• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have that annoying Dell Manager software installed from the monitor's driver package?
No. Never. It's more on the nVidia drivers end. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure my previous monitor did the same thing in GW2 Full Screen, it just wasn't as noticeable as the colors on that monitor were already somewhat washed out. Forums point to nVidia drivers and say that some games maintain the Windows color profile in Full Screen while others don't. Unfortunately GW2 seems to be on the latter end. Not sure if it's an ANET update or an nVidia update. But looks like I'm forced to play in borderless windowed mode which isn't any different in all honesty.

OP
OP
Massicot

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I love how the new fractal and new map tie together. And while I don't care for some aspects of the design of the fractal fight, it sure is a spectacle, gee whiz.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh hey, they finally revealed the winners for the weapons contest. Not surprising that the torch was at the top heh.

517381st-3rd.jpg

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here use GW2Hook for reshade functions? I followed a video tutorial which pretty much enabled every single function, and now water looks ugly and there isn't any fog or atmosphere...so stuff just pops into existence in the background and it look really bad.

Anyone have use a preset that doesn't change the look of the game as much?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Finally getting around to checking out PoF and having a lot of fun so far. Is the armor that the Cavalier guards wear available for players to collect?

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Unlocking all the parts for the last mount is quite the journey. I'm getting there, but have run out of money to buy the pieces you need to purchase!

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't played since shortly after HoT launched but had the urge to start again. I feel really bad at the combat :P

I always wanted mounts in the game so I'm excited to jump back in.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Shit like this Destiny nonsense makes me appreciate even more how ANet handle both progression and monetization in GW2. Obviously there have been bumps in the road but by and large I feel like they do a good job of being on the side of players first.

Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this Destiny nonsense makes me appreciate even more how ANet handle both progression and monetization in GW2. Obviously there have been bumps in the road but by and large I feel like they do a good job of being on the side of players first.
Just the fact that you can get everything on the gem store with gold helps put GW2 eons ahead of most of it's competition. I don't think I ever spent any gold on the gem store the first 3 years of it's life.

Although admittedly, I've more than made up for that since then.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking to start a new alt, but I'm undecided about what to play. I currently have a berserker, a herald/renegade and a tempest (thinking about trying the weaver spec). I mostly do open world stuff and fractals, but thinking about getting into raids. Any recommendation?

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
I got a new Dell S2716DGR monitor and GW2 won't keep my custom colors in Full Screen mode, only in Borderless Windowed. Anybody dealt with this? I searched forums but so far it seems to be game specific. Colors stay in Full Screen in other games, just not GW2.
Just putting this info out there. I found a solution (more or less) to this full screen not maintaining the Windows custom color scheme created in the nVidia Control Panel. My full screen Gamma option was set to 1.0. I lowered it to the lowest value on the slider 0.5 and the colors look fantastic in full screen mode to match my Windows color settings.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Getting back into this game and picked up the expansions. I want to use one of my boosts on Guardian, but I can't for the life of me settle on which race. I have a Sylvari guardian already, but I kinda wanna make an Asura. I have an Asura Engineer at 80 and love it.

EDIT: Went with Asura.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Happy Winters Day everyone!

Have you all tried Wintersday Jumping Puzzle? Beaten all 3 paths?
Just did, having gone through with the Gingerbread path. Pretty nice change that they did here, with a bit relaxing path that you can take some more time on, and a more tense path. The Gingerbread path isn't so hard, but you definitely have close to no time to pause (with a bit of leeway towards the end of the first part of the JP), plus this affects the cold damage too.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an Era guild? Does it have any requisite? I'm a very laid back player with limited time.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Winter's Heart Infusion in some boxes I bought off the TP, probably going to have gem to gold to get winter's presence regardless. Sigils and Runes are EXPENSIVE. I do not have 800 gold for all of them :(

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
If no one got you yet, I'll get you when I log in next.

What's the difference between heart and presence? Why is one so expensive?
Winter's Heart is an infusion, you slot it in ascended/legendary, and it makes you look like a Yuki-onna. Bright snowy white skin, dark blue hair. Winter's Presence is a shoulder skin like the Halloween bat one, except it makes it so it snows around you. To make Winter's presence though, you need to buy the blueprint, do a bunch of wintersday events (30 toypocalypse runs, 5 jumping puzzles, 3 victories in the snowball fight, 3 wins of the bell choir) and also get three items that are made with 50 Superior Runes of Snowfall and Superior Sigils of Mischief or whatever. The Sigils cost 8 gold a piece, and the Runes are about half that, but it's still a sizable cost...because you also need 150 mystic coins for it, too.

So about 800 gold, and I have 113. The Infusion, I could probably get 500 gold out of, but I think I want to use it so I can fractal a bit easier.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I just started playing on Wednesday. I'm now a level 71 Necromancer, focusing on condition damage - will be going Greatsword Reaper with Condition damage too.

I actually haven't played the game since the week of release, all those years ago - it felt great to come back though. I spent many many months in Guild Wars 1 and I truly feel like I'm invested in this game now.

I debated using a boost but decided against it to get the actual levelling experience under my belt and gain a greater understanding of the mechanics. I was actually casually levelling in the area north of Plains of Ruin and ran into a huge group boss fight against a dragon and I got involved in that which was A LOT of fun.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I debated using a boost but decided against it to get the actual levelling experience under my belt and gain a greater understanding of the mechanics. I was actually casually levelling in the area north of Plains of Ruin and ran into a huge group boss fight against a dragon and I got involved in that which was A LOT of fun.

If you want to fight the other world bosses, they are on a timer, you can use the wiki page to see when they are going to be up.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If you want to fight the other world bosses, they are on a timer, you can use the wiki page to see when they are going to be up.
Thanks. I randomly happened across another one while leveling today, the Mega Destroyer - that was a fun one. So many of us on the spikes around the lava lake.

I'm level 80 now and have a Greatsword on my Necro - oh god is that fun! I can do awesome condition damage while also dealing out some series melee dps which feels great. I got some lucky RNG when opening some Black Lion Chests with the keys I had just got/picked up through leveling; I got a nice outfit that I wanted.

I'm going to finish the main story now and then head into HOT and do that story, I need to asap too because I need to get Masteries unlocked. Then I'll tackle POF after I'm done with that one. There's the living seasons content stuff too right? I should probably do that too. It's crazy I haven't played this game to this degree before now because I adore PvE and it's so fun and somewhat challenging in this game too. I love that I'm powerful enough now to solo the elite mobs that spawn as those events (orange icons/circled areas) on the map. I remember been wrecked by them at lower levels but now I spam conditions and then go into shroud and keep channeling more conditions and keep going.

I've yet to unlock Reaper From as I need more Hero Points and at max level I don't get anymore outside of the challenges that appear on the map - which I've also stopped actively seeking out as I found out that the ones in the Expansion areas give you 10 per challenge rather than the 1 I've been getting so I'll wait for those and then maybe go back for the rest in the main game content a little later.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to finish the main story now and then head into HOT and do that story, I need to asap too because I need to get Masteries unlocked. Then I'll tackle POF after I'm done with that one.

I would do first some PoF to get the mounts. The dino and the bunny with the improved jump make traversing the maps much faster and easier. Also unlocking the elite specializations is much easier in the expansion maps.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I would do first some PoF to get the mounts. The dino and the bunny with the improved jump make traversing the maps much faster and easier. Also unlocking the elite specializations is much easier in the expansion maps.
Thanks. I did the first 2 missions of HOT and the first 1 of POF. I got the raptor mount and put masteries into it twice... so I need 3 more mastery points to get canyon jumping and then I can reach the bunnie right?

One thing I'm not sure about with HOT yet is the verticality of it all, I don't have the glider yet (almost) but I was trying to run and grab the 10 Hero point things and they were hidden either super high up or super low below... those will be tricky.

I also found myself dying a lot more as a Reaper Necro with only 2 points on that skill tree unlocked so I've gone back to my previous build until I unlock more of the reaper tree. I love the Greatsword but the frequent deaths annoyed me (considering I had only died once or twice up until this point as a normal Consition Necro).

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
One thing I'm not sure about with HOT yet is the verticality of it all, I don't have the glider yet (almost) but I was trying to run and grab the 10 Hero point things and they were hidden either super high up or super low below... those will be tricky.
I also found myself dying a lot more as a Reaper Necro with only 2 points on that skill tree unlocked so I've gone back to my previous build until I unlock more of the reaper tree. I love the Greatsword but the frequent deaths annoyed me (considering I had only died once or twice up until this point as a normal Condition Necro).

The HoT maps were designed with gliding and a few other mastery unlocks (mushrooms) for lots of verticality. Yeah, so... get that gliding unlocked. Also, HoT is a huge difficulty spike compared to the rest of the open world PvE stuff from the original zones, so getting steamrolled is typical when you first head in there.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else been having a problem with the game freezing constantly? I updated my video drivers, and it hasn't helped. I can play for about 30 seconds before the game freezes and eventually dies.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else been having a problem with the game freezing constantly? I updated my video drivers, and it hasn't helped. I can play for about 30 seconds before the game freezes and eventually dies.
There was a thread on reddit about a new catalyst driver breaking GW2, but I have an amd card and haven't had issues but I may not have the latest driver.

Anyway I haven't had any freezing issues.