• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
I didn't know him but he genuinely seemed like a good person who helped making the community for Destiny what it is. I wish him a peaceful rest.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
RIP I'm not familiar with the username, we may have crossed paths maybe not, even if not it has made me extremely sad to read that we have lost one of our own :(

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Alex sounded like nothing short of an incredible person, with a tremendously positive impact on the people he came into contact with. My heart sincerely goes out to those grieving right now, on Era and elsewhere. May he rest in peace.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
:(

I never got to play with him but we occasionally chatted on the discord. He was always so nice, I'm going to miss him. I'm glad he was able to get Luna's Howl after what seemed like endless losses for him. Rest in peace guardian, see you starside my friend

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tragic that his life was cut so suddenly, and the family doesn't know why. Donated to their funeral costs.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rest in peace. So sad to lose someone so talented and kind.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Rest in peace. Clearly very loved by this community so I could only imagine what his family and friends are going through. Condolences.

Oct 31, 2017
Whenever I see someone that young pass (I'm only in my 30s), I think of how much I wouldn't have accomplished if my life was cut short at that point. Then I really feel for the poor man/woman who won't get to experience things later in life. He seemed like a really pleasant person from his Facebook and from the GoFundMe and just from his picture. RIP.

Dare I ask how this happened? If it's being kept hush at the moment, I totally understand.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the nicest, realest people I've ever met from the few times we played together. Back in the early days of Forsaken when Lucid was just starting out and didn't have the light level for raiding, we did the Last Wish first secret chest cheese once or twice together. A fairly difficult player, to put it mildly, joined up but Lucid just took it in stride when I was ready to go to orbit. He showed the guy all the jumps, was patient when the guy wouldn't switch to gear to make the leaps/mantle the buggy ledges, and didn't get jealous when the guy got a perfect rolled gun (I think it was the sniper?) at the end of it all. Even took the guy on a Nightfall afterwards to show him the ropes. I'll miss him on the discord and those insane DDR streams.

RIP

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I never played Destiny with Alex but I did notice his posts here in the forum and he always came off as a very nice, positive person. It's heartbreaking to hear he has passed especially being so young. Rest In Peace, Alex. My condolences to the family.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Reading the GoFundMe page... wow, this guy was something else. I don't know him, but I recognize his handle and avatar. Never really got into Destiny. But reading about him on that page I have to donate to this, and I'm going to book an appointment to give blood. Sounds like if we all strive to be even half as generous as this guy was the world would be a much better place.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guardians never die

Everyone on the DestinyERA Discord knew Lucid. He was a very active member and always willing to help everyone do Raids for the first time, even when he had nothing to gain from it. He was amazingly cheerful and a great teammate. We all missed his presence this week during the raid of the weekend.
We still miss him and will keep missing. Giant loss.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing with the wider community. A small donation which I hope will somehow help the family during this difficult time.

RIP