• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
From Jason Schreier:

Jason Schreier said:
Oh also, didn't squeeze this into the interview but I'm not sure if it's public info - Aonuma told me that his team is on BOTW2 and that Link's Awakening is actually developed by Grezzo (which handled the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3DS remakes)

Nintendo is keeping them busy, between this, the previous Zelda releases, and Luigi's Mansion for 3DS. Given the quality of their past games, I'm sure the framerate problems with LA will be ironed out before release.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! My fingers remain crossed for the Hero of Time 3DS remakes to come to Switch in glorious HD

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm liking the work they're doing so far. It's just a shame that Ever Oasis was essentially sent to die on the 3DS.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man they've come along way.....this game looks freaking amazing. Wonder which Zelda Remake/Remaster they are gonna tackle next.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm so there is one Zelda team that we don't know what they're doing right now? Or have they been announced to be working on a different project? I mean the team that made the handheld Zelda games for DS/3DS.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
So there it is multiple studios working on different Zeldas tip Zell slipped earlier

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
If there's something disappointing about this is that I was hoping Grezzo would handle the Adventure of Link remake.

Then again, Link's Awakening is my first Zelda and one of my favorites so no complaints here.

Oct 27, 2017
Love Grezzo's work so I'm here for this, but I do hope they can make another new IP soon, or even an Ever Oasis sequel. The first game, while it had some pretty simple combat and somewhat confusing town building segment, was pretty, had a great soundtrack, the dungeon exploring elements were great, and the story and characters were actually pretty interesting; I did not expect that game to have as sad of an ending as it did.

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
Funny a bunch of people were asking this to NOA staff last week, but nobody could give an answer. Felt a bit strange, honestly. Glad we have an answe now.

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. I wonder what happen to the other zelda team that made between world and triforce heroes.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I wonder what happen to the other zelda team that made between world and triforce heroes.

I'd guess all of the EPD Zelda teams are on BOTW2 now. The first one is the best selling Zelda of all time by far, they would be wise to put all their efforts into continuing the build the franchise from there.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Is Monolith working on BOTW2? Or are they working on ANOTHER Zelda?

Probably doing heavy lifting for BOTW2

So it's safe to say Grezzo will probably take care of more traditional ALTTP style Zelda going forward this leaves EPD with more time to spend on other things which is nice

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Forgot to mention that this is quite the improvement for Grezzo. The OoT and MM remakes always looked underwhelming visually but here they completely nailed the artstyle and execution. Definitely their most impressive work yet.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good to hear confirmation. This looks like being their best game yet.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EPD + Monolith = Breath of the Wild 2 more than likely. Also probably means that game will happen in 2020.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How can a game be so close to launch but the developer be uncertain? Seems baffling, am I missing something?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super happy to have a Zelda game for this year, especially a remake of one of the best ones.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So that's what Grezzo was doing! I'm stoked for this game.
And it also means that EPD and Aonima have spent more than two years already on the BOTW sequel!
Too bad the overworld runs at 30 FPS.
The game uses double buffering, which means that if it drops to what would be 59FPS with triple buffering (Or some tearing with no V-Sync) it drops to the next multiple of the display refresh rate, so to 30FPS.

There are areas of the overworld that run at 60FPS in those videos of the demo (At least for fractions of time) , and it's very possible that the amount of optimization needed for the whole game to reach 60FPS is minimal. (Maybe only a bit extra performance is needed to get above the threshold)

They can go over each area in the last minute and optimize to make sure they stay above the threshold, and it's probably what they plan on doing.

I think the very fact they are using double buffering is indicative that they are confident to reach 60FPS in the final game. If not, they would have implemented triple buffering and let the game drop a few frames if necessary.

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons remade in this style as one super-game next, pls

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nice, they've done great work on the zelda series so far, and this seems like a fantastic re-imagining of LA.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
So it's safe to say Grezzo will probably take care of more traditional ALTTP style Zelda going forward this leaves EPD with more time to spend on other things which is nice
Could go either direction to be honest. Translating 1:1 of classic Zelda games is different from designing a Zelda from the ground up.