• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm impressed that there still isn't a softmod for Xbox 360. Perhaps it's in part due to lack of interest at this time, but (to my knowledge) it's impervious to any kind of hacking without physically opening and modifying the hardware.

OP
OP
melodiousmowl

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
I'm impressed that there still isn't a softmod for Xbox 360. Perhaps it's in part due to lack of interest at this time, but (to my knowledge) it's impervious to any kind of hacking without physically opening and modifying the hardware.

The video outlines some of the hacks used against the 360 - both of the ones shown are insane imo

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
They learned from the King Kong attack

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
The video outlines some of the hacks used against the 360 - both of the ones shown are insane imo
RGH takes the cake for some of the most insane thinking to even get that working. I honestly do not understand how someone sat there and figured out the timings and that it was even possible. I will say tho the Xbox One will literally never get hacked. I've been in about 3 teams who got close but if it's software related it's gonna last a day or two and then microsoft will know.

The Blu-Ray drive almost got hacked at one point too.