• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Oooh, the GR Yaris. Been interested in that one, can't wait to check it out in GT Sport.

Hope a proper GR Corolla is coming soon from Toyota too, the newest Corolla hatchback looks great.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Set GT Sport to Performance mode.
After quick googling, It seems I need to put Ps4 to 1080p output to be able to select it.
Will try sometime.

Hopefully they will allow us to unlock the framerate in resolution mode for Ps5 BC. (Would be nice for Ps4pro as well, just to see the unlocked performance.)

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
After quick googling, It seems I need to put Ps4 to 1080p output to be able to select it.
Will try sometime.

Hopefully they will allow us to unlock the framerate in resolution mode for Ps5 BC. (Would be nice for Ps4pro as well, just to see the unlocked performance.)

Yeah an update would be ace. Maybe it will be silently added to the update this week.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Will try sometime.

Given the sequel has already been announced and should basically supercede GT Sport, I could see GTS remain unpatched on the PS5.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
For you know, last year in the Wired interview, they played a version of GT Sport with haptic feedback and adaptative triggers to get a taste of DualSense. Maybe the patch is coming too.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
They used GT Sport to show off some of the Dual Sense features back in the day, so would be great to see those in an update. Who knows though.

The car for this is coming with a global time trial as well:

Do you believe PD might use a PS5 optimized GT Sports to test some GT7 features in advance, like, how to best implement Dual Sense features?

To be clear, I don't expect a proper GT Sports PS5 Next-gen patch, just some kind of boost patch like quite a lot of other games already got.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you believe PD might use a PS5 optimized GT Sports to test some GT7 features in advance, like, how to best implement Dual Sense features?

To be clear, I don't expect a proper GT Sports PS5 Next-gen patch, just some kind of boost patch like quite a lot of other games already got.
Honestly, no idea, they showed it in the same way they used Spider-Man to show the SSD. I don't expect huge amounts of updates though, GTS runs at 60 and has a pretty high resolution as is, so most improvements should be in loading I guess, maybe we get control improvements, would be cool as a preview for GT7.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Honestly, no idea, they showed it in the same way they used Spider-Man to show the SSD. I don't expect huge amounts of updates though, GTS runs at 60 and has a pretty high resolution as is, so most improvements should be in loading I guess, maybe we get control improvements, would be cool as a preview for GT7.

Oh yes, quite excited to know if they can make full use of the haptics and adaptive triggers on the DS.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Just seen in the PS5 no limits launch trailer. GT7 is scheduled for first half of 2021, thus I wouldn't expect a big patch for GTS. It'll probably be unlocking the framerate for BC, if anything at all imo.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just seen in the PS5 no limits launch trailer. GT7 is scheduled for first half of 2021, thus I wouldn't expect a big patch for GTS. It'll probably be unlocking the framerate for BC, if anything at all imo.

While this take definitely makes the most sense, am I crazy for thinking that releasing a patch would be good publicity for the next release?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

That would be cool with the new PS5 controller features. Not sure how easy that would be to implement.