• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Has there been a conference where a company has shown absolutely everything it is doing?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
"We haven't shown you everything. We still got game announcements and reveals coming soon"
"We also haven't shown our full hand. We still got surprises in the bag"
"Your consoles are launching tomorrow and you still haven't told us the price!"

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
There will most likely be an XO20, so that makes sense.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Nobody wants to reveal all their cards uh? Price, games, features...
This was hilarious at first, but it's getting tiring now.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Has there been a conference where a company has shown absolutely everything it is doing?

Obviously not, but in this case the newsworthy part is that they would hold stuff back for later THIS YEAR.

Sony and Microsoft would never be dumb enough to just clear the cupboards and announce everything they are planning to release over the next three years. Would make for "the best show ever", followed by several years of bad shows with no new announcements, haha.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
"We haven't shown you everything. We still got game announcements and reveals coming soon"
"We also haven't shown our full hand. We still got surprises in the bag"
"Your consoles are launching tomorrow and you still haven't told us the price!"

LOL but seriously though. This prolonged reveal isn't like a major problem or anything but it would be nice to at least have the price.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I wonder if they're going to double down on showcasing 2020 releases, and leave the announcements of bigger 2021 games for post launch. Focus on what's playable this year, countering Sony's more forward-looking showcase.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
I wouldn't worry to much about them holding some stuff back, I'd still very much expect all the big big announcements to be on this show.

They know the whole industry will be watching.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Obviously not, but in this case the newsworthy part is that they would hold stuff back for later THIS YEAR.

Sony and Microsoft would never be dumb enough to just clear the cupboards and announce everything they are planning to release over the next three years. Would make for "the best show ever", followed by several years of bad shows with no new announcements, haha.
Well, it's kind of what Sony did in 2017.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hah. Tweet made me laugh on the Nintendo point. Should settle the guys in the Nintendo Direct thread... ;-)

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Show Halo, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Obsidian RPG and Fable.
Save Project Mara and The Initiative game, that would be the smartest choice IMO.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Damn this year is going to be a stream of disappointing events that only going to look good when we have the full year picture, right?

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft has been keeping their powder dry for literally years now. It's time to go all out.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I like this war of attrition, they both know stakes are high.

That being said, the lack of a proper, full-blown next-gen event does put a significant damper on my excitement. Like, I'm nowhere near as excited for the upcoming gen as I was for this current one.

At E3 2013, I was at peak hype. I hope when both companies announce pre-orders, that it feels like their most significant news drop. That's the moment where I want them to blow me away.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I fully expect people in both of these threads to react equally to the news relating to each console maker.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Makes sense for both companies. They want a steady stream of news and reveals leading up to the launch of the console.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah of course? I doubt Sony showed everything in their showcase either.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda been thinking that they'll hold off on unveiling The Initiatives new game until either X0 or the TGAs.

Sounds like they're going to have a lot to show this month regardless, so I'm cool with it.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Can't find the quote but Phil Spencer explicitely said he expect at least one new XGS games at each Xbox shows down the line. So I'm not too surprised about this.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
No company ever shows everything they have. Even games they reasonably could in that timeframe.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Platform Warring
so basically halo/gears/forza and a bunch of other games that'll also be on PS5?

are we gonna get a deep dive on a funko pop halo game?

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense for both companies. They want a steady stream of news and reveals leading up to the launch of the console.

Of course, it has the potential to backfire fairly spectacularly when both get to launch and every presentation they've made has been fairly underwhelming, and they're then expecting people to drop 500-600 on a console as COVID fucks the economy.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Damn this year is going to be a stream of disappointing events that only going to look good when we have the full year picture, right?

If you consider an event with Spider Man, GT7, Demons Souls, Horizon 2, Ratchet & Clank plus other 4 exclusive new IPs and 3P games as something disappointing then yes.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Gamescom ONL is August 27th. Geoff and Phil seem to enjoy collaborating on Xbox reveals so I'm expecting something there.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this and what was said about Sony goes without saying? Platform holders have been spreading out announcement over multiple events since the advent of these conferences.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
If you consider an event with Spider Man, GT7, Demons Souls, Horizon 2, Ratchet & Clank plus other 4 exclusive new IPs and 3P games as something disappinting then yes.

For launch expectations I'd say it's been disappointing, yes. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be hyped for outside of the spin off Spider Man in 2020.

I thought I'd be sold by the end of the PS5 event. And I might be, at some point in the future but not necessarily in this year.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see them announcing all their first party games they plan on releasing in first year at the event in two weeks and whatever event they have later in the year will show off stuff that's farther out.

I assume it was the same for Sony with the first party games they shown at their own things a couple weeks back.