• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
The last raid boss of this set has a measly 100k HP left if anyone can finish the job before reset...

Oct 26, 2017
As a PSA there is a new beginner challenge involving the Mirror Rift. If you complete it 300 times you get 3000 shards which is pretty nice. Now that I have a couple of 5* units I think I am going to farm the water mirror rift and hope to get a few of the Water accessory along the way.

The 300 times is not retroactive, but 300 runs should net most between 5000-6000 shards in addition to the 3000 shard reward. It's a beginner challenge so it will be around forever, but the mirror rift gives you access to some of the best accessories and shield in the game. Also you get mirror shards for reaching stamina this event so it's a great time to stock up.

Next event looks to be a great way to stick up on option stones and magic metals.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The last raid boss of this set has a measly 100k HP left if anyone can finish the job before reset...

Damn, we just missed it. We still did really well overall, though!

As a PSA there is a new beginner challenge involving the Mirror Rift. If you complete it 300 times you get 3000 shards which is pretty nice. Now that I have a couple of 5* units I think I am going to farm the water mirror rift and hope to get a few of the Water accessory along the way.

The 300 times is not retroactive, but 300 runs should net most between 5000-6000 shards in addition to the 3000 shard reward. It's a beginner challenge so it will be around forever, but the mirror rift gives you access to some of the best accessories and shield in the game. Also you get mirror shards for reaching stamina this event so it's a great time to stock up.

Next event looks to be a great way to stick up on option stones and magic metals.

Yup. I've been running mirror rifts with my stamina this event and without even grinding too much I already have about 1K rift shards and got lucky and had a dark earring drop from a run, too. So with this event you get a free mirror rift necklace, 3K shards at 300 runs (which is a lot, no doubt, but worth it), and while going for the 300 runs you'll get 3K shards yourself so essentially you'll get at least 3 items from it; 1 necklace and 2 other items of your choice, not counting any earrings that drop from runs if you get lucky.

I wonder if they did this because they saw data that showed not many people were running mirror rifts so they gave us some incentive to do so. lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
They had a Halloween update for today.

Decorated Heavenhold, some new costumes in the shop, and a new Halloween side story in adventure mode. Also some discounts on gem packs in the shop.

I ended up doing 60 pulls for Alef to complete the event achievement for 60 pulls but no Alef which is not a big deal because he's not that good and I would probably never use him. Just gonna save up all my gems for the next banner now.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i am sitting on my gems (13k) for the next new hero, its a unique hero healler, and she looks amazing

Oct 26, 2017
Also I would think about saving the daily stamina rewards for the next event. It's a roadmap event like Ohgma's and there is a lot of good stuff on it, including around 100 mileage tickets. The entire roadmap is worthwhile.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Also I would think about saving the daily stamina rewards for the next event. It's a roadmap event like Ohgma's and there is a lot of good stuff on it, including around 100 mileage tickets. The entire roadmap is worthwhile.

Yeah, those things are a grind and a half. I felt like I burned through thousands of stamina for the Oghma event and was still missing a few rewards by the end.

I would probably still go for 250 stamina per day for this event though because 100K XP gems is pretty nice.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is there a link for the banner?

I'm really lacking a healer and I've been brute forcing everything. But recently just hitting the end of world 9 I figure my gems from campaigning are going to dry up relatively quick. Awakening and hero evolution for 3* seems to be a massive grind per character. Am I missing for evolving heroes to 5*? Am I supposed to dump into kamazon for my heroes?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
New raid is live.

Is there a link for the banner?

I'm really lacking a healer and I've been brute forcing everything. But recently just hitting the end of world 9 I figure my gems from campaigning are going to dry up relatively quick. Awakening and hero evolution for 3* seems to be a massive grind per character. Am I missing for evolving heroes to 5*? Am I supposed to dump into kamazon for my heroes?

This kinda goes over the entire next patch but he explains the new hero at the beginning: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuardianTa...lobals_next_upcoming_patch_includes_new_fire/

You can get free gems from a lot of other places besides the story missions (also make sure to do the Nightmare worlds). Do as much of the orbital lift and tower stages as possible. First clears for any resource dungeon, evolution dungeon, and mirror rift stage will grant you 50 gems each which is a ton if you do them all.

Going from 3* to 5* is definitely a grind, yeah. You basically need to run level 70 evolution dungeons for the hero you want to evolve for at least a month or two before you get them to 5* if you are F2P. Awakening to level 71 after getting your hero to 5* is not too bad provided you have enough XP gems and awakening crystals which you mostly get through duped pulls from the gacha.

You could exchange hero crystals for evo stones in Kamazon. I honestly did this to get my first unique hero from 3* to 5* faster. Reason being even though it's not advised to do that, it will definitely improve your team so you can tackle higher level stuff which pays off in the long run. For instance, if you can only grind the level 60 evo dungeon currently, getting a good hero to 5* and investing in them so you can then tackle and grind the level 70 evo dungeon is a good trade off since you will acquire evo stones at a faster rate for your other characters going forward.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
You could exchange hero crystals for evo stones in Kamazon. I honestly did this to get my first unique hero from 3* to 5* faster. Reason being even though it's not advised to do that, it will definitely improve your team so you can tackle higher level stuff which pays off in the long run. For instance, if you can only grind the level 60 evo dungeon currently, getting a good hero to 5* and investing in them so you can then tackle and grind the level 70 evo dungeon is a good trade off since you will acquire evo stones at a faster rate for your other characters going forward.

getting a 5* hero faster helps a lot in farming more rifts, it's not advised but i did the same and i do not regreat, specially with the quantity of gems the game gives you and all the dupes you get from the pulls, hero crystal is not that rare.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Yeah, I can only grind 60 rifts/dungeons. If I'm off element on my 2 strongest heroes I'll suffer too. I guess I've already spent some hero crystals but I didn't dump into a single and spread it to finish off 4*ING some of my stronger heroes like executive redhood and marina. I'll go dump on one and see how far I can push them.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. New healer might be good but I'm hesitant to split resources on yet another hero for now. I know the video said Bari is strong but I haven't really looked into her.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, I can only grind 60 rifts/dungeons. If I'm off element on my 2 strongest heroes I'll suffer too. I guess I've already spent some hero crystals but I didn't dump into a single and spread it to finish off 4*ING some of my stronger heroes like executive redhood and marina. I'll go dump on one and see how far I can push them.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. New healer might be good but I'm hesitant to split resources on yet another hero for now. I know the video said Bari is strong but I haven't really looked into her.

If you have Marina that is definitely a solid hero to invest in first as she's still considered one of the best guardians in the game. Max level her, throw on a good accessory, and slot two +7% defense cards, invest in her awakening tree, and start trying to get her to 5*.

Bari is another OP hero that's considered top tier, too. She has more counters in PvP lately so she's not as dominant as she once was but that's more end game territory you won't really have to worry about. She's still a crazy damage dealer and can work on any team composition.

Also note acquiring a guardian's EX weapon is also pretty important to really increasing their damage and stats. Unfortunately this is done in the separate weapon gacha and anything off banner is very rare to get the EX you're looking for. They did add a system to exchange 300 magic metal for 1 random EX per month so you can try that. Bari's EX will be on banner next update.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Marina is currently my second strongest purely because she will out live every other character unless fighting a ton of earth elements. However, my first two uniques are probably the most invested. They are Eugene and Vash, Vash I have fallen off a bit because she has no survivability and is harder to control. She is almost all DPS for me and I'm not good enough at controlling her for it to be viable in story. In PvP type stuff Marina is so common and will outlive Vash easily being elementally advantaged and tanky on top.

My basic heroes aren't great. I'll probably invest in the knight since s/he will always be useful as they have bonus in rift rewards. But that is probably more useful later.

For now I'm pushing Eugene since she is the closest to 5* as I've had her the longest. I can clear the fire/light evo 70 dungeons but some of the others are still a struggle.

For heroes and weapons I have
Eugene + weapon
Vash + weapon
Marina + weapon
Executive Red Hood + weapon
Idol Eva + weapon
Bianca + weapon
Plit + weapon

Lapice
Tinia
Nari

Yuze + weapon
Eva + weapon
Craig + weapon
Ranpan + weapon
Rachel + weapon
Akayuki + weapon

Won't bother listing all my 2* without weapons, I have too many as I'm sure most of you do as well

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I've come across less Vishuvac's in PvP lately but she's still a solid guardian. You have way more guardians and EX weapons than I thought so you're pretty set up to make a couple decent teams, just comes down to grinding at this point to level them up.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I've come across less Vishuvac's in PvP lately but she's still a solid guardian. You have way more guardians and EX weapons than I thought so you're pretty set up to make a couple decent teams, just comes down to grinding at this point to level them up.

Yeah. The game is oddly generous with the gems. I was pulling on Ohgma like a mad man but just couldn't get him. I got most of my 3* from that actually. I ended up trying to pull his weapon in theory that I'll pull some weapons for off banner heroes I had too. It just sort of fell into place like that. 🤔 I still need an Ohgma though lol. >.<

Also, I've come across some missions that involve using ranged heroes but none of my attacks can reach the enemy. Is there a specific weapon type I am meant to use? My go to is executive red hood but I tried Tinia and Hekate who are a bit under leveled but they can't even reach the enemy either. or is it more specific weapon than type?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah. The game is oddly generous with the gems. I was pulling on Ohgma like a mad man but just couldn't get him. I got most of my 3* from that actually. I ended up trying to pull his weapon in theory that I'll pull some weapons for off banner heroes I had too. It just sort of fell into place like that. 🤔 I still need an Ohgma though lol. >.<

Oghma is very good but one of those guardians that needs to be completely maxed out before you see his true potential. Before then he kinda sucks, but once maxed he's the best pure tank in the game currently and meta for arena. He takes a TON of mats to complete his awakening tree at level 71, though. Has to be close to 60-70 legendary stones are needed or something like that. I personally would still take a maxed out Marina over Oghma, though.

Also, I've come across some missions that involve using ranged heroes but none of my attacks can reach the enemy. Is there a specific weapon type I am meant to use? My go to is executive red hood but I tried Tinia and Hekate who are a bit under leveled but they can't even reach the enemy either. or is it more specific weapon than type?

Yeah, those specific guardian/weapon missions are a pain. I was able to complete all of them using Arabelle with her Genocide EX weapon. Laser weapons can go through walls so try that.

Last edited:

suffah

Oct 29, 2017
37k gems and 0 white boxes, was hoping to get Miyu....Ouch.

Team is currently Vishu, Marina, Bari, Tinia. Is Marina good enough of a tank? I want to replace Vishu and have Arabelle and Ohgma and have enough to mileage one of their weapons.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
37k gems and 0 white boxes, was hoping to get Miyu....Ouch.

Team is currently Vishu, Marina, Bari, Tinia. Is Marina good enough of a tank? I want to replace Vishu and have Arabelle and Ohgma and have enough to mileage one of their weapons.

just wasted 16k, got 3 white boxes on the same pull, 2 dupes and a idol eva. It feels bad.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Oof, some tough luck there. At least you are probably close to 300 mileage tickets to get her if you really want. I haven't done any pulls myself yet. I want to make sure Miyu is really worth it (probably) but since I don't have Bari still I really want her more, I think.

Also I just noticed when logging in today that I am somehow the guild master for Era now. I assume the OP quit the game and transferred it. There was like 6 or 7 pending applications just sitting there and we had a ton of space so I just accepted everyone, not sure who still plays in the lot but it's not a big deal since we still have a lot of spaces available so no one is going to be kicked even for inactivity at this point. It's too bad it died down, I think besides Genshin Impact this is probably one of the best gacha games I've played and the devs do an awesome jobs with their content updates.

Marina is definitely a good enough tank that also does great damage. Oghma is considered the best "true" tank but I would honestly still take a maxed out Marina over an Oghma any day of the week. Arabelle is a very good DPS when invested in with her Genocide however she only really shines in a mono dark team because that's where her passives lie which is why you don't see her a ton, unfortunately. She's still very good regardless, though.

I've seen a lot of arena setups where you have Marina out in front and then 3 meta ranged guardians like Bari, Tinia, and Nari in the back.

suffah

Oct 29, 2017
I was low-key hoping to hit Nari or something when pulling for Miyu. Hurts to get nothing but probably for the best, need to finish Marina/Bari/Tinia anyways.

Also thanks for keeping the alliance running, I usually see a handful of people login daily. I try to do my raid attacks every day.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Spent my almost 20k crystals and got Miyu, so now I have a proper healer. No luck on anything else. I actually got Miyu early and started pulling on her weapon with a dip into Bari now and then but ended up with nothing for the rest of my pulls. Not even a ghosting Ohgma >.>

The ability to do mini evolutions seems really benefitial. I put in my 700 Eugene stones and now she is in fact quite a bit stronger. Others got little power ups as well.

I don't know if I want to pull on Miyu's weapon again or try my luck once more on Bari, mostly hoping for Bari and a off chance of Ohgma. I feel that collecting unique weapons without their heroes isn't as exciting. I'll probably use my mileage on a weapon for a hero I like.

What is the typical power up path? 5* evo first hero to grind 5*ing others? I see that beyond awakening the rest is for limit breaking including weapon LB. I dunno how viable that is to pursue as a F2Per.
I've also mostly been slapping on random accessories. Is there something I should aim for there? I sort of steer towards stats that seem useful depending on hero so def for Marina and such but beyond that I haven't done much else.

Also I just noticed when logging in today that I am somehow the guild master for Era now. I assume the OP quit the game and transferred it. There was like 6 or 7 pending applications just sitting there and we had a ton of space so I just accepted everyone, not sure who still plays in the lot but it's not a big deal since we still have a lot of spaces available so no one is going to be kicked even for inactivity at this point. It's too bad it died down, I think besides Genshin Impact this is probably one of the best gacha games I've played and the devs do an awesome jobs with their content updates.

I check in and do raid when I remember. I usually only see about 4-8 members checking in. Not sure how many actually bother with the raid, especially given you need multiple teams. For the most part I'm enjoying the bosses. Fuck the witch though. The boss doesn't manage to hurt or kill my units often but just jumps around and throws projectiles that I can't seem to dodge which also interrupts my shit.

I actually like this game more than Genshin. Other than the gacha element they are pretty much entirely different though and I see no real point in comparing them beyond that. I was very lukewarm towards GT at first and went through 4 worlds and Eugene's event before I finally started to really enjoy it.

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The ability to do mini evolutions seems really benefitial. I put in my 700 Eugene stones and now she is in fact quite a bit stronger. Others got little power ups as well.

Yup, a great change they did. I was a bit confused at first but for others wondering all you need to know is it makes all of your heroes stronger without having to fully evolve to another star which is awesome. 40 stones per +1 until you hit the next star. (so for instance if you have a Marina at 4* and 120 evo stones instead of waiting to get 840 for the complete 5* you can use the 120 evo stones to make her a 4* Marina +3 which gives you small stat boosts on the way to 5*)

I don't know if I want to pull on Miyu's weapon again or try my luck once more on Bari, mostly hoping for Bari and a off chance of Ohgma. I feel that collecting unique weapons without their heroes isn't as exciting. I'll probably use my mileage on a weapon for a hero I like.

Yeah, I think the general way people go about things is pulling for heroes and getting hero crystals for limit breaking and then using the mileage for getting EX weapons you want, although now with magic metal you are going to want to get 300 per month for the EX box (each 10x pull for weapons is 100 magic metal). They just added limit breaking hammers this update but the EX hammer costs 1,500 magic metal so definitely not viable for F2P or anyone besides whales, IMO.

What is the typical power up path? 5* evo first hero to grind 5*ing others? I see that beyond awakening the rest is for limit breaking including weapon LB. I dunno how viable that is to pursue as a F2Per.
I've also mostly been slapping on random accessories. Is there something I should aim for there? I sort of steer towards stats that seem useful depending on hero so def for Marina and such but beyond that I haven't done much else.

Typically you should concentrate on one hero at a time. The benefit of running a mono element team is you can grind evo stones for multiple characters at once. For my dark team I was running a level 70 rift where I could get evo stones for Arabelle, Karina, Gremory, and Yuze on the same run. Unique 3* heroes will always be separated in different stages, though. Limit breaking a hero is actually not too bad once you hit 5* as you'll gain a decent amount of crystals from pulls and XP gems from events. Limit breaking weapons is much, much tougher and like you said is mostly done by whales and is basically impossible for F2P'ers. You either need to get lucky and pull a dupe EX from gacha or the monthly box, spend 300 mileage on the same weapon, or just this update spend 1,500 magic metal for the LB Hammer. Completing a hero's awakening tree once level 71 also takes a crap load of mats, luckily made a bit less grindy now that we can buy a lot of mats from the shop using kama-zone bottle caps.

For accessories the mirror rift earrings/necklaces are considered top tier. Some other nice accessories to look out for are the Sharpshooter (DPS), Ring of Fortress (Tanks), Angel Necklace (healers), Gold Pocket Watch (anyone really), Earrings of Dark Desire (DPS). These are 3* you can get from drops or random evolution in which case you can evolve to 5* and level them to 66 and are great placeholders until you start acquiring more mirror rift earrings.

I actually like this game more than Genshin. Other than the gacha element they are pretty much entirely different though and I see no real point in comparing them beyond that. I was very lukewarm towards GT at first and went through 4 worlds and Eugene's event before I finally started to really enjoy it.

Yeah absolutely, which is why I play both!

Last edited:

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I got very excited as the game told me I had enough Evo stones to 5 star a few heroes but apparently they've changed it to be more incremental haha.

Good change though, lets you make gradual progress instead of the one big grind with nothing inbetween.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
For accessories the mirror rift earrings/necklaces are considered top tier. Some other nice accessories to look out for are the Sharpshooter (DPS), Ring of Fortress (Tanks), Angel Necklace (healers), Gold Pocket Watch (anyone really), Earrings of Dark Desire (DPS). These are 3* you can get from drops or random evolution in which case you can evolve to 5* and level them to 66 and are great placeholders until you start acquiring more mirror rift earrings.

.... I've probably evolved away heaps of these trying to get unique weapons lol. >.<

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
.... I've probably evolved away heaps of these trying to get unique weapons lol. >.<

everyone complains about the ex weapons, but actually i have to use milage tickets to get the heroes since i have a LOT os ex weapons for heroes i don't own, and the game just does not give me them, i got 3 or 4 ex weapons via random evolution

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
everyone complains about the ex weapons, but actually i have to use milage tickets to get the heroes since i have a LOT os ex weapons for heroes i don't own, and the game just does not give me them, i got 3 or 4 ex weapons via random evolution

TBH, it is less about the ability to get unique weapons and more about accessories getting eaten that may have been good along the way. >_>

I've been pretty lucky with ex weapons myself. Though I'd say my heroes luck seems to be better even if I got heroes I never intend to use like Nari.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Well I got pretty lucky IMO with the EX box this month by getting another Genocide from it. The last reward for the special log-in bonus is an EX hammer too so I can limit break my Genocide twice to level 68 which is really nice. I could save the hammer but Arabelle is my favorite guardian to use so might as well just use it on her EX since it's just so damn good.

At least they are sorta common when doing random evolution so now you know what to look out for! Just make sure to use the lock feature when you do get one so you don't lose it by accident doing other evolutions.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Got my Marina to 5* 71 but not max awakening yet because you need 78 fucking legendary stones for it! Now I see why people warned me about this. Easily the hardest thing to do for multiple guardians. Arabelle and now Oghma are completely maxed now though minus weapon/accessory MLB. I'm keeping my Karina at 66 because it'd be waste to use crystals to MLB her, especially with Miya being out now.

Speaking of Miya, still haven't been able to pull her or Bari yet. Hoping I get lucky from the gems you get tomorrow for arena/coli. I have enough mileage to buy something from the shop but my hope was to pull either one and then buy their EX from the shop. I think at this point I'd still want Bari over Miya, though. I think if I got Bari and got her to 5* 71 I could easily hit top 100 in coli. As it stands now I have 1,780 points with top 100 entry sitting at 1,960 currently.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I got Miya and then Oghma while trying to get Bari. Now that I have Oghma I'm oddly content and almost want to pack it up and quit now lol.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Next update's new guardian is a light tank which will be a direct counter to Oghma in PvP so expect to see a lot of the new hero going forward. The secondary banner is Lapice who is trash so at least it'll be a single pull banner this time for me.

Still no Miya or Bari for me yet, either. I have one more chance with next week's coli/arena gems to do two 10x pulls for a last ditch effort to get Bari unless I pay for gems which I really don't want to do. I could always just buy Bari in the shop with mileage but I honestly don't even want to use guardians now without their EX.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hmmm... One of the few heroes I haven't pulled yet.

What do you do so far for characters who don't have their ex? I have some spare ex laying around for characters I probably won't use such as Yuze, is it a good idea to borrow them for Oghma for example?

At this point I honestly don't even use guardians unless I have their EX. lol

You could exchange EX weapons you're not gonna use for magic metal. I believe yellow EX give you 100 and green EX give you 300. Or you can do like you said and just use them on other guardians if they are already leveled up to 66 or you don't have any other good weapons to use on them.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Oh dope, didn't realize people were still actively playing this here. Copy and pasting this from a discord I'm in:

Greetings, Guardians! We always value your feedback and keep an eye and ear open for your suggestions. We decided to try something different and have set up a survey for you! Let us know your feedback and ideas via the survey linked below!
Please use the following link if you're playing on NA/EU/LA/OC: https://bit.ly/GTsurv2020
If you are playing on Asia, please use the following link: https://bit.ly/35k0HNJ
Survey Completion Rewards: 600 Gems distributed at a later time to your in-game mail
Event Period: Nov 11 ~ Nov 17

Get your free gems in, y'all

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
No prob!

On the topic of characters without their exclusive weapons: it does usually feel like you're wasting time and upgrade materials on a character unless you have their weapon or they're 5*. The only characters whom EX i don't have and upgrade anyways are Aoba, Hekate, and Miya.

I feel Aoba's earth attack buffs are useful regardless, pair her with Bari, and Hekate or Nari for some serious range hurting in PvE stuff. Might also be a decent colosseum meme team!

Hekate's party crit buff can also be super nice for PvE stuff. She helps me clear the level 70 awakening rifts pretty handily. Her plus someone like Aisha or Idol Eva for a party buff usually let my teams hit way above their weight. Nice for raids and that damage reduction evo dungeons.

Miya seems strong regardless. She has the best support chain skill in my opinion and she can end up doing a surprising amount of DPS with how her flames work. I want her EX bad though...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I got super lucky and acquired Miya using the gems we got from the guild raid. I was going to save them for next banner but said screw it and did a 10x pull. Also got an Idol Eva dupe and like 3 gold boxes so also ended up with like 80 hero crystals, too.

I bought Bari's EX with my mileage though so I need another 150 or so to get Miya's because I definitely want to use her eventually.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! Bari is such a menace to me in Arena. It's fun trying to dodge her shots and weaving in and out of her range taking potshots with Eugene though.

I'm currently trying to figure if it's worth doing 10x pulls to get Bari. I'm even tempted to use them to try to get Miya's EX because i don't have enough mileage and I probably would want to save it for Oghma's EX.

The character coming in the next banner seems to be a gamechanger in the korean servers, so I'm also considering just waiting to stock up for her instead. She's a new tank and is apparently hella strong. Maybe I should save my mileage for EX instead of Oghma's too.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is Idol Eva any good? I got both her and her ex pulling for some other characters. I actually have regular Eva + ex way up to 55 and some fair awakening. She was one of my early heroes but the fact that she stands still to attack makes her feel less useful overall.

I have mileage and I dunno who I should pickup or which weapon. Considering Ohgma or Miya. I'm really lacking in plain and earth element though. I have the earth archer and nari but I don't really like their characters. >.> If only I lucked into Bari. I feel like spending mileage on 4* weapons is probably not worth it right? I was looking through the book. Does Fei/Mei have an ex?

A casual observation from coliseum is that tanks are sort of op. They do less damage but still have a fairly decent dmg output. Their survivability however is miles ahead of any other character. Throw in a decent healer and you can often outlast bosses in pve. It just doesn't seem fair, the damage from non-tanks doesn't make up for all the little mistakes you might make on a map.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Is Idol Eva any good? I got both her and her ex pulling for some other characters. I actually have regular Eva + ex way up to 55 and some fair awakening. She was one of my early heroes but the fact that she stands still to attack makes her feel less useful overall.

I have mileage and I dunno who I should pickup or which weapon. Considering Ohgma or Miya. I'm really lacking in plain and earth element though. I have the earth archer and nari but I don't really like their characters. >.> If only I lucked into Bari. I feel like spending mileage on 4* weapons is probably not worth it right? I was looking through the book. Does Fei/Mei have an ex?

A casual observation from coliseum is that tanks are sort of op. They do less damage but still have a fairly decent dmg output. Their survivability however is miles ahead of any other character. Throw in a decent healer and you can often outlast bosses in pve. It just doesn't seem fair, the damage from non-tanks doesn't make up for all the little mistakes you might make on a map.
I like her! I do feel like she's a more useful Princess Aisha sometimes on account of being a ranged fighter rather than Aisha's AI who tries to suicide into the frontline. She also does have the more useful 5* ability in my opinion (she heals a bit of HP and raises def of the person hurting the most). Also useful for light type and basic type raid bosses and Scarecrows (many guilds use SC damage as a criteria for entry).

It might still be worth building up your regular Eva to unlock the collection bonuses in the book and then resetting her so you can get back your awakening stones and you could also use the other new resetting stone to get back the experience.

My advice with mileage is to always get the weapon for the character you like most/plan on working on the next. If you really feel like you need more healing, then go with Miya. If you want someone who is currently pretty meta in colosseum and arena, then Oghma is a good choice. Although personally, I'd recommend waiting a little bit longer for the next banner. You may end up wanting the coming character's ex instead. The news coming out from the korean servers are that she's super good.

Depends! Akayuki with Murasame is a menace. I think you're better off just buying the legendary exclusive weapon box for 100 magic metal and then just scrapping the weapon to get the 100 back if you end up not wanting it.

Fei/Mei's EX seems to be coming in the next patch or the one after that actually.

I forget who are considered meta in Arena right now, but Bari and Nari tear me up tank or not 😔

Highly recommend people looking to join a guild to give the one I'm in a look: https://discord.gg/jtE8Tsk

At the very least, feel free to join the discord. Everyone is very helpful regardless of skill level or competitiveness. Speaking of I'm in the semi-competitive sister guild and they've just started another purely casual sister guild for people looking to play at their own pace.

The official GT discord is also good for news: https://discord.gg/x96nDgK

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Depends! Akayuki with Murasame is a menace. I think you're better off just buying the legendary exclusive weapon box for 100 magic metal and then just scrapping the weapon to get the 100 back if you end up not wanting it.

Oh I have Akayuki and her ex too. I haven't built her because between Vash, Plit and Miya that is three fires lined up. I haven't even unlocked Plit and her weapon in heavenshold yet.

Wait, what? You can scrap items? I've been slowly random evolving things up and getting heaps of trash items in return. What a waste.

Highly recommend people looking to join a guild to give the one I'm in a look
I'm currently in the Era guild it is super low effort just like me. I don't mind moving to a more active one but I admit I'm a bit slack in guild raids and such at times.

I think I'm going to save up and see what goodies come around during xmas.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I have Akayuki and her ex too. I haven't built her because between Vash, Plit and Miya that is three fires lined up. I haven't even unlocked Plit and her weapon in heavenshold yet.

Wait, what? You can scrap items? I've been slowly random evolving things up and getting heaps of trash items in return. What a waste.

I'm currently in the Era guild it is super low effort just like me. I don't mind moving to a more active one but I admit I'm a bit slack in guild raids and such at times.

I think I'm going to save up and see what goodies come around during xmas.
I don't know how Akayuki holds up in PvE stuff (something worth asking in either of those discords I linked you tbh), but for PvP stuff it might be worth refocusing away from Plit to Akayuki!

Yeah, on the town screen go to Menu -> Inventory -> Select an item -> press the Extract button on the bottom left to scrap the item. Worth noting that Epic and Legend exclusive weapons are locked by default (the little padlock symbol near the top of the item description). You'll need to unlock the item by tapping the padlock before you'll be able to extract magic metal or sell for gold (usually not worth selling for gold).

Honestly, if your randomly evolved items aren't 5* yet, then it's worth to just keep randomly evolving them until they get to that point. Assuming these items already have high levels that is.

Would still be worth joining the discords when looking for help regardless of whether you want to join any guilds tbh!

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The training room addition this update is such a game changer. I managed to pull Future Princess and the fact I can instantly have her be 5* 74 with a max awakening tree is flat out amazing. You still need to gear up the guardians and once they are pulled from training they revert to their base stats but that's obviously expected. In order to unlock the max awakening stat you do need to have 3 unique guardians at MLB already, however. There's room for 3 training slots but I only have the first one unlocked so far, not sure how to get the other two. Maybe by completing World 10? Either way, I am sure the requirements will be steeper unlocking them.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
I had a MLB Eugene (my only MLB character actually) so outside of the initial boss fight it was pretty smooth sailing for me lol

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm still stuck at the fight. I can get it down to about half but the bullets and small arena is just too much. Is the rest of the stage/stages easier?

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
It's taken me from the event starting until today just to level my 1 limit broke character to 74. The event is going to be over by the time my whole team and their gear is 69, let alone my b tier raid teams.