• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll run through Grim Fandango another time just for the achievements. I love that game so much.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
glad i'll finally get to play these i was in jail when these originally came out.

funny-prison-inmate-concept-42197083.jpg

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Finally, we hear word! These are seriously my most anticipated games of the year. I'm going to play them one at a time. I'll play Full Throttle first, since it's the only one I've played, then decide which one to get after that.

Full Throttle was the first game I bought that...encouraged my dad to upgrade his already fairly new PC. I sold it years later at a garage sale, to a kid who lived up the street. He tried to use it as a way to get us to hang out. He invited me over to watch him play the game, but he quickly became frustrated and insisted I show him. I think I ended up beating it again then and there.

I haven't played the other two. Grim Fandango was one I was interested in but could never pull the trigger on. Day of the Tentacle is less familiar to me, but I did watch my dad beat maniac mansion on the nes. I will definitely give both of these a shot.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Haven't played day of the tentacle since 1993 it feels like. Had to get the version for PC that didn't support voiced lines. This will be the real treat

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
I'm going to replay Grim Fandango and Full Throttle after +20 years since my last playthrough.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
So pumped for this. Downloaded it on my iPhone when they came out and I could not get into it, just hard for me to play phone games.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Phil. Fund a new big budget adventure game from Double Fine and I'll throw my ps4 in the trash.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Please play Grim Fandango, if only so I never have to see another xxxx year being the the greatest year for games discussion again. It's 1998. And Grim Fandango is one of the GOATs.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they'll actually show XBox buttons now on PC when you play with a controller. I remember playing these and being amused because I never saw a game that ONLY showed PS buttons on PC.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
Awesome.

I suggest if you are stuck w/ any of these games: google 'UHS hints', it's a website dedicated to point n' click walkthroughs that guide your train of thought with hints so that you can still have the gratification of working it out and keep going, most times that's all you need > having the solution spelled out for you. I've been using that w/ some oldskool point n' clicks and it works a treat.

I'll be doing that myself as I still haven't beaten GF, DotT and FT. Them (alongside beneath a steel sky) are big holes in my adventure gaming backlog.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
Theyve gotta stick Psychonauts on Game Pass before the sequel comes out... surely?
It was temporarily free last July (not sure if it was an accidental listing) but I used it as an opportunity to play it. Despite some crashes (don't worry though, it does autosave) I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome.

I suggest if you are stuck w/ any of these games: google 'UHS hints', it's a website dedicated to point n' click walkthroughs that guide your train of thought with hints so that you can still have the gratification of working it out and keep going, most times that's all you need > having the solution spelled out for you. I've been using that w/ some oldskool point n' clicks and it works a treat.

I'll be doing that myself as I still haven't beaten GF, DotT and FT. Them (alongside beneath a steel sky) are big holes in my adventure gaming backlog.

the best hint I heard for these games was either from Gilbert or Shafer around the time of The Cave's release, and they suggested just to walk away from the game and do something else and the solutions will come flooding subconsciously and I've found that to be so true...it's a bit like reading a book, sometimes taking a break is a part of absorbing the medium

doesn't work for DOTT though, because that game has some stupid obscure fuckin' puzzles, especially if you don't know American history

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Full Throttle has always been one of my favorite games as a kid, and beat it several times. Doubt I'll manage to do it without a guide this time around, but we'll see how much I remember. Very excited to play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle as well. These will probably be the last games I play on my Xbox One X before I retire that system.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
What an awesome surprise!

I met Tim Schafer at PAX East years ago (2011). Ironically, I was talking to Mike Wilford at the time, who was the head of Twisted Pixel. Twisted Pixel had just been purchased by Microsoft. Tim just walks up and they start talking and I'm starstruck. 😆 He's a legend and he was super nice. I got a photo of them. No idea where it is. Now Twisted Pixel is independent and Double Fine is owned my Microsoft.

I miss those days of PAX. It is a lot bigger now, and those moments are harder to come by.