• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Does the event give a bonus or something? I've been really low effort lately.

No, well no more than the usual stuff you get for clearing rifts and missions. I just thought the scaling on resource investment was getting pretty high when the level cap bump takes so long to meet that the event introducing the new world will be gone by the time i'm ready to spend stamina unlocking it. Cap bumps are pretty few and far between but i shudder to think what it will take to get everything up when it's 95/100 for world 16 or whatever they're going up to instead of 69/74 for world 10.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
So I beat the scavenger boss, the fight after but then died and decided to revive on the third fight. I have now cleared the stage but don't seem to have any stages after? Bug?

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea, had to level Bari to 73 to beat the damn scavenger. Reseted poor Marvin (sorry pal!) to get enough exp and awakening stones for levelling the main team.
Also got lucky and got Future Prinzess and her EX. Put her in the training, but she still performs not as good as a main tank as marina in coliseum somehow. Have to level her shield and weapon fully though.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Yea, had to level Bari to 73 to beat the damn scavenger. Reseted poor Marvin (sorry pal!) to get enough exp and awakening stones for levelling the main team.
Also got lucky and got Future Prinzess and her exp. Put her in the training, but she still performs not as good as a main tank as marina in coliseum somehow. Have to level her shield and weapon fully though.
Marina is annoyingly strong. I'm not sure how other tanks compare but in terms of survivability + also dealing damage she is pretty incredible from my casual experience. Not sure how she goes up against others if you were a big spender or something though.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Marina is annoyingly strong. I'm not sure how other tanks compare but in terms of survivability + also dealing damage she is pretty incredible from my casual experience. Not sure how she goes up against others if you were a big spender or something though.
Looking at the top of the ladder most have switched to the prinzess though, so maybe she really shines at MLB.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that was an epic ending for Chapter 10. Pulled all stops, good stuff.

Putting princess AND Marina together in the front row made my team finally click with Bari and Aobi in the back. Went straight to diamond 2 and from Orbital Lift 225 to 300. So now the priority is to get last LB to Bari and Marina to 5 stars.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
just pulled the new Garam hero on first try, is he any good? I have enough tickets for a ex weapon, should i go for it? or should i get the future princess ex weapon?

edit: just noticed that his attack scales up to 1039 , holy FUCK

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
just pulled the new Garam hero on first try, is he any good? I have enough tickets for a ex weapon, should i go for it? or should i get the future princess ex weapon?

edit: just noticed that his attack scales up to 1039 , holy FUCK

Not sure how it will play out but people seem to be using him a lot in coli, haven't seen him in arena though.

I somehow pulled another Braveheart (Eugene's EX) from the monthly magic metal box. I already had two and I have no idea how I even got them. I said screw it and decided to use my 300 mileage on finally getting Eugene instead of getting another EX just so I can limit break the Braveheart and actually use it. Having a solid DPS to pair with Future Princess really helps with the current Light Tower of Horizon, too. I think the only guardians I don't have now are Lapice, Alef, and Vishuvac.

The new Guardian Camp is kinda cool, just something constantly running in the background that will increase your stats and eventually give you some nice QoL additions is not bad.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I kind of want this dude, he looks really cool but I really don't want another water hero right now. I have Marina and Bianca, with a +1 Bianca EX because rng wants me to use Bianca. I guess I'll save for the next hero. I really need a good earth and balance element. They say Tinia and Nari are good heroes but I don't like either of them. Q_Q

I haven't tried the Guardian Camp yet.

Is there a link for all the patch notes?

guardiantales.com

Guardian Tales

A Link to Classic Adventure. From solving challenging puzzles to strategic action combat, Guardian Tales has it. Begin your journey to save the Kanterbury kingdom!

There are two entries for Dec 1st which is the current update.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
I haven't tried the Guardian Camp yet.

guardiantales.com

Guardian Tales

A Link to Classic Adventure. From solving challenging puzzles to strategic action combat, Guardian Tales has it. Begin your journey to save the Kanterbury kingdom!

There are two entries for Dec 1st which is the current update.

Thanks for the link.

Looks like you should get started on the Guardian Camp asap, as that is time based to accumulate Guardian points

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, hitting camp level 76 is going to be huge because then you can sweep evo dungeons, meaning it will instantly give you the completion rewards without actually playing it.

yeah, its just hitting lvl 76 is gona take a while, im only at lvl 26, at about 3240/hour.

looks like they just updated the game with a christmas theme now

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I am only getting 3k per hour. What determines the rate? I swapped some heroes around and went down to 2980 lol.

I saw a video of the presumed next hero.
Beth the Dark Magician
I like the idea of a dark magician but this design feels cheap. Red skin in a bikini, really? The eyes look kind of cool but ehhh.
Dio4JKG.jpg

Melee only buff makes her less useful in my dark team as I main Arabelle on dark.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
I am only getting 3k per hour. What determines the rate? I swapped some heroes around and went down to 2980 lol.

Depends on rarity, level, evolution level, limit break, and weapon limit break level of hero. I think thats all of them?
I've got a max evo, and limit broken Vishuvac w/ weapon limit 2/5, and I get about 1140/hour, just from her

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Depends on rarity, level, evolution level, limit break, and weapon limit break level of hero. I think thats all of them?
I've got a max evo, and limit broken Vishuvac w/ weapon limit 2/5, and I get about 1140/hour, just from her

I see. Thanks. Seems like throwing my strongest mix in there gets me the highest income. I'll just let it sit I guess. I'm glad they didn't cap the amount you can hold, or at least I haven't found that cap yet.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see. Thanks. Seems like throwing my strongest mix in there gets me the highest income. I'll just let it sit I guess. I'm glad they didn't cap the amount you can hold, or at least I haven't found that cap yet.
Unfortunately, accumulation is time-capped at 24 hours, so one should check it out at least once per day.

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
So this is a pretty good game, with funny writing and a side of gacha.
Im playing on my iPad Pro and a PS4 controller.

is there a Resetera guild?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Also I just noticed when logging in today that I am somehow the guild master for Era now
Highly recommend people looking to join a guild to give the one I'm in a look: https://discord.gg/jtE8Tsk

At the very least, feel free to join the discord. Everyone is very helpful regardless of skill level or competitiveness. Speaking of I'm in the semi-competitive sister guild and they've just started another purely casual sister guild for people looking to play at their own pace.
So this is a pretty good game, with funny writing and a side of gacha.
Im playing on my iPad Pro and a PS4 controller.

is there a Resetera guild?

So I noticed that I am now the guildmaster. There seems to be only 6 of us, including myself active in the past 48hrs. I'm wondering if we should stay or maybe even move to El Sloth's. Note that the guild is using Gacha Era's guild name and seems to be their running meme. As it stands, we are pretty low effort. I really enjoy the game and play a little daily as time permits but I can't say I can participate consistently or tend to guild matters. if everyone wants to assume the title or just stay and just chill while grabbing casual guild boss gems every reset that is fine too.

Guess I'll ping the members I can find in discord.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
So I noticed that I am now the guildmaster. There seems to be only 6 of us, including myself active in the past 48hrs. I'm wondering if we should stay or maybe even move to El Sloth's. Note that the guild is using Gacha Era's guild name and seems to be their running meme. As it stands, we are pretty low effort. I really enjoy the game and play a little daily as time permits but I can't say I can participate consistently or tend to guild matters. if everyone wants to assume the title or just stay and just chill while grabbing casual guild boss gems every reset that is fine too.

i would love to join, but i'm a south america player, myt guild is sinking too, ill just stick with it until the end of the current raid and leave.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

We are in separate era guilds because I just checked and I'm still the GM of mine. lol

We're in the same boat though and only have a handful of active players. The one I'm in is called GuardianEra and we have 24/30 so if you want you and your active players can hop over to this one or vice versa, or just join a more active guild somewhere else.

I've become pretty casual myself with the game but I still try to do dailies and whatnot.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
new patch out today.

guardiantales.com

Guardian Tales

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
We're in the same boat though and only have a handful of active players. The one I'm in is called GuardianEra and we have 24/30 so if you want you and your active players can hop over to this one or vice versa, or just join a more active guild somewhere else.

How many of the 24 are checking in, say every 2 days, 48hrs? I figure a number of our guild members have simply stopped playing and some were randoms any way. It might be better to just merge in which case I think we can move over to your guild and we can see how things go just to make it easier with the era naming.

My FP is getting close to max evo. 5 more to go. Didn't really like beth so I just did a few rounds of bianca's weapon in hopes of a limit break, didn't get it though.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
How many of the 24 are checking in, say every 2 days, 48hrs? I figure a number of our guild members have simply stopped playing and some were randoms any way. It might be better to just merge in which case I think we can move over to your guild and we can see how things go just to make it easier with the era naming.

I would say about the same as yours, around 5 or 6 on average. Should be enough room, if not I'll just kick someone who hasn't played in awhile.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Was there anyone else switching over Snormy? So far it's been just you.

I just got to level 76 at the guardian base so now I can sweep evo dungeons and add another 3-4 teams for more points. Now my stamina is really going to go down the drain. lol

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
New side story is up now, homage to Elite Beat Agents.

This was pretty fun, tho I havent been able to hit full combo on hard

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Got Beth Ex on an attempt at bianca weapon. It was bait but I fell for it and pulled for Beth. Got played and walked out with nothing. Oh well.

New side story is up now, homage to Elite Beat Agents.

This was pretty fun, tho I havent been able to hit full combo on hard
I tried twice and failed by one miss each time in different areas. In the end I just mashed my way through it like a filthy cheater. :(

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Was there anyone else switching over Snormy? So far it's been just you.

I just got to level 76 at the guardian base so now I can sweep evo dungeons and add another 3-4 teams for more points. Now my stamina is really going to go down the drain. lol

I returned to GT to find a guild full of dead bodies and applied to guardians era.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Make sure to clear the Santa's Workshop event mission, this unlocks a free package to claim from the shop!

Getting to rank 76 is a massive game changer, sweeping evo dungeons has in fact cut my grinding time by so much and I can just dump stamina and then do other things. I just need to hit 126 so I can do the same for event rift.

I'm also kinda glad the guild raid isn't currently open. Been so busy that I've mostly missed the last few runs any way. Hopefully in new year schedule will settle down.

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
Dang I just picked the game back up because of some irl things getting in the way previously, I'm in guardianera guild and have lots of catching up to do, I left off right at the end of world 5. Should I just keep trying to push the story to increase level cap while doing the current event?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Hello friends, any tips for newcomers? I've not spent a single gem yet cause I see that's the paid currency

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Hello friends, any tips for newcomers? I've not spent a single gem yet cause I see that's the paid currency

What kind of tips are you after? I'm assuming you want to remain F2P. You do get some characters for free, but others you will need to use currency to get. At the moment, Bari is in rotation. She is very strong. I'm not sure how strong Rue is but Bari has carried many people and torment others in arena/coliseum alike. All of this is heresay though, I've tried my luck on Bari multiple times and RNG is unfavourable for me here.

The Knight or Guardian is a good investment. Two reasons for this is that she can use a variety of different weapons which might be useful to help you push through trouble spots (including some ranged weapons for kiting) but also because event rifts will grant 20% bonus currency per run.

It is worth joining a guild because the raid gems are fairly generous even with little effort.

It might help to know what heroes you have if you want some team suggestions. Heavily investing in one hero can carry you quite far. A full team of the same element (mono element teams) can be very strong due to passives from various characters as they unlock. Also if there is a character you really like, they typically work in PvE since it is often skill based though some sections may be harder. Some stages may also require ranged weapons or what not.

For items, random evolution your 1 and 2* gear into 3 or higher. Going up further is a bit costly but also has a chance to score a hero's EX weapon on the rare occasion. If the item is of a high level though, consider feeding it to your current weapon/accessory. A decent weapon will go a long way and probably more important early on that which hero you are using.

My suggestion is to invest in the Guardian until you find heroes you like to add to your team.

Play a little of coliseum. It is quick and without too much effort you get some gems per week. I don't even use all my entries and not even playing every day.

Stamina is used to unlock a stage or grind resources. Once the stage is unlocked, you can quit to lobby and enter again for free later.

Character Evolution is a long process but one of the most vital ones for character progression. If you don't know what to dump your stamina on, this is probably the one.

I think, spending some currency on heroes or weapons can probably help you in the long run. A good hero/weapon can carry you a bit and earn you some crystals along the way. But everyone plays a bit differently and with different goals. I switch from being a heavy saver on my gems to throwing it all out on a whim.

The awakening stones rift can be played 3 times per day without using gems to refresh. I highly recommend prioritizing these 3 rounds because every hero uses these stones and you run out faster than you realise as you progress. This is the illegal parking car bashing stages. They are pretty quick thankfully.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Dang I just picked the game back up because of some irl things getting in the way previously, I'm in guardianera guild and have lots of catching up to do, I left off right at the end of world 5. Should I just keep trying to push the story to increase level cap while doing the current event?

Definitely clear the first stage (doesn't need full clear) of the event with Rue and Santa. This unlocks a free pack to get goodies in the shop. Check shop daily to grab goodies after until you've claimed it all.

For progression, yeah. I think running the event rift daily for some rewards is fairly low effort, I just auto the highest difficulty I can. World 6 is fairly straight forward from memory but 7 and onwards the difficulty really starts to ramp up, especially in 8 for me (though I was also off element there).
I would play the current event story as far as you can too. There usually aren't many stages and some of them has very little actual combat any way. They are fairly standalone and the rewards are good too.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of tips are you after? I'm assuming you want to remain F2P. You do get some characters for free, but others you will need to use currency to get. At the moment, Bari is in rotation. She is very strong. I'm not sure how strong Rue is but Bari has carried many people and torment others in arena/coliseum alike. All of this is heresay though, I've tried my luck on Bari multiple times and RNG is unfavourable for me here.

The Knight or Guardian is a good investment. Two reasons for this is that she can use a variety of different weapons which might be useful to help you push through trouble spots (including some ranged weapons for kiting) but also because event rifts will grant 20% bonus currency per run.

It is worth joining a guild because the raid gems are fairly generous even with little effort.

It might help to know what heroes you have if you want some team suggestions. Heavily investing in one hero can carry you quite far. A full team of the same element (mono element teams) can be very strong due to passives from various characters as they unlock. Also if there is a character you really like, they typically work in PvE since it is often skill based though some sections may be harder. Some stages may also require ranged weapons or what not.

For items, random evolution your 1 and 2* gear into 3 or higher. Going up further is a bit costly but also has a chance to score a hero's EX weapon on the rare occasion. If the item is of a high level though, consider feeding it to your current weapon/accessory. A decent weapon will go a long way and probably more important early on that which hero you are using.

My suggestion is to invest in the Guardian until you find heroes you like to add to your team.

Play a little of coliseum. It is quick and without too much effort you get some gems per week. I don't even use all my entries and not even playing every day.

Stamina is used to unlock a stage or grind resources. Once the stage is unlocked, you can quit to lobby and enter again for free later.

Character Evolution is a long process but one of the most vital ones for character progression. If you don't know what to dump your stamina on, this is probably the one.

I think, spending some currency on heroes or weapons can probably help you in the long run. A good hero/weapon can carry you a bit and earn you some crystals along the way. But everyone plays a bit differently and with different goals. I switch from being a heavy saver on my gems to throwing it all out on a whim.

The awakening stones rift can be played 3 times per day without using gems to refresh. I highly recommend prioritizing these 3 rounds because every hero uses these stones and you run out faster than you realise as you progress. This is the illegal parking car bashing stages. They are pretty quick thankfully.
Wow, this a very in-depth post, thank you!

1) The main advice I suppose I'm looking for right now is what to spend my gems on. I have almost 15,000 now, and haven't spent a single one.

2) I only have the Knight so far, I don't know if Guardian is another playable character you unlock later on? I've noticed that the Knight has the most weapon options of all the helpers I've unlocked.

3) Does Era have a guild?

4) I currently have Elvira, White Beast, Karina, Loraine, Rachel, and Marianne. Should I invest heavily in any one of these particularly?

5) I don't know what random evolutions or EZ weapons are are. I currently have a slew of 3-star gear that most of my characters are using, that I've spent gold (and trash items) infusing up to lvl 20+.

6) Don't have Guardian yet. Haven't unlocked Coliseum yet. I've been slowly plinking away at getting Knight and Inn Maiden (Loraine) evolution stones since the Knight is my player character and Loraine is my main healer.

7) I do the car bashing every day, though it's a bit annoying to have to unlock the level 20/30 rifts every day

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely clear the first stage (doesn't need full clear) of the event with Rue and Santa. This unlocks a free pack to get goodies in the shop. Check shop daily to grab goodies after until you've claimed it all.

For progression, yeah. I think running the event rift daily for some rewards is fairly low effort, I just auto the highest difficulty I can. World 6 is fairly straight forward from memory but 7 and onwards the difficulty really starts to ramp up, especially in 8 for me (though I was also off element there).
I would play the current event story as far as you can too. There usually aren't many stages and some of them has very little actual combat any way. They are fairly standalone and the rewards are good too.
Yeah I cleared the first stage and got the free pack active thanks.
I just pulled bari and her weapon, considering pouring all resources into leveling her now since I was running plitvice with her weapon, think I could pair her up with tinia and bianca but both of them are only lvl1 with no awakenings.
Wow, this a very in-depth post, thank you!

1) The main advice I suppose I'm looking for right now is what to spend my gems on. I have almost 15,000 now, and haven't spent a single one.

2) I only have the Knight so far, I don't know if Guardian is another playable character you unlock later on? I've noticed that the Knight has the most weapon options of all the helpers I've unlocked.

3) Does Era have a guild?

4) I currently have Elvira, White Beast, Karina, Loraine, Rachel, and Marianne. Should I invest heavily in any one of these particularly?

5) I don't know what random evolutions or EZ weapons are are. I currently have a slew of 3-star gear that most of my characters are using, that I've spent gold (and trash items) infusing up to lvl 20+.

6) Don't have Guardian yet. Haven't unlocked Coliseum yet. I've been slowly plinking away at getting Knight and Inn Maiden (Loraine) evolution stones since the Knight is my player character and Loraine is my main healer.

7) I do the car bashing every day, though it's a bit annoying to have to unlock the level 20/30 rifts every day
1. I don't remember if they kept it but don't you have a guaranteed chance to pull a 3* character on the character banner? iirc they had one when I played around launch or I'm getting it mixed up with something else. Spending gems pulling on heroes or weapons gives you mileage, 300 mileage = you can trade for any 3* hero or ex weapon. The more hero you have the more options you have to make a team that synergize pretty well with their chain skill. I'd pull for more heroes and maybe do 10-20 pulls on weapons. There is also the current event mission giving you extra mileage for every 20 pulls you do for heroes and weapons.

2.might be referring to the knight you start as.

3.yeah look for GuardianEra

4.I would keep loraine around for her healing, then the other 3 could be whoever you like. Not sure if you have enough yet but go to each hero awakening tab and activate the first node to get their chain skill. Then you can see who you can chain with based on status afflicted by the weapon of whoever you are playing as.

5.when you go to enhance a weapon theres a tab for random evolution, use a 1* weapon and sacrifice a couple 1* weapon to get a random 2*, etc for 2* and on.