• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Is living world season 4 why there's those weird, seemingly random, tiny, explosions on terrain in WvW? Sometimes they seem to move in a line. I'm pretty sure they weren't a thing up until recently, or at least I never noticed them.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Is living world season 4 why there's those weird, seemingly random, tiny, explosions on terrain in WvW? Sometimes they seem to move in a line. I'm pretty sure they weren't a thing up until recently, or at least I never noticed them.

Nah those are graphic bugs that players are reporting and they haven't fucking fix, it really annoying, it's ruin my WvW experience over the past several weeks, because it makes the Necro sound effects, so it has you thinking a Necro around you, can't roam in WvW with that crap..

Oct 27, 2017
Nah those are graphic bugs that players are reporting and they haven't fucking fix, it really annoying, it's ruin my WvW experience over the past several weeks, because it makes the Necro sound effects, so it has you thinking a Necro around you, can't roam in WvW with that crap..
Okay, that makes more sense. Sounds like the bug I've had for awhile where I always see a siege impact on the wall next to me whenever I waypoint in WvW.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
There's plenty of vacant sand seas that could have interesting events dropped into them by a passing dragon for example. I'm not saying they will, I'm just moaning about empty spaces.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it brings some life back into the PoF maps. I finally managed to be up to date story wise for a change, so I'll use these remaining days to wrap up bounties/achievements for Desolation and Domain of Vabbi and hopefully be all set for the new Episode.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it brings some life back into the PoF maps. I finally managed to be up to date story wise for a change, so I'll use these remaining days to wrap up bounties/achievements for Desolation and Domain of Vabbi and hopefully be all set for the new Episode.

They are actually fairly lively, but their population cap vs. size is absurdly low. So people are there, they are just spread over huge areas.

Also around the event timers, maps will fill out fast.

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot of the new raid. You can see the raid portal in the upper right hand corner.

DPVRxDZX4AMr6E1.jpg:large

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dipping my toes in a bunch of MMOs atm, for some reason. Never played any seriously. This one is on another level with so many things. I'm kinda floored by the production value and amount of voiced dialogue.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
War Beast Light Armor is nice, still have to craft Shoulder and Gloves, but so far kinda like this look...dyes are temp..Sylvari Necro
gw596b9b7v.png

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I'm dipping my toes in a bunch of MMOs atm, for some reason. Never played any seriously. This one is on another level with so many things. I'm kinda floored by the production value and amount of voiced dialogue.

I hadn't really thought about it lately, but it is kinda impressive that they have 10 main player characters (one for each gender and species) that need to have voice over's recorded for each story step.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting back to GW2, been playing on and off for about a year, started playing a little more with PoF but quickly lost interest, nothing was really holding me. Think I'm feeling more invested now, started playing again a few days ago on a whim and I'm really enjoying myself. Have both a Necro and Thief at 80, and been loving Daredevil now that I'm getting better with it.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I just trashed a few stacks of blade shards, I hope I don't want any of those bags now.

E: Turns out they're just bags of loot and I can't buy them anyway.

Last edited:

TechWolf

Oct 25, 2017
I just maded the book, it is cool, but focus is not popular atm and it lacks a wow part in my opinion. Projectile get turned into an eyeball.
unknown.png

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, for some reason I expected this to have pages & pages. How is the new expansion? Is it worth getting back in GW2 if I haven't played since a few months after initial launch?

OP
OP
Massicot

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The sink for new fractal stuff is enormous. But for the people that do all t4s and cms and recs everyday, I guess this is the only way to keep them with something to work towards. Especially if it's expected to last the life of the game.

I have enough for the first tier of the Mist thinger but that's it.

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, for some reason I expected this to have pages & pages. How is the new expansion? Is it worth getting back in GW2 if I haven't played since a few months after initial launch?
It's great. Thread has been slow because Resetera launched after the expansion launched when the game was in a bit of a lull. Latest patch is the biggest one ever released.

PoF is an absolutely top tier experience and I highly recommend it.

I'm going to have to get the new Legendary Focus. Thankfully I main Chronomancer so I will actually get use out of it.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA

There have been a million quality of life changes since then. If you liked the basic flow of the game then I'd say yeah. The fundamentals of combat haven't changed (much, it's a bit more involved now.) The latest expansion was great fun if you like to explore. The game is a much better place right now than it was 2 years ago.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Time to return to fractals 2 Mystic Clover a day, i haven't done Fractals in a LONG TIME, gonna need a refresher course, going to start in T1/T2.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
The stuck camera while mounts load in has gone as well, can fly around corners with the crazy legs now.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sounds like domain of istan has 2 map meta's but dont cover the whole map like old ones and it actually has good rewards

also z is now officialy game director

A few months ago I announced my intention to gradually hand the reins of GW2 game direction to Mike Zadorojny, "Z". You probably already know Z well: he's a 10+ year veteran of ArenaNet, who worked on GW2 from the beginning, and most recently served as the lead designer of Path of Fire.

I'm not going anywhere – Z and I sit next to each other and continue to work together – but I won't be able to continue spending virtually all my time on GW2 in the coming year as I did through most of the past two years. A game director should be 100% dedicated to the game. Z is absolutely dedicated to GW2. He has a deep passion and enthusiasm for the game, the same today as when he started working on it a decade ago. As game director I know he'll continue to champion the needs of players, and continue to set the highest quality standards for everything we do.

So today I'm making it official: Mike Zadorojny is the new game director of GW2. Congratulations Z. :) Community, please join me in welcoming him to the role.

~ MO

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The sink for new fractal stuff is enormous. But for the people that do all t4s and cms and recs everyday, I guess this is the only way to keep them with something to work towards. Especially if it's expected to last the life of the game.

I have enough for the first tier of the Mist thinger but that's it.

The sink is based on players who play it everyday, some of my friends have thousand of pristine relics, and close to 100k relics..while players like me who quit fractal long time ago this will be a grind...

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
My raid group did a few rounds on the first boss in the new raid wing. A few things I noted for some stuff beside the boss:
  • Portal to this wing beside the Aerodrome is at Reaper's Gate in Lornar's Pass
  • Mastery leveling in the wing is set to Core Tyria
  • Only one mastery from the achievements (from the final boss I think)
  • Having unlocked the collection for the Legendary Trinket, it seems to not be that much raid focus. There is a logbook you need to make, which maybe the items you need to put in the mystic forge are from the wing. Otherwise, once you get the logbook, you go back through PoF maps (one thing for each map).

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'm finally back to this game, ready to knock out this expansion. I got sidetracked because I couldn't find one more MP that I could actually get to in the first zone to get the Raptor 3 skill so I couldn't progress and then other games came out but just saw how to get the quicksand one with the glider so at last, I can progress! Two questions:

1. Do you really have to spend gold to get the new mounts? I saw the last one can cost 20+ gold alone to get! I'm at the vendor to buy the Springer saddle right now but want to confirm there's not another way before I buy it.

2. I assume Reborn Flame is what the GAF guild name was changed into? I figured it'd have Reset or Era in the name but I see Hawkian in the list so I assume this is the one.

Izzwan

Oct 27, 2017
Malaysia
I'm slowly working my way through Living World Season 3, haven't touched PoF except the first mission to get the mount. Is the guild still doing guild mission and raids? Seemed really quiet when i logged in yesterday.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for about... half way through LWS4E1: Daybreak? (Boss in a cave, you know the one if you've gotten there):

So Koss... didn't expect that.

Now we know the fate of several GW1 characters as well:

Magrid got mentioned but seems to be dead and probably not awakened
Dunkoro is a Ghost
Tahlkora had a fate worse than death. At least she has the Griffons for company
Kormir as we all know is a goddess and has pissed off away from Tyria
Koss is living out his afterlife in a cave, just chilling.

Melonni, even he doesn't know what happened to her, all we know is she lived long enough to care for their kids and for their kids to have kids.

Almost wonder though if we're going to find out Melonni ended up in a bad way at some point after this. ;_;

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only the human hero remains a mystery. And like, weirdly so, given that a lot of shit went down with their friends but one of the most powerful and affluent heroes is just straight MIA. Its like you poofed out of existence since...

You're ascended, and several times-over blessed with all sorts of magics and powers. Its very strange that you never helped Tahlkora in the rise of Joko, nor did you seemingly do anything with or about the gods as you never show up with any relevance to the events in PoF. They reference the human hero, at the very least, and there's some ongoing mystery of the hero's spirit in the GW2 PC but they are just never themselves addressed.

Spoilers for about... half way through LWS4E1: Daybreak? (Boss in a cave, you know the one if you've gotten there):

So Koss... didn't expect that.

Now we know the fate of several GW1 characters as well:

Magrid got mentioned but seems to be dead and probably not awakened
Dunkoro is a Ghost
Tahlkora had a fate worse than death. At least she has the Griffons for company
Kormir as we all know is a goddess and has pissed off away from Tyria
Koss is living out his afterlife in a cave, just chilling.

Melonni, even he doesn't know what happened to her, all we know is she lived long enough to care for their kids and for their kids to have kids.

Almost wonder though if we're going to find out Melonni ended up in a bad way at some point after this. ;_;

You forgot MOX, and we know what happens to Livia.

Last edited:

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
I got a new Dell S2716DGR monitor and GW2 won't keep my custom colors in Full Screen mode, only in Borderless Windowed. Anybody dealt with this? I searched forums but so far it seems to be game specific. Colors stay in Full Screen in other games, just not GW2.

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
I got a new Dell S2716DGR monitor and GW2 won't keep my custom colors in Full Screen mode, only in Borderless Windowed. Anybody dealt with this? I searched forums but so far it seems to be game specific. Colors stay in Full Screen in other games, just not GW2.
Do you have that annoying Dell Manager software installed from the monitor's driver package?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is there an ERA guild? What prerequisites are there to joining? My account name is Aadrian.5612, if that's needed