• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
https://www.polygon.com/deals/2018/12/19/18147007/grand-theft-auto-5-amazon-twitch-prime-dotd

Since its release in 2013, Grand Theft Auto 5 has sold more than 90 million copies, making it one of the bestselling media releases ever. The success is in large part thanks to the multiplayer mode, Grand Theft Auto Online, which is still drawing in players some five years after the game was released.

Today only, Amazon is discounting Grand Theft Auto 5 by $15, bringing the price down to $14.99. That deal applies to both the physical and digital versions of Grand Theft Auto 5 on Xbox One, and only the physical version on PlayStation 4. GTA 5 has recently been on sale for $20, but $15 is the lowest we've seen the game at Amazon since its release.

Twitch Prime members, though, can get the full price of the game refunded by Amazon via an email credit. Amazon is throwing in a $15 credit that can be used on anything sold by Amazon. A code will be sent to your inbox after your order ships.

Twitch Prime is free with an Amazon Prime membership; you just need to link a Twitch account to your Amazon account. In addition to periodic promotions like this one and all of the benefits of Amazon Prime, Twitch Prime includes in-game loot and a free channel subscription every month.

If you're giving a PS4 or Xbox One for the holidays this year, or just got a new console during Black Friday, Grand Theft Auto 5 is a great add-on. No one has to know you got it for basically nothing.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Terms and Conditions
• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 19, 2018.
• Offer is limited to the following versions of Grand Theft Auto V:
o PlayStation 4 standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard digital code edition
• Offer only applies to Grand Theft Auto V sold on Amazon.com by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product or content detail page). Products and digital content sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
• Limited quantity available.
• Offer is limited to U.S. only.
• Offer limited to one per customer and account.
• Offer may not be combined with other offers.
• The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
• This offer is available to Twitch Prime members only.
• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
• Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) January 31, 2019.
• Promotional credit only applies to all Amazon items shipped and sold via Amazon.com
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

OP
OP
Wrellie

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
I went ahead and ordered it digital on Xbox One since that's the version I didn't already have. Any issues, I'll update thread. I shop so much on Amazon, getting $15 credit for $15 is essentially free for me. Mod can edit title if they want.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm glad I never double dipped on console versions. I was good with my memory of the last-gen launch experience for the past 5 years, but I'll dabble in a current-gen version for "free".

OP
OP
Wrellie

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Of those terms & conditions, these 3 seem most relevant.

You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
• Promotional credit only applies to all Amazon items shipped and sold via Amazon.com

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Updated Thread Title

This is definitely a legit deal, a rare console one for Twitch Prime members. No way this lasts very long, if you're on the fence/worried, get the digital version as that's instant. Code comes in a week.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to play GTA 5 on consoles again until Rockstar can buck up and enhance it for the X and Pro. Ridiculous that it's the best selling game of the gen yet they can't even be bothered to put the effort in. I'll just play it on PC next time I feel like playing it.

OP
OP
Wrellie

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Updated Thread Title

This is definitely a legit deal, a rare console one for Twitch Prime members. No way this lasts very long, if you're on the fence/worried, get the digital version as that's instant. Code comes in a week.

Yeah, I can't imagine this lasting all day long. I just assumed it was for PC when I saw it because there's no way it's console (especially digital). Good Twitch Prime benefit.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Terms and Conditions
• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 19, 2018.
• Offer is limited to the following versions of Grand Theft Auto V:
o PlayStation 4 standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard physical edition
o Xbox One standard digital code edition
• Offer only applies to Grand Theft Auto V sold on Amazon.com by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product or content detail page). Products and digital content sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
• Limited quantity available.
• Offer is limited to U.S. only.
• Offer limited to one per customer and account.
• Offer may not be combined with other offers.
• The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
• This offer is available to Twitch Prime members only.
• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within a week after product has shipped that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

This is the best. This version won't sell out.
To bad the deal is US only.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
I spend so much money on Amazon that there's no way I won't use the promotional credit. The only real cost is shipping since I dipped on the PS4 physical version (which means that I can just resell it if worse comes to worst).

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
already own a ps4 digital copy so might as well buy the xb1 physical because i figure i can get a more dollars selling that since everyone is getting the digital

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't see any mention of the promo once you click through to the product page, are we sure the digital version gets a discount (odd that it would only be xbox digital)

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I don't see any mention of the promo once you click through to the product page, are we sure the digital version gets a discount (odd that it would only be xbox digital)
Probably because there is no Ps4 digital version on Amazon.

This is the best. This version won't sell out.
To bad the deal is US only.
Heh, Xbox One digital already sold out.
This post didn't age well ^^

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Thanks for heads up. I got a physical PS4 copy. With the black Friday Spiderman bundle and now this, that's 2 games for essentially free to start my library.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Updated thread title again and added links to physical versions in OP