• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great game that I played all the way through, though $15/$20 seems steep. But that's thrown off by the fact that I used the free Apple Arcade trial to beat it, I guess.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
one of the few real gems from apple arcade so i'm glad to see other people get their hands on it, there's a lot here to enjoy

Last edited:

Cubo

May 14, 2018
Never heard of it but instantly loved it in the Direct. Will be buying I'm afraid. What am I going to do with so many games??

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
This game was a huge reason I was subscribed to Apple Arcade for a while, it's incredibly quality. Really excited to be able to play it on Switch as I just don't really use my phone as a gaming device all that much.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
My most played Apple Arcade game by a mile. Really good game. I eventually stopped subbing to Apple Arcade because I only kept the sub for this game, so I'm happy I can actually buy it now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This game is fucking amazing and one of the shining stars of Apple Arcade.

If you didn't play it on iOS yet then please play it on Switch.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
The positive responses have me intrigued... This looks like one of those dopamine mobile games.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to finally play it. Was the main game on Apple Arcade that I wanted to play but I'm on android.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Absolutely loved this on Apple Arcade but couldn't justify continuing to pay $5/month to access it

(I can't believe it's impossible to permanently buy Apple Arcade games, so weird)

Excited to finally be able to buy it once permanently on a platform!

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I can't recommend this game highly enough. I played the sh.t out of it on Apple Arcade. It reminded me a lot of Critter Crunch and Clash of Heroes, so this adds to a trio of excellemt puzzle games.

Edit: Btw, if somebody from Capy is reading this. How about porting Critter Crunch to Switch? I'd buy that in a heartbeat and barf some rainbows!

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
From the gameplay I've seen, I'm not getting what makes it a good puzzle game. You have to draw a path over same colored critters? What is the strategy?

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the gameplay I've seen, I'm not getting what makes it a good puzzle game. You have to draw a path over same colored critters? What is the strategy?
The strategy is in the tougher level layouts and the uncommon enemies. The regular coloured enemies are what you build up your chain with. Other uncommon enemies will move towards you, make attacks, and such all while requiring you have a certain chain built up in order to take them out. While not a difficult game (I only beat the 150 levels the game initially offered), there are are some challenging situations you can get into. If you watch some gameplay from later levels, you may see some variation in the gameplay that requires more strategy than the trailers or reviews suggest.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Every level is unique and the game is designed to be fun, challenging, and rewarding rather than depending on luck and in-app purchases like so many others which might look similar to this game.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Oof, $15? Is there enough replay value here?
I put about 15 hours into the game on my phone and got barely half-way through the game's 200 levels. The game is really good about introducing new enemies, mechanics, and level layouts all the time as well, plus there's a ton of different gear to unlock and, uh, grind for.

It's a very jampacked game, nothing really to oof about here.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
The strategy is in the tougher level layouts and the uncommon enemies. The regular coloured enemies are what you build up your chain with. Other uncommon enemies will move towards you, make attacks, and such all while requiring you have a certain chain built up in order to take them out. While not a difficult game (I only beat the 150 levels the game initially offered), there are are some challenging situations you can get into. If you watch some gameplay from later levels, you may see some variation in the gameplay that requires more strategy than the trailers or reviews suggest.

Every level is unique and the game is designed to be fun, challenging, and rewarding rather than depending on luck and in-app purchases like so many others which might look similar to this game.

Thanks, I'll look into more advanced levels.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit!!! New capy game! Christmas came early!

I'm not a mobile player so I never tried this!

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone from capy is here pls release critter crunch and clash of heroes for switch pls!!!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
God, this game is SO GOOD. I hadn't played it since my Apple Arcade sub expired months ago and I just love the fact that now it's on my Switch forever. The gameplay is extremely addicting and the visual style + music just makes the game a complete pleasure to spend time in.

I also love how the main character's motivation for committing critter genocide is to get his family a nice vacation. What a guy.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Is $15 for this title really worthy of an 'Oof'? I heard it was great, and it's not that high of an asking price for a game.
If you complete and unlock everything, you'll likely spend more than 20 hours on the game. Seems odd to say oof while not before knowing the answer to your question.
Sure. It's a mobile game offered on Apple Arcade, and another entry in the slidey mobile puzzle genre. That's not a statement about quality, but more about a game designed for a specific audience. It's at the same price point (after launch discount) as a lot of amazing indie games.

But it also looks great. Which is why I asked?

I put about 15 hours into the game on my phone and got barely half-way through the game's 200 levels. The game is really good about introducing new enemies, mechanics, and level layouts all the time as well, plus there's a ton of different gear to unlock and, uh, grind for.

It's a very jampacked game, nothing really to oof about here.
Thanks! The trailer mentions 200 levels, but that doesn't really mean much in a vacuum. That game design and/or smooth progression is what'll keep the game around imo.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. It's a mobile game offered on Apple Arcade, and another entry in the slidey mobile puzzle genre. That's not a statement about quality, but more about a game designed for a specific audience. It's at the same price point (after launch discount) as a lot of amazing indie games.
This is true. When I was subscribed at launch, I enjoyed it and Cards of Darkness the most. The only slant I could give it was that unlocking everything and getting all of the achievements requires a lot of grinding a handful of levels. These were completely optional. They have since added something like 80 levels and a daily grind mode. I am on the fence at double dipping.

For anyone who has played, how does the frame rate hold up during more intense animations. From the one Switch video I watched on YouTube, it appeared to hold at or close to 60 fps.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Capy up there with Supergiant on the small list of devs that I trust enough to insta-buy with no questions asked.

Now make another Clash of Heroes!!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
The style looks very Cartoon Network but I won't hold that against it. I would still be willing to try a demo at some point. I see you're all gushing about it but I've been fooled by that too many times to act on it.

Is there a demo somewhere?