• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
I was waiting for this clowns inevitable arrest. All over social media bragging about her haters smh.

Threw away her life of luxury for TRUMP. What a fucking L.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Even if she did get a pardon her career is over at this point. Her name is out there as a traitor.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Even if trump decided to pardon everyone they haven't actually been convicted so they can't be pardoned yet, right?

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
bdd.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Them: Pwease Mr. Trump. Pwease save me. I'm scawed. I'll do anything fow you. Pwease hewp.
Trump: Anything?
Them: Anything for you, Mr. Trump. :3
Trump: Then perish.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
If he pardons them, he's admitting he invited them to attack the capitol.
Yeah that is what I also think it would signal. It would be a pretty damn response when Republicans try the "was anyone actually instructed by Trump to storm the capitol?" talking point. Why he felt compelled to pardon the insurrectionists? (They would say either "to heal" or "these ones were the peaceful ones in that mob"). But would be a good point to make by the Dems if he went ahead and pardoned those insurrectionists.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Will be interesting to see if Dems are willing to take the unusual step of "removing a President" even after he's gone. I feel like caving on this and instead talking about "healing the wounds" or something would be a very Democratic Party thing to do.

Except at this point it's not about "removing a President" even after he's gone. A Senate conviction would allow Dems to prevent him from ever holding political office in the US ever again, which means he ain't running again in 2024 - which would be a literal dream come true for Dems.

Schumer and the other Dems in the Senate are absolutely *not* going to pass up this opportunity. The only remaining factor at this point is whether or not McConnell can convince enough Republicans to go along with it.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this can be used in the sentencing part of her trial to help demonstrate she shows no remorse and accepts no responsibility for her crimes, and needs the damn book thrown at her.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I thought I heard that if he pardons them, he opens himself to a lot of shit. I'm sure the Senate would return a conviction in his impeachment.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
'Trump should do the "honourable thing and pardon those of his peaceful followers who accepted the president's invitation".'

Trump admitting incitement would be 👌👌

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I can't stress enough how this idea is simply insane to me. The President of the United State of America can give complete legal immunity to someone(s) for a crime(s), past, present, or future.
I agree. It's ridiculous that presidential pardons are even possible. The United States treats their president like a king.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I mean lawsuits suing for monetary compensation from the families of those who died and injured in the insurrection against Trump is coming and if he pardons them it can be used as evidence against him. If there is one thing Trump cares about is money. He'll pardon his friends, family and himself but he won't give a single pardon to these idiots because he doesn't care about them.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
So, if Trump is impeached or even prosecuted for inciting insurrection, any pardon he gives over this BS would be deemed invalid, right? It can't be legal for the president to tell people to break the law and then pardon them in a democracy.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Privilege is thinking you can invert the sentence "this is illegal so I won't do it" into "I did this, so it is legal."

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, if Trump is impeached or even prosecuted for inciting insurrection, any pardon he gives over this BS would be deemed invalid, right? It can't be legal for the president to tell people to break the law and then pardon them in a democracy.

I doubt there's any precedent for reversing a presidential pardon. It might add to his legal problems once he leaves the White House but, like, there's some real "I'm already in prison so what are they gonna do, throw me in prison?" vibes there. He's already going to lose everything and possibly spend the rest of his life in prison, so there isn't much more they can do to him for pardoning everyone that attempted the coup on his orders.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I doubt there's any precedent for reversing a presidential pardon. It might add to his legal problems once he leaves the White House but, like, there's some real "I'm already in prison so what are they gonna do, throw me in prison?" vibes there. He's already going to lose everything and possibly spend the rest of his life in prison, so there isn't much more they can do to him for pardoning everyone that attempted the coup on his orders.

They do need to put the, away, those fuckers are the type that go join a militia and kill people

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Right, I'm not wondering what'll happen to him but whether there would be a legal mechanism to reverse that pardon, even without precedent (this would have to create a precedent).

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Of course these traitorous asshole would be for a pardon.That's probably what went through their swiss cheese brain when the stormed the capitol "don't worry, trump will pardon us! We can cause as much chaos as we want."