• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Greta Thunberg is donating $100,000 to help children affected by coronavirus pandemic | CNN

Climate activist Greta Thunberg is donating prize money she won to help fight the coronavirus pandemic and protect children from its potentially detrimental consequences.

Climate activist Greta Thunberg is donating prize money she won to help fight the coronavirus pandemic and protect children from its potentially detrimental consequences.
Human Act, a Danish worldwide development organization, recently gave Thunberg $100,000 for her global activism, but now that money will go to the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), according to a statement from the agency. Human Act has pledged to match Thunberg's donation by contributing another $100,000 to launch a campaign specifically aimed at safeguarding children's rights and welfare at this time.

The sum will support UNICEF's efforts to protect children from food shortages, strained healthcare systems, violence and lost school days, according to the release.
"I'm asking everyone to step up and join me in support of UNICEF's vital work to save children's lives, to protect health and continue education," Thunberg said

"Like the climate crisis, the coronavirus pandemic is a child-rights crisis," Thunberg added, in an online statement."It will affect all children, now and in the long-term, but vulnerable groups will be impacted the most."

Just a bit more at the link. Good stuff, though sad it's necessary.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Awesome work, hope she becomes the pointiest of thorns towards American right-wing media when she's an adult.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
What this should do is highlight how every person who makes million dollar paychecks should make donations like this.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I wonder if this will receive as many plaudits here as Jeff Bezos's and Jack Dorsey's recent, dubious philanthropic gestures?

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah? Well, Bill Gates donates literally 10,000 times that on a regular basis.

What now, environmentalists?

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
"Human Act, a Danish worldwide development organization"

CourteousUniqueFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Volimar

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I love this old gif of her as she's like, oh what's the commotion? Oh it's Trump.

oGj5kOm.gif

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah? Well, Bill Gates donates literally 10,000 times that on a regular basis.

What now, environmentalists?
I don't think they'd bring up Bill Gates right now as someone to aspire to lol.

(Though maybe they wish they could kill off the undesirables of society like that claim he is going off how they project)

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine hating this kind girl for always doing the right thing.

This is one of the few subjects I love discussing with conservatives as she drives them fucking wild. You can just mention her name unprompted and see the rage build in real time. Just asking them why she gets such a reaction from them and pressing for a response is funnier than most stand up acts for me.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's insane that when the likes of Trump, Stephen Miller, Steve Brannon, Alex Jones, Richard Spencer, Milo Y, Steve King, Tom Cotton, The entire staff of Fox News and more scumbags in positions of power and influence who deserve never ending scorn for the damage they do, Greta somehow still is vilified, hated, distrusted and even actively threatened by a stupefying amount of full grown adults for simply speaking and doing necessary activism.

Such a genuinely good person. I wish her all the best in her work.
Yep. Praying she doesn't drift to the alt-right or something when she grows up.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Praying she doesn't drift to the alt-right or something when she grows up.
With all the shit thrown at her by those bigoted monkeys, I'd be surprised if she did.

This is one of the few subjects I love discussing with conservatives as she drives them fucking wild. You can just mention her name unprompted and see the rage build in real time. Just asking them why she gets such a reaction from them and pressing for a response is funnier than most stand up acts for me.
You've gotta get video footage of that.

Conservative White Trash Goes BALLISTIC just from mentioning Greta Thunberg!

Edit: Double post

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
it's crazy how much hate this girl gets. good on her though.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
With all the shit thrown at her by those bigoted monkeys, I'd be surprised if she did.

You've gotta get video footage of that.

Conservative White Trash Goes BALLISTIC just from mentioning Greta Thunberg!

Edit: Double post

Its hilarious to me. The might be totally calm, relaxed and not at all agitated but by the time Greta exits my mouth the fire is already lit and burning hard in their eyes and once Thunberg drops its like I just threw gasoline onto the fire. I'm not sure sucker punching them would get such a dramatic and averse reaction. I guess adults being told they're not doing something right by a teenaged girl is like their ultimate trigger.