• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly have not seen Colin say anything that would be considered bigoted. If anything, he is targeted because he is the most prominent alt-right figure in a predominantly leftist industry. I've seen people here say way worse things about him then he has ever said about others.

As for awful things he's done, he's suggested a certain podcaster he didn't like was a likely mass shooter and that he should be reported to the authorities for his and others' safety and other stuff like that.

APF

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I mean, he quit Kinda Funny because he refused to apologize or even just back down for making a sexist (ie bigoted) joke...

Visuwell

Jan 22, 2019
Really? We're lavishing praise for doing what your are supposed to do? What a low bar gaming has set for itself.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly have not seen Colin say anything that would be considered bigoted. If anything, he is targeted because he is the most prominent alt-right figure in a predominantly leftist industry. I've seen people here say way worse things about him then he has ever said about others.

Richard Spencer came up with the much more palatable alt-right moniker, as opposed to neo-Nazi, precisely for people like you.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well that rules out a reunion with colin
Every time I look this dude up now and then I am always further surprised. The primary writer for one of his shows also works for known state owned propaganda site Russia Today and I've already seen one of his followers claim they'd rather get Coronavirus virus than have liberals in office.

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
Bigoted people generally not possessing enough introspection to understand that they are bigots ("I'm not racist, but..."), so you are left with a statement that is utterly toothless because very few people think they are being adressed.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry? People like me?

He's trying to say that "alt-right" was made up by Spencer as a replacement for neo-Nazi, which may or may not be true, idk... but, yeah, even though Colin has said some rather questionable things in the past, I do think people are off-base to call him a literal Nazi... and again, this is coming from someone who doesn't really like the guy.

Oct 27, 2017
510px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

I wouldn't dirty my feet.

Jul 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Excusing Bigotry
He's trying to say that "alt-right" was made up by Spencer as a replacement for neo-Nazi, which may or may not be true, idk... but, yeah, even though Colin has said some rather questionable things in the past, I do think people are off-base to call him a literal Nazi... and again, this is coming from someone who doesn't really like the guy.

I don't have much of an opinion of him myself. I've only dabbled in Kinda Funny while he was there and he just came off as pretty insightful regarding the industry. I've seen some dumb/questionable tweets from him, but to label him a bigot/racist/sexist is extreme imo. In all honesty I'm sure every one of us has said way worse things in private with friends/ family at some point in our lives. Either way, is he a great stand up dude? probably not, do I actually believe he's a racist or anywhere close to a Nazi? No.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, Greg continues being really awesome.

Fuck off dude. What's the point of this post?

Era can be a cesspool of negativity sometimes, its absolutely fine and needed to call people out in regards to certain topics but the cynicism at times is choking. Dude uses one of the most popular Podcasts currently in gaming as one of the most prominent faces among *Gaming Influences* calling xenophobic and bigoted listeners to fuck off, yes it should be common but its not especially in the gaming space yet people wanna say *YEAH WELL ITS THE BARE MINIMUM* like christ we fucking get it.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Good. I think too many of the popular channels/podcasters discussed on Era are far too soft on this sort of thing because they're worried they'll alienate viewers.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah, it's sad. But I still appreciate people saying it over and over and over again.
I mean it's not like that shouldn't be part of their mission statement. Yeah, of course tell em to fuck off. But like... is that all it fucking takes to warrant some "YEAH! GET EM!" response?

Like what does that speak worse of? How fucking cowardly (or complicit) gaming on Youtube is? Gaming culture at large? How little is expected of Kinda Funny's platform that something as basic as this warranted a "holy shit guy, you won't believe what Greg just said"?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like that shouldn't be part of their mission statement. Yeah, of course tell em to fuck off. But like... is that all it fucking takes to warrant some "YEAH! GET EM!" response?

Like what does that speak worse of? How fucking cowardly (or complicit) gaming on Youtube is? Gaming culture at large? How little is expected of Kinda Funny's platform that something as basic as this warranted a "holy shit guy, you won't believe what Greg just said"?
Yes to all.

Nevertheless, it needs to be said.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Greg step on snek?

If he wanted to actually make a point he could use his platform to name and shame fascists online, like Snakeboy.
Good. I think too many of the popular channels/podcasters discussed on Era are far too soft on this sort of thing because they're worried they'll alienate viewers.
I think Greg is a nice guy, but he once gave a passionate speech about how the majority needs to get off the bench and fight back against bigotry, only to co-host an episode of KFGD with Andrea Rene in which she vehemently defended PewDiePie and Notch for their bigotry. Going as far as to lie about the extent of their bigoted behavior, and then spin this dumb conspiracy theory about how Xbox was lying about not associating with Notch (because he's a bigot) and that it was really about how Notch probably turned them down. She steamrolled him the second he gently tried to suggest another possibility. He folded at the first sign of confrontation, just like he used to do with Colin.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era can be a cesspool of negativity sometimes, its absolutely fine and needed to call people out in regards to certain topics but the cynicism at times is choking. Dude uses one of the most popular Podcasts currently in gaming as one of the most prominent faces among *Gaming Influences* calling xenophobic and bigoted listeners to fuck off, yes it should be common but its not especially in the gaming space yet people wanna say *YEAH WELL ITS THE BARE MINIMUM* like christ we fucking get it.
I have to agree and it's also dangerous since they're public personality and more open to cyberbullying, death threats, and doxxing.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I think Greg is a nice guy, but he once gave a passionate speech about how the majority needs to get off the bench and fight back against bigotry, only to co-host an episode of KFGD with Andrea Rene in which she vehemently defended PewDiePie and Notch for their bigotry. Going as far as to lie about the extent of their bigoted behavior, and then spin this dumb conspiracy theory about how Xbox was lying about not associating with Notch (because he's a bigot) and that it was really about how Notch probably turned them down. She steamrolled him the second he gently tried to suggest another possibility. He folded at the first sign of confrontation, just like he used to do with Colin.
Oh well, then fuck him too. And PDP (I'm not spelling that ridiculous moniker). And Notch.

johnnydork

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory Drive-By Trolling
Colon Moriarty is innocent of the charges claimed ffs

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I don't have much of an opinion of him myself. I've only dabbled in Kinda Funny while he was there and he just came off as pretty insightful regarding the industry. I've seen some dumb/questionable tweets from him, but to label him a bigot/racist/sexist is extreme imo. In all honesty I'm sure every one of us has said way worse things in private with friends/ family at some point in our lives. Either way, is he a great stand up dude? probably not, do I actually believe he's a racist or anywhere close to a Nazi? No.

Still wearing those selective reading glasses I see. Well done, well done.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Did Greg even ever apologize to Bob Mackey for this tweet:

Or is he still just offering empty platitudes for PR and pats on the back?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I don't think we should harass and threaten people for what they like though, I haven't watched Sacred Symbols but it seems to be mostly about Playstation games so I don't see why this person had to edit his/her comment. That seems no different than the attitude this forum is against, shaming others