• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
you know what I like?

first of all, no boring mini games like yoga. keep tennis, bring back bowling, or hell bring in baseball.

secondly, and this is something that appears on my list again and again, make earning money actually mean something. Let us buy safehouses, let us invest in a drug empire, stuff like that.

lastly, keep the number of protagonists to two with one inheriting the others minigames if one does die in the story.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I expect a police system where they don't instantly know you killed somebody in a remote location with a silenced weapon. Then I can go on my murder sprees in peace.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive that GTA V ran on PS3/360 technology, but I do think it shows. You get the sense of it with a less impressive implementation of Euphoria or car deformation than in GTA IV - they had to pick their battles.

GTA VI as a 'sequel' to Red Dead Redemption 2 is what I find exciting.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
GTAIV underrated? The citizen Kane of gaming?
It got great reviews from gaming media at the time of release but I agree it has become an underrated title by the gaming community (including the same media that gave it great reviews just a few years ago). It's not uncommon for people to flat out say silly stuff like "GTA 4 sucks." It might not have aged great but it set the standard for open world games and was an influential title for how to model modern cityscapes and how to tell a story in an open world game. I'm someone who skipped out on the PS2 GTA games and I tried to go back to them after finishing GTA 4 and I have to say that I think many gamers discount the advances that GTA4 made to the series and the genre. I couldn't even bring myself to make any significant progress in the old games because of how dated the world and gameplay felt.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Immortals released 2020 is one of if not the best open world games. Most definitely better than GPS simulator GTA5.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
0oIa9KR.gif

That would be cool, modern graphics and engine set in another decade. Or even if it was the 60's or 70s. if its gonna be set in modern times then I would kinda prefer another country. Overall I am super hyped for whatever its gonna be. Shits gonna blow minds. Just look at what they did with RDR2.

This image was so clean I had to double take it.

A neon Gta with modern lighting could be cool again.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My most anticipated release of all time is 6, 5 blew me the fuck away and I still come back to it yearly due to how stale every other open world title is in comparison

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm concerned they will try to make the world too big. The thing about Liberty City and Los Santos in IV and V respectively was that they were characters in the game just as much as the actual characters if not moreso.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to Vice City, preferably in the modern day. In fact, you could just go straight up South Florida.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
So bring back the stuff like what you eat impacts you're character, going to the gym let's you get stronger, etc. it doesn't need to be a survival game or anything. But I think having a "life sim" aspect to it again would give it that nice extra layer.
Please no. I really hated this crap and it kept me from ever finishing GTA:SA.

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
GTA 4 still looks ok

Jokes aside GTA 6 should at least look amazing I'm just worried they will try to roll the campaign into online mode because of all the money that brings in and we wont get much advances with the world interactivity and simulation.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I'm worried about GTA VI, actually. I'm not a fan of the direction that Rockstar has taken. I'm not really interested in the online aspects of the game, and to me RDR2 was a disappointment. It was an impressive game but I honestly didn't think that it was very fun to play. Fun to look at? Decent story? Sure. But a lot of the things that people say makes the game more immersive or realistic just weren't all that fun for me.

E-bite

Oct 24, 2018
I expect a drastic change in design approach after the incredible character/world interaction system in RDR2. RDR2 was the best rockstar game and the best open world in a game, ever imo.

Oct 30, 2017
They raised the standards waaaaay too high with the masterpieces that is RDR2.

I expect them to do the same for GTA specially it's their biggest IP ever.

Hope for 2022, but maybe we will have to wait till the 10th anniversary of GTAV in 2023.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Better driving physics like GTAIV

It's funny because damned if you do, damned if you don't. Lots of people hated the why cars handled in GTAIV. So they went with a more arcade-like feel for the cars in V and then you had people who hated that.

I'm okay with either but I did love the way the cars crumpled and reacted to damage in IV.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
I am expecting them to take the coke-fueled 80s to the max. It's probably going to be vice city and pushed incredibly hard in pop culture, fashion, neon lights, music call my fantasy. As well realized a world as GTAV is, Liberty City is too redundant to do. Vice City's escapism is the perfect venue for every way GTA has been refined

Its also the most nostalgically remembered GTA game. And I think a real plus would be them getting away from their modern poor satire/commentary and into more escapism, fun, and stylish crime. Hopefully along the way they also add more flexibility to missions, better side missions, more likable characters, and a more cohesive storyline

That's what my other predictions are not to expect it before 2024 at earliest

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like I'm in the minority, but I dont care the place it is set, just as long as its in modern times. Set in 80's would be disappointing to me.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
What I expect and what I want are two different things.

I had hoped that a lot of the jobs, story lines, and heists available in GTA Online would make it to the main game, but that didn't happen. You already have the crew system in the game, and scale the heists so that enemies aren't bullet sponges and it I think it would have worked well.

That is what I want. I'd like to have the ability to add to the game, even if it costs me money (I don't mind).

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
More "Open World Game" with a lot personalised for main character than a TPS Story Driven like GTAV.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like writing that's not immediately puerile.

Trevor's nonsense kept me from getting very far in GTA5. It's amazing that people celebrate the writing and the storytelling in that game but then say they hate DmC because "everything they say is stupid".

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I agree, I still think GTA 5 is one of the best games ever made. (Not talking about the online mode because I don't play it).

Considering how long it's been taking to release a new GTA, though.... I would expect it to release at the end of this generation. I expect it to revolutionize open-world games again.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I'm expecting a strong focus on blending the online player elements in the open world environment (disabled for active missions) and potentially incorporating a time passage theme (taking the player through the different eras of the city).

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
I've been spoiled playing AC and climbing on pretty much every building around. Not sure how achievable this would be in a GTA game without breaking immersion, but I'd love to see more climbing mechanics implemented to help diversify the gameplay.

I think the greatest differentiator could possibly be story-driven. Open world sandbox games still somewhat struggle with keeping a tight and engaging narrative alongside open world sandbox mechanics, so the next GTA may be able to innovate in that regard.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly is. Rockstar's been on top since GTA 3 in 2001. I was hoping CDPR might unseat them, but they didn't quite hit the mark as far as the open-world is concerned in 2077.

I'm not quite sure what to think about a potential GTA VI, though. After the difficult development of RDR 2, the continued success of GTA Online. and the departure of Dan Houser, part of me wonders if the days of large scale single-player games from Rockstar are a thing of the past.

I guess there's a decent chance that GTA VI is already too far along to be effected by the recent company turmoil and changes, but I do think stuff like GTA Online could be Rockstar's focus going forward.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am a believer that GTA4 was more nextgen than GTA5, I enjoyed 5 a lot but i really love GTA4. Hopefully they do some remaster for that while we wait for 6.

And I really want 6 to be miami vice city and a chain of islands including Cuba.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
The one issue I had with RDR2 was its rigid mission design. I got used to it but there's one open world game this year that completely nailed that aspect (CP2077). Being able to tackle missions in the way your character would approach them, without it feeling like you're cheesing or breaking the game, is just so satisfying.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I've beaten GTA5 no less than 3 or 4 times, so it's a game I really enjoy. But it's also not a game I remember blowing me away in terms of the "living, breathing" aspect of its city. If no open world game in 2020 can compete with it, then that feels like more of an indictment of those games than anything else.

I like GTA more than many other games because of the dialogue, the car handling, and the city design. Not because it necessarily feels more alive or organic than those found in other games.