• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

fd950be0-af4e-415f-99e6-94f034955e99.jpg

IxKrv4o.png

CnGAlyN.png

DirectOrnateAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

Platform(s): Xbox One, PC, Xbox Series X
Early Access/Game Preview Release Date: July 28th, 2020 (PC/Xbox One), Launch (Xbox Series X)
Genre: Survival RPG
Price: $29.99 USD or Free with Xbox Game Pass
Player(s): 1-4
Format: Digital
ESRB Rating: T
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios

giphy.gif

In Grounded, the world is a vast, beautiful and dangerous place – especially when you have been shrunk to the size of an ant. Explore, build and survive together in this first (and third) person, multiplayer, survival-adventure. Can you thrive alongside the hordes of giant insects, fighting to survive the perils of the backyard?

Grounded_Reactive_World_600x94.gif

Explore this immersive and persistent world, where the insect life reacts to your actions.
Grounded_Base_Building_600x94.gif

Shelter and tools are critical to your survival. Build epic bases to protect you and your stuff from the insects and the elements. Craft weapons, tools, and armor, allowing you to better fight, explore and survive.
Grounded_Online_Co-Op_600x94.gif

You can face the backyard alone or together, online, with up to three friends - the choice is yours.
Grounded_Campaign_600x94.gif

Uncover the secrets lurking in the shadows of Grounded as you freely explore the backyard and progress through its mysterious story.

AccuratePersonalGrassspider-size_restricted.gif

There are four characters in Grounded you can play as:
WarmCreativeDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

Voiced by: Luke Youngblood

TanPeskyGavial-size_restricted.gif

Voiced by: Max Mittelman

RecentQuarrelsomeIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

Voiced by: Charlet Takahashi Chung

GreenCookedJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Voiced by: Ozioma Akagha

In addition, two characters Burg.L and Wendell appear as NPCs. The former is voiced by Josh Brenner and the latter by Shazam Himself Zachary Levi.

giphy.gif

Q: What is this game?
A: It's a survival game made by a small team of about 15 people at Obsidian

Q: Is it an RPG?
A: Yes and no. It is a survival game first and foremost but it has RPG elements as well as quests and a deep crafting system.

Q: Is there an original story?
A: Of course! It wouldn't be an Obsidian game without one. The game will launch into Early Access/Game Preview with 20% of the story, and more will be added in the coming months.

Q: Can I play in third-person?
A: Yes, both third and first-person perspectives exist in the game.

Q: Will this game always be $30
A: No, the game will increase in price as more content is added, so it pays to play early.

Q: Is this game an RPG?
A: Yes and no. It is a survival game first and foremost, but with quests and some light RPG elements.

Q: I'm afraid of spiders but still want to play the game. Can I?
A: Yes! The game includes a work-in-progress arachnophobia mode so even those afraid of spiders can play.

Q: Is there crossplay?
A: Yes. There is crossplay between Xbox One and the Xbox app. Steam is not confirmed but we should know in a few days.

Q: Is there couch co-op?
A: Not yet, but it is being considered.

MemorableRegalAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Grounded

www.xbox.com

Grounded | Xbox

Play Grounded with Xbox Game Pass and Go big or never go home.

discord.com

Join the Grounded Discord Server!

Grounded is a survival-adventure game from Obsidian! Join our growing community today! | 55410 members

www.facebook.com

Grounded

Grounded. 13,053 likes · 548 talking about this. Go big, or never go home. Grounded is an upcoming survival-adventure game from Obsidian.

HardtofindDaringDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

ss_6450d5fc4129ee622166b71d36916673b8152932.600x338.jpg

ss_6239702102bd5da92ccb88c396f73f9f2d176cfd.600x338.jpg

Grounded-playable-female-characters.jpg

INFO

Platform(s): Xbox One, PC, Xbox Series X
Early Access/Game Preview Release Date: July 28th, 2020 (PC/Xbox One), Launch (Xbox Series X)
Genre: Survival RPG
Price: $29.99 USD or free with Xbox Game Pass
Player(s): 1-4
Format: Digital
ESRB Rating: T
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios

Gameplay

In Grounded, the world is a vast, beautiful and dangerous place – especially when you have been shrunk to the size of an ant. Explore, build and survive together in this first (and third) person, multiplayer, survival-adventure. Can you thrive alongside the hordes of giant insects, fighting to survive the perils of the backyard?

Reactive World
Explore this immersive and persistent world, where the insect life reacts to your actions.

Base Building
Shelter and tools are critical to your survival. Build epic bases to protect you and your stuff from the insects and the elements. Craft weapons, tools, and armor, allowing you to better fight, explore and survive.

Online Co-Op
You can face the backyard alone or together, online, with up to three friends - the choice is yours.

Campaign
Uncover the secrets lurking in the shadows of Grounded as you freely explore the backyard and progress through its mysterious story.

Characters
There are four characters in Grounded you can play as:

Max, voiced by Luke Youngblood

Pete
, voiced by Max Mittelman

Hoops
, voiced by Charlet Takahashi Chung

and

Willow, voiced by Ozioma Akagha

In addition, two characters Burg.L and Wendell appear as NPCs. The former is voiced by Josh Brenner and the latter by Shazam Himself Zachary Levi.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is this game?

A: It's a survival game made by a small team of about 15 people at Obsidian

Q: Is it an RPG?
A: Yes and no. It is a survival game first and foremost but it has RPG elements as well as quests and a deep crafting system.

Q: Is there an original story?
A: Of course! It wouldn't be an Obsidian game without one. The game will launch into Early Access/Game Preview with 20% of the story, and more will be added in the coming months.

Q: Can I play in third-person?
A: Yes, both third and first-person perspectives exist in the game.

Q: Will this game always be $30
A: No, the game will increase in price as more content is added, so it pays to play early.

Q: Is this game an RPG?
A: Yes and no. It is a survival game first and foremost, but with quests and some light RPG elements.

Q: I'm afraid of spiders but still want to play the game. Can I?
A: Yes! The game includes a work-in-progress arachnophobia mode so even those afraid of spiders can play.

Q: Is there crossplay?
A: Yes. There is crossplay between Xbox One and the Xbox app. Steam is not confirmed but we should know in a few days.

Q: Is there couch co-op?
A: Not yet, but it is being considered.

Links:

Grounded

www.xbox.com

Grounded | Xbox

Play Grounded with Xbox Game Pass and Go big or never go home.

discord.com

Join the Grounded Discord Server!

Grounded is a survival-adventure game from Obsidian! Join our growing community today! | 55410 members

www.facebook.com

Grounded

Grounded. 13,053 likes · 548 talking about this. Go big, or never go home. Grounded is an upcoming survival-adventure game from Obsidian.

store.steampowered.com

Grounded on Steam

The world is a vast, beautiful and dangerous place – especially when you have been shrunk to the size of an ant. Can you thrive alongside the hordes of giant insects, fighting to survive the perils of the backyard?
Media:
Please consult the version with gifs/images.
I'd like to thank knightmawk for the title, Dancrane212 whose Ori OT served as a massive influence (sorry, I "borrowed" the Resetera OT graphics) since this was my first OT, and Obsidian for providing some of the GIFs used in the thread. I also would like to thank the Tips and Tricks OT and the Xbox Game Studios OT for their continued help and support. Enjoy Grounded!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Hopefully, this isn't too early, the game launches Tuesday so this is within the 72 hours. Lock if needed.

TornRaptor

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Australia
Great OT, well done with your first. Very much looking forward to the full release of this one. I want to wait for the story to being fully implemented.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play more of this. The demo had me hooked.

I was... I just need to fix that wire, but I didn't have enough time in the demo.

Don't underestimate the ladybugs...

edit: Damn, I swear I recorded all my footage of when I played the demo, but I can't find it now. Or maybe I just deleted it. Bummer...

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Thanks for the support everyone. I'm looking forward to playing and discussing in the coming days.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Steam demo was alot of fun. My friends need to switch to Gamepass faster lol

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I'm pretty excited for this! The very first reveal didn't catch my interest but then I watched a gameplay preview and I was sold. Skipped the demo but all in on early access.

(Excellent OP and I laughed at the title)

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I honestly can't wait for this to drop. That previous teaser demo was way too short. There's something special about the way the game feels to play and be immersed in, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

How exactly does co-op work? I want to play this with my friend.

What platforms are you and your friend playing on? You can likely play co-op with one Game Pass subscription.

Jun 1, 2018
I honestly can't wait for this to drop. That previous teaser demo was way too short. There's something special about the way the game feels to play and be immersed in, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

What platforms are you and your friend playing on? You can likely play co-op with one Game Pass subscription.
thats awesome. both on pc. how can we play with one gamepass?

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Awesome OT. I can't wait for this to drop on game pass! Preloaded and ready to go!

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Nice OT! I hope this game gets some attention and Obsidian keeps developing it in cool ways.

Maybe embed the Steam link as media though rather than a URL unfurl? It's just easier to click through imo.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
thank you for the OT , subbed gamepass again for this game and if its good i may end up buying it

Loving the 3rd person view

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Nice OT! I hope this game gets some attention and Obsidian keeps developing it in cool ways.

Maybe embed the Steam link as media though rather than a URL unfurl? It's just easier to click through imo.

Done. Only changed on version with images/gifs though due to media limit. Thanks for the link.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
The demo was suprisingly compelling and there actually seemed to be something to work towards other than just surviving. I'm cautiously optimistic and looking forward to spending more time with it. The 30 minute limit in the demo wasn't enough to really get into it.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Nice OT!
Wish it had more informations on how to play, though. I have no idea what happens when a player dites, or how big the yard is.

Do we have a map, or something?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hope it's playable a day early again because of New Zealand. Can't wait to dive in.

Hope the Xbox version will look good out of the box. Could be possible that it won't since it's early access, but I cross my fingers.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
why is such a good OT... spoiler tagged?

what am I missing? is this a boomer moment?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
you mention Xbox and steam - is early access also available on PC via gamepass ultimate?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Was truly sceptical about Grounded as a concept but loved the demo to bits. Excited to jump in properly with friends this week. 🐞

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm too lazy to read the difference between normal gamepass/ultimate.
Wasn't expecting this game to drop so soon and I've been thinking of subbing gamepass to try it out.
What is the one i need for PC only, and to play all the games of course. Do i need to sub xbox live?
Gamepass ultimate is everything from Gold, gamepass console, gamepass pc and soon xCloud.
You only need gamepass on PC.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
As a fan of these type of survival games, I can't wait to give it a go. Really hope the building features are properly implemented from the off, nothing worse than a game that wants you to build bases but doesn't give you much to build with.