• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
grounded-feature-board-august2020.jpg

Our goal from the start was to include the community in the development in Grounded, and with that, we want to be as transparent as possible with features we plan to work on. This feature board includes high-level details on plans for Grounded, and we would like to update it as we progress each month.

As a caveat, we are still in active development, and this board is subject to change based on your feedback, the state of development, what's best for the game, the unknown, and our future plans. Nothing is set in stone and features could be moved up, pushed back, or unfortunately removed.

Also, they want to keep some things secret (I hope entering the house is one of these)
Details on certain features may remain vague until we are more confident in the idea, and we want to keep a few things secret to keep your experience exciting and unexpected.

Grounded | Grounded Feature Board

Welcome to the Grounded Feature Board! Our goal from the start was to include the community in the development in Grounded, and with that, we want to be as transparent as possible with features we...

AUGUST UPDATE
MAIN FEATURES
  • Character Perks: First Pass (Mutations)
  • Bird Phase 1: Bird Added to Backyard
  • BURG.L Quest Type: Artificer
  • BURG.L Quest Type: Chipsleuth
  • New Ambient Creature: Water Flea
  • New Item: Marksman's Cap
FEATURES
  • Inventory Stack Management
  • Water Ripples
  • New Material: Feather
  • New Building: Tables (Clover and Grass)
  • New Building: Bed
  • New Building: Fences (Acorn and Sprig)
giphy.gif

COMING SOON (THESE ARE APPROXIMATELY A FEW MONTHS OFF)
MAIN FEATURES
  • New Building: Zipline
  • Koi Pond Environment
  • Equipped Items Don't Use Backpack Space
  • Hedge Environment
  • Password Protected Games
  • Friend Invites
  • New Hostile Creature: Mosquito
  • Localization: French, German, Italian, Spanish
  • New Neutral Creature: Bee
  • New Items: Water Themed Equipment
  • Additional Quality of Life Improvements
  • Signs / Stickers Base Decorations
  • Inventory Management Improvements
  • Additional Crafting Stations
  • Additional BURG.L Quest Types
  • Storage Management Improvements

PLANNED
MAIN FEATURES
  • New Creature: Firefly
  • New Creature: Roly Poly
  • Story: Act 1
  • Graphics Option Improvements
  • Full Completable Story
  • Insect Pets Phase 1: Aphids
  • Ant Pheromone Control
  • New Creature: Ant Queen
  • Sandbox Environment
  • Haze Environment
  • Localization: Additional Languages
  • Higher Tier Armor / Tools / Weapons
  • Additional Ant Hills
  • Insect Pet Enhancements
  • Bird Improvements / Additional Interactions

FOR THE FUTURE
MAIN FEATURES
  • Additional Backyard Environments
  • Additional Creatures and Insects
  • Weather
  • Backyard Changing Events
  • Additional Crafting Materials
  • Base Blueprints: Powered Buildings
  • More Control over World Options / Settings
  • Base Blueprints: Defenses
  • Base Blueprints: Framework for player generated gameplay
  • Base Blueprints: Higher Tier Structures
  • Base Blueprints: Decorations

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS (WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT)
MAIN FEATURES
  • Dedicated Server

Bees :)
giphy.gif

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beads?

This game is amazing and is only going to get better as time goes on. Can't wait to play with all these goodies!

Oct 24, 2019
How is this game, do you guys recommend it?

Not too hot on survival games in general, but the setting looks playful and intriguing

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it, but I'm really just interested in the story so I'll wait a bit to jump back in.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Not too hot on survival games in general, but the setting looks playful and intriguing

It's fun. Mechanics are solid, I usually just play solo tho. With that said, if you are planning on playing solo, wait a bit more so more of the story campaign can drop. Right now the campaign is probably ~1 hour long. Anyways, hope you end up enjoying it.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

It's Early Access, and all that comes with it... things are incomplete, a bit messy... but the germ of an idea is there. It's fun with multiple people to mess around with. You'll "play" the storyline in about 30 min, so you're going to have to make your own fun. Survival elements are there, but frankly can be ignored a bit.

My friends and I played last night and the updates seem interesting - but also totally fucked up our base with some changed terrain, and our base being on an ant spawn zone. So we had to abandon and rebuild everything. It was fun enough, but of our own creation. We determined we'll check in with the game every few months when there are updates so it doesn't get too stale based on the limited toolset we have now.

Also, those menus and systems need some big overhauls... unnecessarily complicated and confusing.

But there's something with this game that's fun.

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game is like a more accessible Rust and I love it. I imagine long term this game could get pretty crazy.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

I had a lot of fun with it so far though the amount of content is pretty light but hey that's early access. I don't really play survival games as well but this one is fun.

If you had interest in it try it on GP. I wouldn't say buy it just yet unless you don't mind the whole early access thing.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Would love it if we could get seasons. I know it doesn't make sense for bugs in snow but damn it, I want a frozen bond and snow covered stuff.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Hopefully those updates don't introduce a lot of

Bugs .....

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That looks like a very solid roadmap. It does also sound like the 1.0 release is further away than I expected.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Needs to have ants that you can travel on (like horseants)... to get to other places quicker.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier in the day. I'm torn on whether to keep playing now so that all the new stuff isn't overwhelming like in No Man's Sky or play the incremental version and risk burnout before all the good stuff is in like Minecraft. Wasn't the game supposed to officially release this year?

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
Saw this earlier in the day. I'm torn on whether to keep playing now so that all the new stuff isn't overwhelming like in No Man's Sky or play the incremental version and risk burnout before all the good stuff is in like Minecraft. Wasn't the game supposed to officially release this year?

According to the Steam page last February:

The current target for Grounded's full release is sometime in 2021.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

it has best in business base building (even though there needs to be more options and more will be coming)

the gameplay loop is a little rough right now, though. it's fun but it eventually gets a bit dry and you pretty much focus on just the base building at some point.