• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
total disappointment of an event. At least the new maps will be nice, but there was literally nothing else of note.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
It's as much as we ever get. I don't know how much people expect for free.

Is it even free? Mike Z phrased something very oddly when he was talking about "and the prolog is free to HoT players!" .... why did he phrase it like that? Why did he just say prolog? (He looked ill during the presentation too.) The whole presentation was odd and unnecessary.

Didn't mean to be mean, Ike. That wasn't directed at you so much as my frustration at ANET as a whole.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Is it even free? Mike Z phrased something very oddly when he was talking about "and the prolog is free to HoT players!" .... why did he phrase it like that? Why did he just say prolog? (He looked ill during the presentation too.) The whole presentation was odd and unnecessary.

Didn't mean to be mean, Ike. That wasn't directed at you so much as my frustration at ANET as a whole.
The episodes are free if you own PoF as long as you log in when they are active. Just like prior Living Seasons. If you don't own PoF you can log in and claim it but you won't be able to play it unless you own PoF.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Only watched a small portion of the stream was too busy to watch it all.
The event is is what i expected, when you lay off third of your staff, no F N way you getting an expansion, anyone thinking expansion fooled themselves...

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Only watched a small portion of the stream was too busy to watch it all.
The event is is what i expected, when you lay off third of your staff, no F N way you getting an expansion, anyone thinking expansion fooled themselves...
they had previously even said that season 4 would be followed by more living world, dunno why this rumor of that not being true started.

does seem like they're trying to diversify what ls actually brings to the game, which is a fairly big change, but yeah it wasnt a huge event. prob could have used less mystery

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I finally started playing GW2 again this week after a long hiatus, and after relearning how to play (and remapping controls, still a work in progress btw) I managed to do something that I hadn't before, something that contributed to me putting the game aside in the first place: I finally beat the "Hearts and Minds" mission to complete Heart of Thorns. Using the action camera was a big part of that; I had largely ignored that feature when it was introduced, but since coming back I find it so vital to maneuvering in combat that I can't see how I got along without it before.

Now I can start season three and finally get around to Path of Fire.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I am returning to the party. I bought the giant Charr statue with GW2 and just reinstalled.

I made a Ranger and have the two exp packs.

Help….

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I returned a few days ago.

Steam Controller configs are a godsend. Much better than the old Xpadder set-up <3

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I last played GW2 I believe just after the release of the first expansion, when gliders were first released.

Just hopping back into the game now. Though I'll need to purchase it again, as I can't recover my old account. The required info to do so is stored in a now dead email account. Oh well.

DrSlek.3041 on Maguuma server.

Currently rocking a Human Warrior, Charr Thief and soon an Asura Engineer.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I last played GW2 I believe just after the release of the first expansion, when gliders were first released.

Just hopping back into the game now. Though I'll need to purchase it again, as I can't recover my old account. The required info to do so is stored in a now dead email account. Oh well.

DrSlek.3041 on Maguuma server.

Currently rocking a Human Warrior, Charr Thief and soon an Asura Engineer.

Did you already contact support about it? I had to do that and my account was recovered pretty easy, though I think with the recent updates and such you might have a higher than average ticket wait time :/

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did you already contact support about it? I had to do that and my account was recovered pretty easy, though I think with the recent updates and such you might have a higher than average ticket wait time :/
I've looked at the password reset option and it requires a serial number. I don't have access to that as the email address I signed up with back in 2012 no longer exists, and I'm pretty certain I never received a serial key in the first place whe I pre-purchased the game.

Not not too fussed. Starting over is fine, and the early game content is quite fun and not a slog like it is in so many other MMORPGs.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've followed this game's development closely for a long time and it really makes me sad how it ended up. The map exploration in base+HoT was something amazing though and I'm considering getting PoF to check out the maps and meta events in that one. I'm not too enthusiastic about the mounts aspect (Is this an unpopular opinion? I actually enjoyed their philosophy of no-mounts before PoF).

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I've looked at the password reset option and it requires a serial number. I don't have access to that as the email address I signed up with back in 2012 no longer exists, and I'm pretty certain I never received a serial key in the first place whe I pre-purchased the game.

Not not too fussed. Starting over is fine, and the early game content is quite fun and not a slog like it is in so many other MMORPGs.
I didn't have my serial either :p

But that's cool I feel you there. The early game is fun. I'm still working through it lol

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've followed this game's development closely for a long time and it really makes me sad how it ended up. The map exploration in base+HoT was something amazing though and I'm considering getting PoF to check out the maps and meta events in that one. I'm not too enthusiastic about the mounts aspect (Is this an unpopular opinion? I actually enjoyed their philosophy of no-mounts before PoF).
I too was confused by the decision to implement mounts. Even gliders were a bit on the edge for me.
I recall it being stated several times during development that the world was designed around travel not involving mounts, and it was never a bore to travel the open world due to this....except the Ruins of Orr. Fuck that place.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
The mounts in GW2 is not like mounts in other MMOs. You can still get attacked while mounted, and it's more like a puzzle tool than a move fast thing.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA

Path of Fire maps are very exploration heavy. Everyone was very worried about mounts before they came out, then they came out and they're wonderful.

Dec 11, 2017
Mounts are one of the best additions to the game. They add to the game so much.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I returned after a break last night. Got cracking on episode 4 of LWS4. How easy is the new flying mount to get once I get to that point? I remember spending hours in a very well run train to get my Griffon done.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I returned after a break last night. Got cracking on episode 4 of LWS4. How easy is the new flying mount to get once I get to that point? I remember spending hours in a very well run train to get my Griffon done.

It'll take a couple days. The game won't let you do the whole thing at once. Lots of flying around playing hide and seek with collection items.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
It's a grind to get the living world map currency for the items you need. (250 of each) Mostly it's a scavenger hunt.
It'll take a couple days. The game won't let you do the whole thing at once. Lots of flying around playing hide and seek with collection items.

Cheers chaps. The main thing I remember from the Griffon grind was quite a few group events needing to be done and lots of stuff in awkward to reach places :)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how much the new map reminds me of Presearing. That had to be on purpose.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I'm the odd guy who saved almost (like, 99.9% of them) every major rune and sigil he collected from salvage since the game launched. Useful, useless, it didn't matter; I saved them anyway, then transferred them to a spare character's inventory, and then two spare characters' inventories when they became too many for one to comfortably contain. I had two stacks of Major Sigils of Air, for crying out loud!

Anywho, since picking up the game again it eventually dawned on me that I wasn't getting sigils and runes from salvage anymore... but I was getting these things called "lucent motes." I didn't give it much thought at first, until this afternoon when curiosity finally got the better of me and I went over to the GW2 Wiki to learn what the heck a "lucent mote" was, and more importantly what you could do with one.

And that's when I found out you could salvage them from old runes and sigils, along with other rarer crafting materials. O_O

m4eTlQD.jpg

0VwB3I3.jpg

I lost track of how many Mystic Salvage Kits I went through. Twelve? Fifteen? More? The above is what I ended up with in the end.

Now to see what medallions and crests are good for...

Last edited:

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I've just started the stage of the skyscale grind where you need to expose the egg to magic. Wow. That's a very long list indeed. Progress is going well on getting enough map currency. I already had the first three unlocked as home instance nodes and it's nice that I can buy an extra five of each daily from Dragonfall. I spend a bunch of time doing hearts and other stuff in the zones mostly for more.

I'm going to take a break tomorrow night and play the new prologue while it's still fresh. I've switched my main from a Scourge Necro to a Mirage Mesmer and I'm having much more fun in combat. Since I'm spending most of my time dodging I find I'm taking far less damage than my Scourge (Although my scourge was super survivable anyway).

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I've just started the stage of the skyscale grind where you need to expose the egg to magic. Wow. That's a very long list indeed. Progress is going well on getting enough map currency. I already had the first three unlocked as home instance nodes and it's nice that I can buy an extra five of each daily from Dragonfall. I spend a bunch of time doing hearts and other stuff in the zones mostly for more.

I'm going to take a break tomorrow night and play the new prologue while it's still fresh. I've switched my main from a Scourge Necro to a Mirage Mesmer and I'm having much more fun in combat. Since I'm spending most of my time dodging I find I'm taking far less damage than my Scourge (Although my scourge was super survivable anyway).

I'm never going to be able to complete the sky scale ugh. I have just resigned myself to it at this point. Godspeed

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Greatsword Mirage Mesmer + Sigil of Stamina + Spamming Dodge to get big purple Ambush GS1 beam will put a Mirage's damage output on par with any class against a bunch of enemies at once.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Sounds amazing lol, I love my crazy ass sustain quickness build, I just never die and hit like I'm rotoscoping through time itself

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still trying to learn the ropes again after being away for so long. I've switched from an Greatsword Sustain build to an Axe/Axe crit build, but I'm not satisfied. I might keep the Axe/Axe because I like the skills and damage, but move back to sustain. My primary objective is to grant myself as much passive healing as possible through crits and bursts.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Skills are basically this:

But I stuck a Sigil of Stamina on my Greatsword to refresh endurance after every kill to make taking camps just take a few seconds. Not as good for small fights but better for camp taking and zerg tagging.

And instead of Scholar runes, I have Golemancer runes because I like the Golem. Also not great for WvW, but great for Open PvE.

Basically it's a real mutt build for WvW and PvE. I probably should just get a dedicated WvW character so my small scale fight performance can be better.

Dec 11, 2017
I am really enjoying the new update. I am quite optimistic for Icebrood saga now as a result. New map is great as well. The Metal Legion conference is a ton of fun.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
51/54, getting there, hopefully done tonight, unlike last season, this season i am getting them done, i created Vision and i had to do all achievements for 6 maps, not repeating that mistake again, and i didn't buy the map nodes, this time around node is purchased..