• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
The setting is really cool but I'm just not into this style of game. Glad they're getting to try new things I guess.

I'll give it a try with GamePass anyway.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Interesting. Looks like it could be a lot of fun, and it's nice to see Obsidian branching out too. Will no doubt give this a download on Game Pass to at least see what's up however it turns out, but got my fingers crossed.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
its a smaller team, one of many obsidian has, the instant outrage without an understanding of the surrounding details is irritating

I could understand this reaction. If I said something like "Wow Obsidian is garbage now" but I didn't. Still very much looking forward to their future output just not this one game.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
giphy.gif

Bahahaha. The perfect gif response for this game announcement.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Personally for me to get genuinely excited I need:

Bacteria, fungi and micro organisms.

More typical threats than ants and spiders.

More environments other than a backyard.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I could understand this reaction. If I said something like "Wow Obsidian is garbage now" but I didn't. Still very much looking forward to their future output just not this one game.
My statement (I may have quoted you) was really directed to those who said they are "done" with Obsidian and blaming MS for this game

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks fun, but I'm kind of a sucker for survival base building games. If I can play it offline, this is the sort of thing I could just lose myself in.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I have absolutely no interest in this but good luck to Obsidian, hope it finds its audience.

Feb 12, 2019
Not really into this sort of game, but as long as it means their other teams can eventually pump out another great RPG, I don't really care.
They are never going to make another isometric RPG after how badly Tyranny and Pillars II flopped, huh?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. What a deflating announcement.

Oh well. Zero interest personally, but hope it does well for Obsidian.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Where's the manly men shooting and killing things? Not like this Microsoft

Looks like a good game my SO and I could enjoy together.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a good side project, I assume XB/PC?

I think there was another game with this concept but man, this really fucked that game.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
EXPLORE (check)

CRAFT (check)

SURVIVE (check)

I knew that was coming.

Now that that's out of the way, this reminded me we still haven't seen Arkane's mulitplayer/non-immersive sim.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I see this as good for Microsoft who are looking to shore up their family-friendly games roster. Looks fun; not sure it's for me.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I might have been interested in checking it out but if all the enemies are giant bugs, I'm out.