• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Time of day changes and rain is a must have in any sim racer.

Never expected them to change their lighting solution for GTS so tod was always out of the question. If rain doesn't come out in an update this year though then I give up.
To be honest I wouldn't expect anymore real time TOD and weather in GT Sport on the PS4.

For the lighting Polyphony choose the pre-baked ray tracing method and obviously they are not happy with the performance with the weather on PS4. If I remember correctly Yamauchi hinted on that in an interview a few months ago.

For sure I am expecting weather on the PS5 version. About the lighting maybe the will add higher quality (even with ray tracing) reflections if the 8K tech demo is any indication. I don't know if they choose to change the whole lighting system to real time on PS5. We will see.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
They also mimic pit stops in the game where tires wear off faster than in reality as well as fuel reduction. This is a non issue.
Yes and it can be set to normal. Those are also ridiculous features. It's good for those who want options but I think we can all agree that dynamic weather is more important than time.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes and it can be set to normal. Those are also ridiculous features. It's good for those who want options but I think we can all agree that dynamic weather is more important than time.
I don't agree. These are not ridiculous features to me and tod is as important as weather, in my opinion. But both features won't come out anyway it seems, sadly, so what it does it matter in the end...

OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
1rskbg.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88
26qkid.jpg

Renault R8 Gordini '66
3jzj1r.jpg

Honda Fit Hybrid '14
4a4kf9.jpg

Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro '03
5ruj9c.jpg

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
We are not getting new features to the game guys, it's been over a year now, if it were to happen it would have already happened. It's sad because I really expected rain to come to the game at some point.

Anyway, I cant update my game since November (defective PS4), so when my new console comes this week (hopefully) I will have quite a lot to catch up.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I suck at drifting but it had to be done!

1.38 Update details

An update has been released for Gran Turismo Sport.
The contents of the update are as follows:

1. Cars
- The following 5 new cars have been added.
・Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro '03
・Honda Fit Hybrid '14
・Porsche 962 C '88
・Renault R8 Gordini '66
・Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83

2.Tracks
- Optimizations have been performed on some of the already included tracks

3.Campaign
- The following events have been added to "GT League":
・Compétition de France Rounds 6 and 7
・Tourist Trophy Rounds 4 and 5
・Group 1 Cup Rounds 4 and 5

4.Scapes
- Added Embrace the natural beauty of Oceania in the specially featured section.

5.Brand Central
- Renault has been added to the European Region

6.Physics Simulation
- The operation of the DRS (Drag Reduction System) has been changed from full auto to manual overtake button operation in the following cars (*1)
・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
・Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car '16
※1:The DRS does not operate all the time when the overtake button is activated, with the operational parameters differing for each car model.

- In the following car models, we have corrected an issue where the overtake feature does not operate properly after the battery is exhausted.
・NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
・Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo

- In the following cars, the overtake feature now only operates when at full throttle(*2)。
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
・TOYOTA FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
・Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
*2: The system only operates when there is charge remaining in the battery.

7.Sport Mode
- The Global Manufacturer Ranking has been added to the race entry details of the FIA Gran Turismo Championship Manufacturer Series. The rankings will consist of Global Manufacturer Ranking, Europe/Middle East/Africa region, North American region, Central and South Americas region, Asia region, and Oceania region, and manufacturer points will be totaled automatically for each.

8.Lobby
- We have corrected an issue where the Dallara SF19 Super Formula could not make a race entry when the [Settings] option of the Regulations is set to [Prohibited], or when a room with [Settings] set to [Prohibited] is loaded.

9.Online Races
- We have corrected an issue where opponents' cars were still colliding when they are semi-transparent.

10.Livery Editor
- We have changed the settings so that the tire stickers on the Dallara SF19 Super Formula can be changed. In addition to the standard sticker, it is possible to select from 6 tire brands. (In the 6 types, there is also a setting for no sticker label)

11.Time Trial
- Added a [Ghost Setting] to allow the switching of the ghost display in the quick menu. It is possible to individually turn on or off the loaded ghost and your own ghost with the best time.

12.Sound
- Environmental sounds have been adjusted on many of the tracks. Depending on the selected hour in [Select Conditions], some of the environmental sounds may change.
- Adjusted the engine sound of the Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
- Corrected an issue where the music tracks would not shuffle correctly.

13.My Profile
- Corrected an issue where the milestone would not be completed even when the campaign mode achievement is at 100%.

Other minor corrections and stability improvements have been performed.

Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Love this game, but lately there has been one song in the built-in soundtrack that has really started to annoy me. It sounds like some teenager having a meltdown because someone stopped loving them, the dude keeps bleating "If you don't love me, don't love anybody..." or something like that. Really grating. I hope that one track shuffle fix prevents this track from being played as often as it does.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
Polyphony apparently have mastered controller control a long time ago while everyone else seems wholly unable to make it work (looking at you Project Cars and even the F1 games from Codemasters that limits your reaction time on controller, presumably to help people who can't finely control the analogue sticks).

Polyphony has it mastered and the game can be played at a high level on controller if you have decent precision.
This is so true. It's a joy to play with a pad while I really hoped to enjoy Project Cars but the handling with a pad is awful.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

I suck at drifting but it had to be done!

1.38 Update details

An update has been released for Gran Turismo Sport.
The contents of the update are as follows:

1. Cars
- The following 5 new cars have been added.
・Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro '03
・Honda Fit Hybrid '14
・Porsche 962 C '88
・Renault R8 Gordini '66
・Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83

2.Tracks
- Optimizations have been performed on some of the already included tracks

3.Campaign
- The following events have been added to "GT League":
・Compétition de France Rounds 6 and 7
・Tourist Trophy Rounds 4 and 5
・Group 1 Cup Rounds 4 and 5

4.Scapes
- Added Embrace the natural beauty of Oceania in the specially featured section.

5.Brand Central
- Renault has been added to the European Region

6.Physics Simulation
- The operation of the DRS (Drag Reduction System) has been changed from full auto to manual overtake button operation in the following cars (*1)
・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
・Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car '16
※1:The DRS does not operate all the time when the overtake button is activated, with the operational parameters differing for each car model.

- In the following car models, we have corrected an issue where the overtake feature does not operate properly after the battery is exhausted.

- In the following cars, the overtake feature now only operates when at full throttle(*2)。
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
・TOYOTA FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
・Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
*2: The system only operates when there is charge remaining in the battery.

7.Sport Mode
- The Global Manufacturer Ranking has been added to the race entry details of the FIA Gran Turismo Championship Manufacturer Series. The rankings will consist of Global Manufacturer Ranking, Europe/Middle East/Africa region, North American region, Central and South Americas region, Asia region, and Oceania region, and manufacturer points will be totaled automatically for each.

8.Lobby
- We have corrected an issue where the Dallara SF19 Super Formula could not make a race entry when the [Settings] option of the Regulations is set to [Prohibited], or when a room with [Settings] set to [Prohibited] is loaded.

9.Online Races
- We have corrected an issue where opponents' cars were still colliding when they are semi-transparent.

10.Livery Editor
- We have changed the settings so that the tire stickers on the Dallara SF19 Super Formula can be changed. In addition to the standard sticker, it is possible to select from 6 tire brands. (In the 6 types, there is also a setting for no sticker label)

11.Time Trial
- Added a [Ghost Setting] to allow the switching of the ghost display in the quick menu. It is possible to individually turn on or off the loaded ghost and your own ghost with the best time.

12.Sound
- Environmental sounds have been adjusted on many of the tracks. Depending on the selected hour in [Select Conditions], some of the environmental sounds may change.
- Adjusted the engine sound of the Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
- Corrected an issue where the music tracks would not shuffle correctly.

13.My Profile
- Corrected an issue where the milestone would not be completed even when the campaign mode achievement is at 100%.

Other minor corrections and stability improvements have been performed.

Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport.

About fucking time with the music shuffling. I had to shut off race music because I got sick and tired of hearing Dis Generation....

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I just have used Spotify with older Gran Turismo songs and other racing game songs I remembered in a playlist. It's pretty great.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still need to tune the AE86 a bit, but the short time I had drifting it on Tsukuba was fun.

I remember Dai Yoshihara posting on his Instagram a while back that the team at Polyphony were working on redoing the drifting physics. Curious to see when that will all be ready.