• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you rather Grezzo made next?

• A Link To The Last

Votes: 151 12.4%
  • Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Votes: 732 60.2%
  • Original Top-down Zelda

Votes: 332 27.3%

• Total voters

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oracles - but we also need a OoT/Majoras Mask Collection....cant have these games stuck on 3DS, sry.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be most interested in the Oracle games but I think we might see a reimagining of The Adventure of Link first. It would feel more like a brand new game too.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
The only Zelda games that really need an update are the first two. Even LA was fine and didn't really need an update. Having said that an original game would be better than a remake to me. Just having fancy new graphics isn't that big a deal to me. Would rather a new story, setting, dungeons, puzzles, etc.
I recall only two "limitations" of the original: buttons (2 face buttons but needed to swap items), and text (slow scroll speed, prompt occured when approaching liftable object without intention). These two were very much outside the design of the game but were very annoying nonetheless. The remake fixes this, making it perfect.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there actually more people voting for Remakes over new games? What the hell is wrong with this world?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick of Zelda II getting the shaft all the time; we really need a new sidecrolling Zelda, or at least a remake of II.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
The Oracle games remade as one package is the obvious next step, as we already have the engine and lots of assets in place (it's been a while since I played them, but I recall lots of asset reuse from Link's Awakening). Getting a new audience for the Oracle games is a bonus too.

I can't help but thinking this is the best opportunity we will ever see for a The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls remake and localisation though.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
I think the next one has to be Oracle games. But ideally they would combine them into one long campaign. And I want them to include all the cut content.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I'd prefer a Zelda 2 remake in the same vein as that wonderboy remaster. Updated 2d graphics, a few qol features, but still retain those really nice combat and RPG-esque systems

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
A link between walls is an horrible ALTTP "remake/sequel". The dark world is so broken it has no charm.

I would prefer a total remake of ALTTP, with some new areas if it's possible and more life in the dark world town.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
The Oracle games were made by Capcom, no? I don't count them as mainline Zelda games and don't have much interest in them anymore.

Deleted member 59

The Oracle games are superb and deserve the same love and respect LA got with this remake.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they'd do A Link to the Past because 1) this art style would fit that game even less than it fits Link's Awakening and 2) Link's Awakening is a sequel to A Link to the Past so it would be weird to have done LA first if they had any intention of doing ALttP.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
ALBW is fine as a LTTP successor and after how Link's Awakening turned out I don't want them touching the Oracle games. They can do something else.

Rodento

Dec 28, 2017
After the ALTTP sequel and LA's remake it is time for a brand new 2D Zelda that isn't a multiplayer title and doesn't rely so much in past 2D entries.

It saddens me that ALBW has all these well designed dungeons, one of the best gimmicks in the franchise and a really great pace, but it's anchored to the situations and world of ALTTP in such a way that it diminishes its value as a proper new 2D entry. In 3DS, that "brand new 2D Zelda" was delivered in the form of Triforce Heroes, but not everyone is really interested in the level-structured multiplayer Zeldas, and instead want an adventure as in the main entries.

I would like to experience again a 2D Zelda with its own world, themes and situations, but I'm afraid that the next step could be an straight remake or an reinterpretation from both Oracles, two well designed games (at least speaking of Ages) but a bit bland in everything else in my opinion, and again we would have a rehash of past content instead of a fresh entry.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
If I had to choose out of these options, I'd go for the Oracle games. They seem like the less popular games, not many people talk about them. Personally, I want them to work on something other than Zelda. They clearly have enough talent to do their own thing.

The Frog For Whom The Bell Tolls
Secret best answer.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wonder how difficult it'd be to port OOT/MM 3D, considering the likelyhood of N64 NSO with those games for 'free' coming out before they could be ready for launch.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Link's Awakening-remake is perfect to me, but I'd really like them remake The Adventure of Link, if there is no interest in making new games. Zelda 2 would seriously benefit from many QoL-changes because the original is mostly an annoying experience.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for an original top-down Zelda, but what I want is a sequel taking place on Koholint Island. Think A Link Between Worlds.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
An A Link to the Past remake seems very redundant with A Link Between Worlds existing, and the last time we got an original game from Grezzo it was Triforce Heroes.

So, Oracle remake please.

Mama Robotnik

Gaming Scholar
Oct 27, 2017
The Oracle games were stunning - I'd support them, and in a happy dream world, the third Oracle game that we were originally denied. I mean, they have engine and the assets now, just like they had in the 1990s.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's an original game. The Oracle games feel very samey to LA already, and we had an updated game in the world of ALttP recently.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'd take the Oracles, but I honestly think the original Zelda game is more due a remake than anything else. Whether they follow what was planned for the third Oracle game (which was going to be a remake of it in itself), or find a different way of doing it.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so disappointed at the lack of Minish Cap on this list.

Sorry. I'm going literally in order of release relative to platform here. The Oracle games followed Link's Awakening on Game Boy Colour, whilst A Link To The Past preceded it - those made sense to me given that both Oracle games derived their assets from LA. I still think Minish Cap looks amazing today too.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
A new one or the 2 oracle games in the same game with maybe some of the ideas they had for the 3rd game as an extra dungeon. Of course it need the part were you had to have both games to play it.
The Frog For Whom The Bell Tolls would be also great becuase nearly nobody has played this game and it would be cool if could finally.

An A Link to the Past remake seems very redundant with A Link Between Worlds existing, and the last time we got an original game from Grezzo it was Triforce Heroes.

So, Oracle remake please.
Ok I take the new game from them back, stick with remakes if the best you can do is triforce heroes.

Last edited:

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
I'd rather a Link Between Worlds port first, prolly would take a lot less time to get out.