• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

'I’m facing a prison sentence': US Capitol rioters plead with Trump for pardons | US Capitol attack | The Guardian

Arrested Trump supporters say they were ‘listening’ to the president
Jenna Ryan, a Texas real estate broker who took a private jet to Washington to join the attack on the US Capitol, has pleaded with Donald Trump to pardon her after she was arrested by federal authorities.

After surrendering to the FBI on Friday, Ryan said: "We all deserve a pardon."

"I'm facing a prison sentence," she told CBS11 at her home. "I think I do not deserve that."

Turning to look into the camera, she said: "I would ask the president of the United States to give me a pardon."
Trump has largely used the presidential pardon power to benefit political allies. Ryan is the latest person to request a pardon over the Capitol attack.

A lawyer for Jacob Chansley, an Arizona man who wore horns, animal skin and face paint while carrying a spear and entering the Senate chamber, said Trump should do the "honourable thing and pardon those of his peaceful followers who accepted the president's invitation".

Albert Watkins said his client had no criminal history and was an "active practitioner of yoga". He also mentioned Chansley's diet, which has caused him to reject non-organic meals in federal custody.

Chansley faces six federal charges. On Friday, a judge ordered him held without bail.
d5a1054d9f87e586bd4cf70d3ad74f15.gif

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lulz. They actually think he even cares who they are? He only pardons his friends, the people that did him illegal favours knowing he'd bail them out later, because then they'd owe him. Why would he ever pardon nobodies that can't offer him anything later?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Trump is on the narrative that what happened was horrible and the perpetrators should be punished but absolutely none of it was his fault. He'd blow up his whole argument if he pardoned these people.

It's Trump so you never know but yeah.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Trump pardons them so the FBI can charge them with another one of the numerous crimes committed that day

grand

Oct 25, 2017
You know your legal case is screwed when your best strategy is to beg for a pardon

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
I thought it was only antifa that went in and started wilding?

Why would he pardon a bunch aunt Tifa's? They aren't Patriots

Oct 28, 2017
Trump doesn't want them on his properties, what makes them think he actually gives a shit if they go to prison. You've been had assholes.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Please correct me on this, if I'm wrong, but doesn't someone have to convicted of a crime first before they can be pardoned? This is what primarily confuses me about the commentary of the 45th pardoning himself.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah let's ask the guy who let his administration execute 13 people in the shortest amount of time since... ever. I mean I know they are desperate, but surely they can see that he has just totally checked out of anything resembling presidential responsibility; they need to be asking Pence. True, he can't do anything to help them either but honestly? A better chance there, ah well.

Not the best and brightest, this lot.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
LMFAO. You're the ones who listened to him in the first place & now you're expecting him to bail you out?

Trump doesn't give a shit about you or anyone else but himself & would only give out pardons to people who aren't rich if something benefits him politically. You're nothing but pawns to him.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought they said it was antifa who attacked. Are you saying it was Trump supporters?!/s

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
LMFAO. You're the ones who listened to him in the first place & now you're expecting him to bail you out?

Trump doesn't give a shit about you or anyone else but himself & would only give out pardons to people who aren't rich if it works to his own benefit politically.
He hasn't even pardoned his own family yet and they think he will save them lmao

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Please correct me on this, if I'm wrong, but doesn't someone have to convicted of a crime first before they can be pardoned? This is what primarily confuses me about the commentary of the 45th pardoning himself.

Yeah, that's not right. Nixon was pardoned by Ford pre-emptively for crimes he hadn't been charged with yet. I don't think it's ever been tested in court, but that's the current interpretation of pardoning power. It's the actual act of pardoning oneself itself that is unprecedented, and would be challenged and probably not allowed.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. There are almost no limits to the presidential pardon. It can be used to pardon somebody for all crimes or a group of people for certain crimes.

For example, Presidents (prior to Trump) regularly granted amnesty to large groups of illegal immigrants.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Your insurrection was too 'low class' for the Donald, I'm afraid.