• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
n0kdwia5o4431.jpg

@Guerrilla: It is with great shock and sadness we inform you that our lead producer Patrick Munnik is no longer with us. We are eternally grateful to have had our greatly valued and much loved Patrick on our team.

@hermenhulst: My heart aches for Patrick's wife and children. His reassuring presence, his great humor, and most importantly, his friendship will be sorely missed by our entire the team

Beautiful photo he has as his FB profile picture:

45848168_1947256778684060_8721930082446213120_n.jpg

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Always sad to see one the good ones go, and in the prime of life. May he rest in peace, condolences to the family, friends and every person who was touched by his work.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
That's awful. :(

And I hate to be this guy, but despite it being a publicly shared photo on FB it might be a good idea to cut out his child from the second photo.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Cancer?
RIP, it must even be traumatic for game developers to lose a colleague.
Lost my dad to cancer when I was a kid and later I heard that everyone quit their jobs at the office he worked in, because it didn't feel right to be there when he was suddenly just not with us anymore.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
A sad day. Guerilla didn't mean that much to be pre-2017, but when Horizon Zero Dawn released it became (and still is) my favorite new IP of this generation. It is my second favorite game of the generation period behind only the Witcher 3, and I've played a lot of goddamn games. He will be missed.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIP. I never knew you but I appreciate the work you did and the games you were a part of creating that brought me great happiness.