• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the more the story progresses the harder it will be and you will start to be limited by resources and gear. I wouldn't be surprised if you could just bumrush the main story as it is now without having to worry about future planning, but for later story-related tasks if you don't have proper gear you'll just get annihilated.
Yep, as is the case with these kind of games you will be gated by resources. There may be lulls in the story to help you gather and survive

is this crossplay btw?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's a survival game. You want people to get to the mid game ASAP because that's where the most interesting content is. It'll get harder as it goes on, just like every other Survival Game.

Yeah sure, but this number just seems wrong, cause I think I'm also at that point in the "story" now and you did, literally, nothing till this point. That's a bit too fast.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Is this worth the asking price at the moment? I played a bit of the demo a few weeks ago and had a nice time, but not sure if I should wait for more content to come along or not.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are the Wolf Spiders always at the oak tree or is this just a story and or night thing? Thought about doing my first base there cause that could be pretty amazing.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
The ecosystem stuff is what excites me most. The idea that the bugs will "learn" that your base is a great stockpile of food and will start to attack to get at it. Or that you can overharvest any resource, deforesting the grass, or driving the bugs in an area to extinction (or just driving them out like frontier-era America). Hopefully we see more interesting interactions between the creatures in the backyard, as well. Would love to see some Monster Hunter-esque battles loll

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Was having a good time, but seems like the beginning tutorial is totally borked (or maybe I had pretty bad luck).

It led me to certain building where after a while it got dark, I cannot build anything inside and cannot leave because on one exit there are giant spiders and another is full of killer ants. So now either I have to die and respawn or just start over (which will probably be quicker).

Tbh for this type of games I either prefer a complete handholdy tutorial or just let me figure all it on my own.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is this worth the asking price at the moment? I played a bit of the demo a few weeks ago and had a nice time, but not sure if I should wait for more content to come along or not.

Probably wait. I haven't played it yet, but its early access, seems to have a few bugs. If you're trying to get your money's worth upfront you might as well wait a bit more, no?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I'm watching Seagull's stream and the spider at night is terrifying hahaha

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
an early quest requirement that I'm stuck on:

"investigate the explosion at the oak tree" ... uh, where is the oak tree? not marked on the map, and I got lost recovering a backpack after respawning.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Probably wait. I haven't played it yet, but its early access, seems to have a few bugs. If you're trying to get your money's worth upfront you might as well wait a bit more, no?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I decided to actually just gamepass it since I still had the $1 deal available :)

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
an early quest requirement that I'm stuck on:

"investigate the explosion at the oak tree" ... uh, where is the oak tree? not marked on the map, and I got lost recovering a backpack after respawning.
Go to the machine you activated and look up. Should see the oak tree in the distance. Only tree in the biome iirc.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I always love the idea of survival games but then I actually play them and realize how tedious they are lol game is fun in bursts and really well made for what it is but I personally can't play for a very long time with getting bored

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
This is very cool so far.
I have not really gotten into many crafting games, but this one has some charm to it for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I always love the idea of survival games but then I actually play them and realize how tedious they are lol game is fun in bursts and really well made for what it is but I personally can't play for a very long time with getting bored
This was me just now. Had a blast exploring but then I started losing health and saw what I needed to craft just one bandage and felt the tedium of it all wash over me.

I'll probably keep playing though. As a huge fan of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids growing up, this kind of environment is right up my alley.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So I played the demo in that steam event recently, so I just installed via game pass to check it out. MP isn't working I assume because early access.

I replayed the same bit from the steam demo then started the next story bit and.....it was over straight away? It came up on screen like "you've now done all of the story content, we are adding more as we develop the game".. I've been playing for like 20 minutes. Then I got ganged up on by a bunch of spiders and got stuck in a loop of respawning right next to them and dying instantly over and over.

This seems super super early and bare bones.. I think I might just wait this one out for now. Of course you can still explore and craft stuff but in terms of doing the story thats it? I did see like daily challenges or something, but that isn't proper missions.

These kind of games really shine when playing with people online, so that and lack of content means i'm going to shelf this for now.

Oct 27, 2017
Caught up with the story content in around an hour and change. Promising start and the gameplay is just as fun and appealing as the demo suggested. I built a tent around the analyser and haven't got into base building yet, but that will be my next port of call. Feels as though I've already run out of new materials to scan but it's early days, I don't expect it to be super deep at this stage of development.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
really excited to play this with my friends tonight - they are on PC so it's nice to have more GP games with crossplay

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow looks great! If only I had an xbox to try it out an not listen to moronic streamers :P

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this turns out like a Sea of Thieves. It basically did early access via the alphas/betas (and some might say Launch)

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, played for half an hour and this is incredibly appealing so far.

You're guided along the path with small quests, the visuals are astonishing and the whole thing drips atmosphere - from the small green bugs running away from you and up the nearest grass to the intimidating spiders running around and the "landmarks" like the baseball that really nail the "you're shrunk" tone.

I thought the reveal felt a little lackluster back then, but playing for a little while it seems like MS could have something special in their hands with this game. Very promising.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Is this a bug? This should get fixed asap.

make sure youre using the "feedback" button to report stuff like this:

1puDId4.jpg

Press down on the DPAD and then select your "mood"