• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
header.jpg

Out now on Steam and for Switch. Era OT: GRIS | OT | And it took every colour to draw her

OpenCritic - 86/100

GameSpot - 9/10
Game Informer - 8.25/10
Destructoid - 10/10
IGN - 6.5/10
Videogamer.com - 6/10
EasyAllies (video) - 8/10
NintendoLife - 9/10
Wccftech - 9/10
HardcoreGamer - 4.5/5
WeGotThisCovered - 5/5
USGamer - 3/5
DualShockers - 9.5/10
EGM - 8/10
Twinfinite - 4/5
The Sixth Axis - 8/10
ShackNews - 7/10
PureNintendo - 9/10
CGMagazine - 9/10
God is a Geek - 6.5/10
NintendoDojo - B+
COGConnected - 90/100
DigitallyDownloaded - 5/5
NintendoWorldReport - 10/10
GameSpew - 8/10
GameGrin - 8/10
TechRaptor - 9/10
NewGameNetwork - 80/100
The Digital Fix - 9/10
Handsome Phantom - 8.5/10
OnlySP - 5/5
GamingTrend - 100/100
Digital Chumps - 9/10
GameStar (Germany) - 85/100
4players (Germany) - 90/100
HobbyConsolas (Spain) - 90/100
GameReactor.es (Spain) - 9/10
AreaJugones (Spain) - 9.5/10
IGN (Spain) - 8.5/10
GameKult (France) - 8/10
Jeux-Video (France) - 16/20
GameBlog (France) - 9/10
TheGamesMachine (Italy) - 9.5/10
Everyeye (Italy) - 8.5/10
Reloading (Brazil) - 8.2/10

Kotaku - no score
I don't normally shed tears when a video game ends. I hardly ever pause in the middle of a playthrough to appreciate a clever game mechanic. I do stop to listen to game music, but it's rare I spend minutes trying to get gameplay and soundtrack to sync in order to recreate a perfect moment. All of these things happened during the four hours I spent completing Gris.

The Verge - no score
This ever-changing world is what keeps Gris engaging for the few hours it lasts. Like Monument Valley, it's comparatively short and easy, but that doesn't matter. It's a game where just exploring is enough. It feels good to move around, and the game looks so amazing that you can't help but want to see what's next. It's a game that starts out beautiful, and only improves the more you play.

Eurogamer - Recommended
An artful puzzle platformer that'll stay with you long after its short running time.

Polygon - Recommended
Gris will only take you a handful of hours to play from start to finish, but I can't recommend it strongly enough. I only wish the experience lasted longer.

NintendoEverything - Thumbs Up
Short and utterly beautiful, Gris is a title that returns every minute you give it ten-fold. It's a game that I wholeheartedly believe every Switch owner should experience.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
86 on Opencritic. Between this, Ashen, Below and then some, what a crazy finish of the year in indie gaming this just became.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
User warned: Port-begging.
PS4 version when?

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
This game has intrigued me ever since I first saw the trailer.
All the reviews look great, I'll be buying the game now.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game sure is pretty, but I wish it had gameplay mechanics that were more meaningful or engaging. Apparently the puzzling in it is also pretty basic.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay seems a bit too edgeless for me to become attached to the game, but it looks beautiful enough that it will be worth it for visuals alone. I'll check it out.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
4players gave it 90%. That`s a pretty rare score on that site.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
This has been on my radar for some time now.... looking forward to playing it on my Switch.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
With a game that's this dependent on its visuals I'm not sure if I should play this on switch or wait until it's available on another system with (more than likely) 4k resolution.

May 5, 2018
Seems to be getting very solid reviews overall. Though there are a few polarizing reviews ranging from Destructoid's 10 score to IGN's 6.5 rating.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I was already excited for this, but wow those are VERY good scores. Surprised to see IGN be the outlier, that usually only happens when someone there wants to teach Bethesda the publisher a lesson.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About to buy it right now, but how long is it ? Don't wanna spoil myself anything by reading the reviews.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I have been looking forward to this for a while. Grabbing on my Switch today, but it truly boggles my mind the number of games I need to get through right now. I just picked up Undertale, Into the Breach, Hyper Light, The Messenger, Spiderman (trying for plat, but I finished the campaign), Red Dead, PLGP and Smash over the last 2 weeks.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine (in Portuguese)
http://reloading.com.br/review/review-gris-pc-switch/

It's a delightful and touching game, despite being mostly shallow in terms of challenging gameplay. It's one of the most beautiful and all around artistically pleasent titles I played in a long time. Congrats to Conrad, Adrián, Roger and the whole Nomada team on their first game

Raybunzy

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Ashen a couple days go, today Gris released and tomorrow releases Below. December being amazing. Cannot wait to give it a couple of hours today.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always torn on games like this, like there's part of me wanting to appreciate the artistry and "get" the whole game as an experience thing.
But then most of me is like "wait, the platforming never goes anywhere? what's da point?!"

Ultimately I feel like the content of the USgamer review, right down to their trip to the tate modern that left me with similar vibes when I went earlier this year.
Will probably check out at a later date.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
WOW!!!

Forget the scores, an indie game from nowhere to have so many reviews and specialy with so many high profile publications/sites is a marketing magic..

How they achieved this in this time when most indie games struggle to gather even 5 to 10 reviews?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I remember reading that this was going to be on PS4 at some point? Is that still planned, or scrapped?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WOW!!!

Forget the scores, an indie game from nowhere to have so many reviews and specialy with so many high profile publications/sites is a marketing magic..

How they achieved this in this time when most indie games struggle to gather even 5 to 10 reviews?
Devolver, basically