• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I already feel pity for the poor soul that dies in the last encounter of the Game in Permadeath mode

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Going to be interesting to see if they allow Accessibility options in this mode... I'm curious how people feel about that.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Why are quite a bit of games having permadeath nowadays? And this is a 30 hour long game so that makes it more insane.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Nice additions. Platinumed this bad boy shortly after launch. Will still wait for a PS5 patch before diving in though.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So trophies are now DLC huh?
The difficulty is the dlc content, and it brings new trophies along with it. This is nothing new, and hasn't been for a decade.

Why are quite a bit of games having permadeath nowadays? And this is a 30 hour long game so that makes it more insane.
Wouldn't do it even if the game was 3 hours long. Seems like something I wouldn't enjoy.

Good luck to those that want to go for it. 😋

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's enabling you to play the game in a new way, so yeah kinda. Increases the value of the game.

I'd say part 2 is less replayable than part 1, but still this is good. After the Plat I'll just wait for PS5 update myself.

I see sorry didn't realise it was a new game mode.

Still some actual story DLC would have been nice to read about.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Can't remember doing a permadeath trophy since Dead Space 2, which had three manual saves only.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Although I played it on hard and found it way too easy, I will never get that Grounded trophy

I just can't do the Rat King. Had to put it down to the lowest difficulty and I still freaked out every time that fucking thing came near me.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I enjoy permadeath in some games but this one would just be a nightmare imo. I feel like I'd die to a certain encounter later in the game multiple times. Seems brutal in a game with so many insta-death mechanics.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The difficulty is the dlc content, and it brings new trophies along with it. This is nothing new, and hasn't been for a decade.

Wouldn't do it even if the game was 3 hours long. Seems like something I wouldn't enjoy.

Good luck to those that want to go for it. 😋
For 3 hours I would do it, lol.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
See, this will make me replay the game...

I REALLY love difficulties like these.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I just finished the game twice to do all the trophies, can't see myself picking it up for another two play through anytime soon. Definitely don't hate myself enough to try and do both of those things at once.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Abby haters will never get the permadeath trophy.
Abby haters be like
4b0oru.jpg

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Definitely going to play again on Grounded difficulty.