• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
aaaaaaaaaa god damn it legit looks basically like grid 2, also handling looks real rough

making it hard to get excited here codemasters, no drift and touge too ://

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Is this a reboot?

edit: 'Check out the first look at gameplay from the newly announced Grid reboot, showcasing races through the streets of San Francisco and Shanghai.'

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
+1 for in car view. Good memory of that San Francisco track, although the AI gave me some rough flashbacks of some rage quits in the original (or was it Grid2?) from AI taking me out in corners. Overall I'm excited, looking forward to this!

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Weird reboot when it seems the exact same style as the previous game.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
This looks great. The cockpit view alone is a huge upgrade over Grid 2 and Autosport (Autosport's cockpit view was a joke).
The second track, in night time and wet tarmac looks significantly better than anytihng in 2 or Autosport. Also, I wonder if this will be 60 fps on consoles. The previous Grid's were 30 fps there.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Looks like Grid but prettier graphix

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
So Grid 2 with a cockpit view, still feel like they could of released this in a year or 2 time.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Codie's non simulation side of teams havent put out a single great game since... DiRT 2? Their simulation leaning games have been nice though.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm misremembering, but Grid 1/2 looked like that. The graphics, the overall visual identity (same kind of lightning tone), the type of race, the type of location... so I'm not sure why I should buy it, instead of reinstalling it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this looks so much like the original GRID games, for better or worse. For better because those were lovely games with a neat handling and a real feeling of driving "rough" cars, unlike stuff like Forza or Gran Turismo that always felt smoother. For worse because the visual style and everything looks like an upressed last-gen game. Don't think I'll play this at launch but given Codies' great presence on Game Pass I assume this will be on the service not long after launch, just like the last DIRT games, F1 2018 and so on.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
The second race looks much better but both locations look very familiar I hope there are new locations. Also, I wish it had a GRiD 1 tone to it but it pretty much looks like a GRiD 2's foundation.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That surprisingly looks a lot like the first Grid, right down to the piss filter.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
You could have told me this was grid2.
I remember grid being quite impressive for its age and with a spectacular cockpit view.
I see nothing here

And yep, same colour grading and the obnoxious overexposed bloom as it's prequel. Ew

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
You could have told me this was grid2.
I remember grid being quite impressive for its age and with a spectacular cockpit view.
I see nothing here

And yep, same colour grading and the obnoxious overexposed bloom as it's prequel. Ew
Yeah... That gameplay kind of let's me down there, looks just like the old ones, bloom, filter, bumping AI through city courses and all.

I was very excited at the announcement of this, but this reminds me that it's Grid all right, complete with the good and bad.

I loved the inclusion of the near-complete 2006 LeMans series in Race Driver: Grid as I said in the other thread. I think this'll need to have a solid list of race tracks and race cars to sway me at this point. Especially with Simbin's GTR3 having the WEC license coming soon.
We need more motorsport series licensed games in general. Niche titles though, so I get it. But I don't like the hodge-podge of cars and tracks from different series in one.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
More:

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that the Shanghai clip is already included in OP's video link.

This is a better video though, becuase its better quality. And it makes it pretty clear that its significantly better looking than previous GRID's.
It may not be Forza/GT level, but Codemasters hasn't exactly been pumping out multi million sellers recently.

Oct 27, 2017
And it's even the same track and car like the first race of the original. Blast from the past.

This looks more like it feels like the later Grids and not the original, which is not a good sign. And the graphics are nothing to write home about either, but it's still too early to judge I guess.

King_Britain

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Always liked that first track so its cool that its back. I didn't really see any damage on the cars though which is disappointing, this new Grid needs the crazy damage from before.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Always liked that first track so its cool that its back. I didn't really see any damage on the cars though which is disappointing, this new Grid needs the crazy damage from before.

Well, the player car hasn't properly crashed in the video.

there's a little lovetap on the SF track and you can clearly see some deformation after that. This wiill have Grid's usual damage model, guaranteed.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait - I agree the decision to brand simply as GRID as odd, at the very least that will be confusing to consumers from a marketing perspective.

But count me amongst those who were definitely asking for this. A little surprised there's so much negativity in the thread, GRID1 was awesome.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I installed Grid 2 last night since it's free on Steam right now, and this reminds me so much of that. I don't...get it.

I do want it to be good, since I couldn't handle how old that model felt in Grid 2. Just wish the art direction was a bit different, but maybe that is one of the pillars of GRID.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ok.

So that's literally the same track and class race from the first game & somehow the physics look worse and the graphics only look slightly better?.... After 11 years.