• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
TORONTO -- Gucci is taking distressed denim to a new level.

The Italian luxury brand is selling denim overalls that look as though they have grass stains around the knee area for $1,750.

The pricey "eco washed organic denim overall" is made from organic cotton "specifically treated for a stained-like, distressed effect," according to the fashion house's website. The overalls feature adjustable straps, large pockets and side button closures with a vintage Gucci logo label above the back pocket.

Gucci also launched a pair of expensive wide-leg jeans in the U.K. with the same stained-like effect as part of its men's fall/winter 2020 collection.

The fashion label said it was aiming for what it calls a "grunge vibe" with the new collection.

"Gucci explores new takes on the cult fabric, reinterpreting it with different designs and washing techniques that blur the line between vintage and contemporary," the website reads.

"Pieces with versatile ways to wear and style embrace each person who is part of the House's individual spirit," the brand added.

While the streaks are not real grass stains, Gucci said the pieces are being made with the environment in mind.

"It is produced through cultivation and manufacturing processes that don't involve harmful chemicals, pesticides or artificial fertilizers, and incorporates methods that respect biodiversity and ecosystems, improve soil quality, and reduce water consumption," the website reads.

Additionally, Gucci says cotton leftovers from the cutting process for these products are being upcycled into new materials under the 'Gucci Up' program.

For those who aren't looking for grass-stained denim, Gucci is also offering a $850 wool sweater featuring mothball-style "intentional tears" as part of its latest collection.

Last year, the designer brand made headlines when it dropped already worn-in $1,085 men's and women's sneakers that were "treated for an all-over distressed effect."

According to the website's description, the high-priced worn and dirty shoe design was inspired by "vintage sportswear" and "classic trainers from the 70s."

WTF? And here I am, having justified to myself why waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra to drop in price(even if I can afford it) is a sensible move because who the fuck pays nearly $2K CAD for phone that will be out of updates in 3 years. And then fucking Gucci comes out with grass stained effect denim at $ 1750? Hopefully this is a precursor to their bankruptcy announcement, because they are fucking out of touch with reality.

www.ctvnews.ca

Gucci is selling denim overalls with grass 'stain effect' for $1,750

Gucci is taking distressed denim to a new level. The Italian luxury brand is selling denim overalls that appear grass-stained for $1,750.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i'd be a lot more into these designer labels scamming rich idiots if they were actually redistributing the cash

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
this reminds me of the trend of faux-'artist' t-shirts and jeans a while ago that came pre-smeared in paint and shit

i'm all for lucy&yak overalls though

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this any different from distressed denim? Just another take on the same thing. Gucci gone full meme, I love it. The price is wild but the fact they're having fun and taking the piss, is something I can respect.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
nordstromjeans.png

500 bucks to look like you shit your pants
www.geekwire.com

Hey, fancy pants, these $425 Nordstrom jeans with fake mud will make you look like a harder worker

Tech geeks who work behind a desk all day don't exactly generate a mess worthy of having their occupation considered a dirty job. So if the idea of coming across as a harder-working working stiff…

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
What? You don't have a weathering body double? Just hire a poor person your size and shape to roll down a muddy hill for a hundred hours.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this any different from distressed denim? Just another take on the same thing. Gucci gone full meme, I love it. The price is wild but the fact they're having fun and taking the piss, is something I can respect.

That's another thing(and maybe this ages me as a child who grew up in the 90's) but I see these jeans that are basically all tattered and stringy in the knee/thigh area and wonder what the hell someone would think to even consider buying those, knowing they are one bad day away from tearing apart.

nordstromjeans.png

500 bucks to look like you shit your pants
www.geekwire.com

Hey, fancy pants, these $425 Nordstrom jeans with fake mud will make you look like a harder worker

Tech geeks who work behind a desk all day don't exactly generate a mess worthy of having their occupation considered a dirty job. So if the idea of coming across as a harder-working working stiff…

Those motherfuckers... lol

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like part of the appeal of distressed fabric (denim specifically) is actually seeing it progress through wear and tear over time.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally going for the Builder Uncle who also parties at Berghain vibe.

Why do you wear Nike SBs if you don't skate? Why do you wear Jordans if you don't play basketball? Haters gonna hate.