• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Now when I get some time to play, I just need to decide if I'm going to skip straight to PoF or try to get through Story Season 3 content. Is Season 3 content overall seen as skippable or would you all recommend diving right into PoF and catching up later?
Play Season 3! It's pretty fast, mostly interesting and mega connected to PoF. Some missions are very unique, in a good way imho. It has some great NPC dialogue too and lots of connections to GW1. :)

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Living world Season 3 was a direct lead up to PoF. Going right from the HoT to PoF would be... confusing storywise, to say the least. Plus, some of the maps for LVS3 were pretty awesome in their own right.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Play Season 3! It's pretty fast, mostly interesting and mega connected to PoF. Some missions are very unique, in a good way imho. It has some great NPC dialogue too and lots of connections to GW1. :)

Living world Season 3 was a direct lead up to PoF. Going right from the HoT to PoF would be... confusing storywise, to say the least. Plus, some of the maps for LVS3 were pretty awesome in their own right.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like Living World Season 3 it is!

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to see the thread and so many familiar faces moved over already.

Given the amount of progress on your guild hall, I'd avoid any ideas that involve throwing it all away. Inviting everyone to a new guild sounds like a logistical nightmare too. A guild leader could probably link Support any number of the news stories about what happened to NeoGAF and get the name changed.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
For only fifty odd posts, I swear this thread is more active than the guild at the moment. Good to be here though even if I'm still burnt out on GW2 a bit. Should the in-game guild login message be changed to let people know about this forum? After everything that went down, I was too late to get a discord invite here and wouldn't have known where to go without the steam group and twitter searching.

As for a new guild name, Elitists Reviled Again [ERA] please don't

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be more active, but real life is getting in the way. I've only been on to do the dailies recently

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about buying gems with real money, exchange it for gold and just buy my ascended armor pieces. I don't really have the time to farm all I need, lol.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Thinking about buying gems with real money, exchange it for gold and just buy my ascended armor pieces. I don't really have the time to farm all I need, lol.

That's always an option. I was considering doing this so I could start doing T4 Fractals asap, but decided against it. Instead I'm farming all the gold I need on the Crystal Oasis map (around 8G per hour, and using about 5 of it buying materials) and doing the daily recs and T3 for the Research Pages.

Can't wait to start buying the armor pieces and finally doing some T4 :3

Kamolahy

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I'm torn as well Ashodin. On one hand, I totally see what you are saying regarding not naming it after the forum. But I also like representing the community we are apart of.

An idea I just had for the name makes a callback to guild wars 1, The Searing ERA

As a baseball fan this is confusing.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Major thanks again to the Guild Wars Community for helping get into ERA (I'm JacksUsername from GAF and in the Guild). You guys are the best!

I got the expansion at release and played the intro missions to get my mount, but stopped there because I still had to finish Heart of Thorns (I quit the last mission a long time ago because I was having trouble with the last boss encounters) and kind of dropped off from there. With Mario and Wolfenstein, it's probably still going to be tough to find a lot of time to play, but last night I finally beat that Heart of Thorns mission! Now when I get some time to play, I just need to decide if I'm going to skip straight to PoF or try to get through Story Season 3 content. Is Season 3 content overall seen as skippable or would you all recommend diving right into PoF and catching up later?
Girlfriend and I did the first chapter of PoF for the mount, stopped, and we're continuing season 3 before we get back into PoF. We really like the story and doing the story events in order, so if that's important to you, then do season 3 first.

Last edited:

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping that before a new name is decided on we pick a few and put it to a vote, even if that means we have to delay contacting support for a little bit. Especially since registration here wasn't open until yesterday. Last time Gaming Age Force was picked it felt out of no where because as far as I remember it wasn't one of the things people were throwing around. That, and Gaming Age hadn't been GAF for years, so throwing that in there made no sense to me.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Good to be back folks.

As for guild name, I agree that breaking away from direct reference to the new forum may be beneficial.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys do it?! Crafting a Legendary?? Bah! :<
I know it's the journey, but still!

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I got the blue space book today! I'm almost to 5/5 Halloween Dailies (this weekend has been real busy!) so I'll likely get the greatsword skin.

Hullotou

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone had any experience with the Kudzu collections?

I just got to tier 2 and have only now realised it would have been and still is cheaper to just buy the Leaf of Kudzu off of the TP (I did all those daily ascended mats...).

Is there any value in starting the T2 and T3 levels of the collection?

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Has anyone had any experience with the Kudzu collections?

I just got to tier 2 and have only now realised it would have been and still is cheaper to just buy the Leaf of Kudzu off of the TP (I did all those daily ascended mats...).

Is there any value in starting the T2 and T3 levels of the collection?

I almost started T1 and also realized that buying the precursor off of the TP is cheaper. It's what I did at the end, I played the long con though and placed an order for a relatively low price of ~630g back when it was 700g+. I just saw it's 400g currently :<.

I assume it's still cheaper to craft it, depending on how many mats you already have. Try the calculator at https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Honestly, I'm just happy with my ascended armor and weapons :x I simply don't have the patience to go for the legendary. I'd rather spend my gold with cosmetics or other utility items (like infinite collectors and salvage kits).

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want legendary armour but I have no time to be part of a good raid team. Guess multiple armour sets per class for now.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
b4310Finalist16.jpg

This is just Anathema from WoW lol

Anathema1.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Regarding the Discord link in the OP, I believe you can hide text with the "HIDE" tag so that it's only visible when quoted, like the old "email" tag (it's the eye with a "forbidden" sign to the left of the "undo" button).
Like this:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
Massicot

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Thanks.

I hope that the admins fix whatever the issue is with Imgur so I don't have to rehost everything. Not that it really matters.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
CAT EARS? CAT EEAAAAARRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! OwO

catears5ksi5.png

I am happy now. ^w^

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
So the guild name changes but we keep all the assets? Or we forming a brand new guild, from the ground up?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Guild name would change. Barring that, we would start a new one and leave the old one there for guild hall purposes.

Pravus

Oct 28, 2017
First time going through Heart of Thorns content and despite recognizing a lot of the frustration I've read from people in the last thread about traversing the maps, I'm still blown away at how fun and unique these environments are! Never seen anything like it in an MMO before.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
The guild is now Reborn Flame. We'll be removing a lot of inactive peeps and basically trying to get more active people into the guild so we can have a robust community. Since we're not limited by being tied to a forum we can recruit in game.