• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
...which is massive in my book hence the new thread. Seems like the delay was very much worth the wait.

wt5-tokyo-nations-spawet001.jpg

How sumptuous is that!

I still hope Spa-Francorchamps comes in this weeks update along with this variant. Wet conditions are wonderful to race on.

Regardless, bravo Kaz.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Kaz said Spa is coming in this week's update.

"Spa I think will probably be playable next week."

I don't think we'll see this rain coming out until next month's update though, there's usually a delay in them for polishing up stuff after they're shown at the events.

"The level we can use these tracks at the World Tour — at these events only — as opposed to something that will be released on a consumer level is very different. There is a process in between where we have to get down and check and double-check the quality."

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
They already showed Spa last month, it's fair to say it'll come next week. Hopefully with rain as well

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rain tracks look breathtaking in GT Sport, the rainy Tokyo track blows my mind every time, Spa will do the same!

Oct 27, 2017
I love the game but I have no idea if I'm playing it right. Haven't tried online features and have just been playing thru beginner and the level above that in campaign mode.

how do you guys recommend I approach the content?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game but I have no idea if I'm playing it right. Haven't tried online features and have just been playing thru beginner and the level above that in campaign mode.

how do you guys recommend I approach the content?

Driving school is great, and the (forgot name) mode that lets you learn/master each circuit.

Yeah, do the Driving School and Circuit Experience. Then go online.

For single player stuff I mostly do custom races and time trials instead of the GT League stuff.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Lovely that the track is in the game. Bit underwhelmed by some of the replay camera work though, there's no really good angle of the cars coming up Eau Rouge.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Great update, at last Spa!

By the way, is it me or does the game stutters a bit more than usual since recent updates?
I'm playing on a Pro and noticing some annoying skipping frames especially when there's a lot of cars in corners.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017

There's a bug that lets you add rain to any track. Sort of.

Set up a lobby @ Spa at 11:00 with rain (whatever rules or car). Now change ONLY the track to another one, don't change anything else. Northern Isle Speedway has wet reflective surfaces but none of others do, which is probably where all the work is going. Tokyo Expressway South is partly done.

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I believe they will add rain to all tracks from now on, probably one track per month.

Rain + Night on Le Mans and Spa would be awesome. We definitely need more real tracks at night.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
What is with GT Sport. The patch is downloaded in no time, but that copying process takes forever, like 45mins.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I believe they will add rain to all tracks from now on, probably one track per month.

Rain + Night on Le Mans and Spa would be awesome. We definitely need more real tracks at night.
Tokyo South is the closest to being complete. There's some bugs when you're in the tunnels but otherwise I bet it's next on the update list.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Great update, at last Spa!

By the way, is it me or does the game stutters a bit more than usual since recent updates?
I'm playing on a Pro and noticing some annoying skipping frames especially when there's a lot of cars in corners.

I've seen the same enough that I thought there was an issue with my Remote Play setup. I triple-checked on my main display, and confirmed it each time. The game has some issues in its current state, and this is across basically every track/mode combo I tested with opponent cars.

Also PS4 Pro, btw

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Spa is super awesome on PSVR. Really a great experience. Sadly, it also illustrates all the drawbacks of GT Sport's VR mode (no rain, no real competitors, limited number of starting times, etc.).

PS5 can't come soon enough (if Gran Tourismo's next instalment goes full VR this time).

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
What is with GT Sport. The patch is downloaded in no time, but that copying process takes forever, like 45mins.

Does this happen regardless of where you have the game installed? I had assumed I was running into it because I had the game on my internal HDD, and my downloads now default to an external drive. I honestly don't know, but I was assuming the long waits were related to that setup.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Does this happen regardless of where you have the game installed? I had assumed I was running into it because I had the game on my internal HDD, and my downloads now default to an external drive. I honestly don't know, but I was assuming the long waits were related to that setup.

I have mine digitally on my PS4 Pro ( not external hard drive) and it may not be 45mins as I said, it's around 30 mins, which is still way too long. But I do remember times where it's even longer.