't even give her blockstun/seal attacks. Man.. I really should just accept the Baiken I want is long dead.

They turn her into a booby character, gut her moveset, and top of that make her an easy character for the first time ever. Ugh.

I mean that's everyone in Strive. Almost every GG main lost half their attacks to simplify the game and make it more approachable and balanaced.

I've made my peace about it a long time ago. Game is still fun, but it's just a different GG than GG used to be and that is ok. Both can exist.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's everyone in Strive. Almost every GG main lost half their attacks to simplify the game and make it more approachable and balanaced.

I've made my peace about it a long time ago. Game is still fun, but it's just a different GG than GG used to be and that is ok. Both can exist.

Happy Chaos exists, so I know it's a possibility in the game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
OK, obviously have no idea how good/bad she'll be, but on paper that moveset is absolutely awful.
Like I genuinely don't understand how no one said "maybe we should give her more stuff?" during the design stages.

The design is whatever though. Her classic design, well X-X2, is probably my favourite FG design of all time, but this is practically if not exactly her Rev 2 design, and I made peace with the fact it's a bit crap 5 years ago.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She looks pretty cool to play. Hope this thread doesn't turn into a character design thing.

Character designs are a huge reason why most people love fighting games. Silly thing to say just because you don't want to read about how absolutely stupid Baiken's design is now.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Happy Chaos exists, so I know it's a possibility in the game.

Interesting. I've been taking a break on the game since before the first DLC character came out. Waiting for the new story mode stuff to get back in and try them all. So Happy Chaos is more like Xrd complexity?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
jkmsw1w.gif
72dc7990721fbc2a610c2aa9ce572508.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I've been taking a break on the game since before the first DLC character came out. Waiting for the new story mode stuff to get back in and try them all. So Happy Chaos is more like Xrd complexity?
I dont know what hes talking about...Chaos is the most braindead character ASW has ever created...just throw orb and shoot gun...no thought, free zoning, free pressure, free mixup

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He's just very execution heavy. Damn near every move he needs to do in his strings revolve around quarter circle inputs and meter management. TWO meters. Ammo and focus.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like very DLC character has come and gone without much impact (outside of art). Maybe this will make waves.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Has to use negative edge to make his normals not dreadful, has no real Heavy Slash, no reversal, 2 resources to manage (technically 3 with Curse upkeep) and one of them will send you into basically an involuntary taunt animation if you screw up, and kinda has 2 stances, both of them making him lose the ability to block.

Happy Chaos has to do 2 moves for any 1 move of a regular character.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
She looks pretty cool to play. Hope this thread doesn't turn into a character design thing.
so I'm just going use this as a bit of a jumping off point:

I've seen this style of post in this kind of thread where a female character design gets criticized in this particular way where someone(s) tries acting above it all or say they don't get why people treat it like a big deal and like

and I'm going be completely serious here, I'm not being ironic in anyway whatsoever: just be honest and say you don't mind or like the design changes (or lack there of depending on the context of a thread)

it would actually be less incendiary for threads like these because that arguments gets cut down to it being your actual opinion on the matter (or rather, a lot of the time being what companies do in response to the perception that you're a large enough part of their customer base, whether right or wrong, to consider when making character designs) rather than people getting increasingly mad at other people who by all appearances do have a position on the thing being talked about, they just don't want to actually talk about it (and thus leaves in room for interpretation as to why that person has a position on it that could be more malicious than the usual, actual reasons of "yeah I'm part of the horny on main target audience they made these changes for" or "honestly I don't mind this design at all")

Last edited:

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Damn, her English voice is great!

I can understand why people are upset about her moveset being gutted, but as somewhat of an outsider looking in, wasn't it always a thing that Baiken was a super popular character that barely anyone actually liked playing?

Maybe the developers are hoping that making her easy to play will actually have more people playing her?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They don't really look bigger in that specific comparison though?
It's hard to say. In that gif they don't look bigger, but in other shots it looked like they were bouncing all over the place.

Maybe it's just a case of seeing what you expect to see based on the new art and the general audience reaction.

Kansai = US South I guess when it comes to localization lmao

I think the same thing happen for Labrys in P4 Arena
That does make sense: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KansaiRegionalAccent

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017

I've seen this style of post in this kind of thread where a female character design gets criticized in this particular way where someone(s) tries acting above it all or say they don't get why people treat it like a big deal and like

and I'm going be completely serious here, I'm not being ironic in anyway whatsoever: just be honest and say you don't mind or like the design changes (or lack there of depending on the context of a thread)

it would actually be less incendiary for threads like these because that arguments gets cut down to it being your actual opinion on the matter (or rather, a lot of the time being what companies do in response to the perception that you're a large enough part of their customer base, whether right or wrong, to consider when making character designs) rather than people getting increasingly mad at other people who by all appearances do have a position on the thing being talked about, they just don't want to actually talk about it (and thus leaves in room for interpretation as to why that person has a position on it that could be more malicious than the usual, actual reason of "yeah I'm part of the horny on main target audience they made these changes for")
Makes sense. No malicious intent. Lesson learned.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, her English voice is great!

I can understand why people are upset about her moveset being gutted, but as somewhat of an outsider looking in, wasn't it always a thing that Baiken was a super popular character that barely anyone actually liked playing?

Maybe the developers are hoping that making her easy to play will actually have more people playing her?

I think that joke mostly stems from the fact she has a revealing design and only horny dudes play her (not for her moveset). But yeah, she'll probably see a lot more picks.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

it would actually be less incendiary for threads like these because that arguments gets cut down to it being your actual opinion on the matter (or rather, a lot of the time being what companies do in response to the perception that you're a large enough part of their customer base, whether right or wrong, to consider when making character designs) rather than people getting increasingly mad at other people who by all appearances do have a position on the thing being talked about, they just don't want to actually talk about it (and thus leaves in room for interpretation as to why that person has a position on it that could be more malicious than the usual, actual reasons of "yeah I'm part of the horny on main target audience they made these changes for" or "honestly I don't mind this design at all")

I like her design, I am glad they didn't change it, but taking azami/surazan instead is like a divine punishment for lust

I regret it all

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me the most is they could have easily let her keep Suzuran with the follow ups but remove the guard point that way her parry gameplay is still nerfed while her moveset isn't gutted that much. Sadly the word fun still doesn't seem to be at the top when it comes to designing characters

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Modders won't even need to enhance her boobs

There's always an audience though lol