• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
There's pea milk too.

I'm fine with dairy though.
Yeah, I'm surprised to see pea milk so infrequently mentioned in these discussions. In particular, Ripple Half-Half is my favorite dairy-alternative product ever.

And then my go-to to just drink straight up is flax milk with pea protein in it. Or of course ol' trusty soy.

Oatmilk being the one to catch on has me a bit puzzled as someone who's been sampling this stuff for the past decade, even if I like it. At least oat milk isn't candy like a lot of almond milks that are all added sugar and no protein.

Last edited:

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't drink milk regularly but I really like fresh soy milk. I recently tried an oat milk latte and it was delightful.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the current fad is oat milk, lord have mercy people love shouting about that shit nowadays

like, it's good but damn

it kinda checks my boxes - Oatly Barista is rich enough to eat with cereal, it works great in coffee, it's not bad for the environment, and it doesn't detonate my GI tract. I like it better than any almond milk I've had.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I read this yesterday and remembered the thread from a few weeks ago about dairy. So I bought oat milk yesterday. Not tried it yet.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I'll stick with my whole milk. Using anything else in my cereal or for dunking my Oreos is fucking disgusting.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I'll stick with Almond. It's the most affordable I can get. Our oat is too expensive.

As long as it's not dairy.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
SxgpH4h.gif

tenor.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Oat milk is the real shit. I'd never buy almond milk again.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
LOL fads? People have been subbing almond milk for 15 years. Soy for almost 30.
But lookout! Here comes oat milk! It's new and different, not like that tired Soy shit that your parents drink or that almond milk that everyone thinks is so great.

Oat milk is new. Different. Special. You want to drink oat milk. You need to drink oat milk. Everyone else should, too. They don't know what they're missing.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Just drink the soy milk found in Asian markets. That shit is bomb as fuck

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
You can drink whatever you'd like. I drink milk from a cow, usually skim, but I use whole milk in my coffee.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But lookout! Here comes oat milk! It's new and different, not like that tired Soy shit that your parents drink or that almond milk that everyone thinks is so great.

Oat milk is new. Different. Special. You want to drink oat milk. You need to drink oat milk. Everyone else should, too. They don't know what they're missing.

Oat Milk's been around since the 90s though.

Just drink the soy milk found in Asian markets. That shit is bomb as fuck

Love that stuff but it's not exactly a milk substitute.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I love whole milk so much. It's the second best/most consumed beverage after water for me and I know it's bad and I would be open to something else, but all these "alternatives" taste absolutely revolting to me.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is oat milk relatively new or something? I feel like I've gone from never even knowing it existed to seeing people talk about it all the time in the past few months.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah cuz it's better.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Oat Milk is without a doubt the best alternative milk in taste, texture and how good it is for the planet.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, sure, almond milk isn't super sustainable, it's got bee issues, whatever. But when you put that next to dairy farming, which when it comes to the sheer scale of its ecological weight is pretty incomparable, that seems kind of trite.

Always strive for improvement and all that but one of those milks is not like the other.

Nov 17, 2017
Hmmm, I don't think they sell oat milk where I buy my food. It's either dairy, almond or soy. I dislike soy and I'm lactose intolerant so I drink Almond. I guess I'll switch to oat if it's affordable and tastes as good as everyone here is hyping it up as. I wonder if there won't be some horrible environmental effect oat milk causes too. Milk seems cursed.