• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Progress

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling a serious discussion; misrepresenting the concerns of other users. Account still in junior phase.
Honestly, I think firing squad is the only way to go here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You know they are not going to say anything about it. They are there as hired staff for Gearbox, they are not going to go off script.
I was talking about them speaking on the matter on KFGD, not the BL3 thing. I only brought up BL3 to ask if they're even having KFGD today as a result of it, or if that event isn't happening until after KFGD.

AMAKAN93

May 5, 2018
I'm Arab-American as well and have been listening to Greg Miller's voice for close to 10 years now and I have never felt that Greg Miller was anything but a genuinely kind and caring individual. I listened to this same episode above and felt a similar disappointment to OP but I don't think either Greg's or Andrea's comments came from agreeing with PDP's and Notch's transgressions. I'm disappointed because both Greg and Andrea seemingly put their listener's, fan's, and "best friend's" feelings aside to stay PC.

I don't need Greg to publicly state that PDP and Notch are racist assholes because I understand that isn't what he does but I am sorely upset that he defended both of them.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, sorry. Misunderstood what you said. Thought you were talking about the pre-"show" they are doing right now.
Nah, you're fine, I could have worded it better. I've been kind of checked out on KF for the past few weeks due to work, so I wasn't sure what their schedule today was.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
This is my problem with this situation for sure. One wrong step and ResetERA's lynch mob comes out in droves. What they said was stupid, but let the punishment fit the fucking crime.

Way too many people here think they're judge, jury and executioner and it's both pathetic and annoying.

What punishment is this thread delivering?

I just see a thread of angry people voicing their frustrations at a pretty bad round of statements from two people whose entire job is to be informed and also depend on those viewers/listeners.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After reading that response from Trending Gamer Of The Year 2015 Greg Miller, for me it firmly put him in Boogie2988 territory. Hope he comes to the realization of why his response was bad.
He doesn't care, He defended Colin till it basically started affecting his income than dropped him but he never took him to task. I wish he would come to the realization but I don't think he will.
I'm Arab-American as well and have been listening to Greg Miller's voice for close to 10 years now and I have never felt that Greg Miller was anything but a genuinely kind and caring individual.
I don't think Greg is a bad guy but I just think that he's done this same type of thing for years now starting back with Colin and this is just par for the course now.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Borderlanda 3 thing interfering with KFGD today, or is it later in the day? I really hope Greg re-addresses this whole thing on the show today, because he needs to. Andrea needs to as well, but I know better than to expect her to admit that she's in the wrong.
he's not on the show today because he's in LA hosting the borderlands event. today's KFGD hosts are Tim and Whitta. and will go live following the BL3 post show. Can't remember if Greg will be back tomorrow or if it's not till Friday.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Woah I'm shocked that the guy who worked with Colin "I'm a huge libertarian man child" Moriarty would do this.

Shocked.
Where is my fainting couch?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
he's not on the show today because he's in LA hosting the borderlands event. today's KFGD hosts are Tim and Whitta. and will go live following the BL3 post show. Can't remember if Greg will be back tomorrow or if it's not till Friday.
Cool, thanks.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
It's quite shocking. I've never been a big fan of both anyway.

Already I couldn't stand Greg on IGN. Not that he is not funny, not my style of humor. Nothing against him.

Howevet Andrea I find her unethical. I wasn't the only one thinking that when she was often on Weekend Confirmed. She kept - inexplicably - pushing and praising Kinect. That was bizarre and suspicious. So I was never a fan.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Good on Greg for responding, even if it didn't totally clear everyone's conscious. No one is perfect, like he said. Having listened to Greg for years, I know without a doubt that he's a good dude. He does not condone hate of any kind. Despite what people got from that episode.

If anything, it feels like he was walking on egg-shells with Andrea in the episode. He was trying to stand his ground, but at the same time, he didn't want to start attacking his friend. I think he should have taken a stand. But I guess I understand why he didn't want to start that fight live on the air.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Greg's statement is horseshit too. "Notch seems like an asshole."

Also, saying "fuck being a bigot" is easy. Notice how he still avoids saying Notch is a bigot? Or PDP?

Weaselly statement.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think your arguments to say it's impossible are very strong. I do still think she could easily be ignorant of the worst things notch has said, but I don't think it's an excuse. If she wasn't ignorant or doubles down though, it's pretty unforgivable to downplay that stuff. I mean, look at the example tweets posted above.
She isn't ignorant. She called the stuff he says wacky, she follows him on the very platform in which he posts that stuff, she can list off fact about his personal life. You'd have to be the most credulous person ever to think after that that she miraculously managed to not see a single thing that guy has said while doing enough research on him to be able to talk about his personal life off the cusp. Like come on.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have to be ignorant or arguing in bad faith to defend Notch. Notch is a shit head and shit head's shouldn't be celebrated. If Notch had stayed on Minecraft that game would've died years ago.

Also fuck PDP that guy is straight up an alt-right Youtuber now. The only people I know personally that watch him are the same ones who watch Joe Rogan and talk way too much about Ben Shapiro.

So yeah, kind of disappointed to see KFG handwave them when their influence (esp PDP) is probably the one of the biggest concerns in gaming culture right now.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding intolerant rhetoric and antagonizing other members across multiple posts
I just see a thread of angry people voicing their frustrations at a pretty bad round of statements from two people whose entire job is to be informed and also depend on those viewers/listeners.
26 pages later lol. Not many threads make it that far. People just love a dog-pile. I've seen it many times on ERA. Most of it isn't even constructive. Mostly amounts to calling them scumbags, nazis, send 'em to the firing squad, etc. It gets pretty damn embarrassing sometimes.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
She isn't ignorant. She called the stuff he says wacky, she follows him on the very platform in which he posts that stuff, she can list off fact about his personal life. You'd have to be the most credulous person ever to think after that that she miraculously managed to not see a single thing that guy has said while doing enough research on him to be able to talk about his personal life off the cusp. Like come on.
Again, I don't think that's a reasonable argument that proves beyond doubt that she was indeed fully aware of the worst things he posted. Following him on twitter doesn't mean she read his entire feed, her having read a headline that said he's a conspiracy theorist and not having read into it is a perfectly reasonable assumption. Again, not an excuse, but that's the assumption I'm choosing to make. If she was fully aware of everything he said and calls it wacky, I agree it's unforgivable. If she was ignorant of it, her handwaving is bad and should be apologized for, and lessons should be learned from it, but it would at least show that she's not a terrible person who legitimately thinks notch's worst tweets are only "wacky".

And to be clear, your assumption that she did know isn't unreasonable either. We just don't actually know the truth. And everything else I know about Andrea makes me feel like it's quite likely she was thoroughly misinformed and reacted in accordance to the little she knew.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Most of it isn't even constructive. Mostly amounts to calling them scumbags, nazis, send 'em to the firing squad, etc. It gets pretty damn embarrassing sometimes.

Congratulations on picking a few random posts, some of them obvious troll posts, and claiming that all 1000+ posts in this thread are representative of that.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
This is my problem with this situation for sure. One wrong step and ResetERA's lynch mob comes out in droves. What they said was stupid, but let the punishment fit the fucking crime.

Way too many people here think they're judge, jury and executioner and it's both pathetic and annoying.

Typically, these convos involve various opinions, but many of you tend to ignore that and start up with the tired ass resetera generalizations and complaints about outrage or mob culture. You had nothing else to contribute other than using this as a chance to generalize and talk shit about the forum that you're also a part of?

Last edited:

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
26 pages later lol. Not many threads make it that far. People just love a dog-pile. I've seen it many times on ERA. Most of it isn't even constructive. Mostly amounts to calling them scumbags, nazis, send 'em to the firing squad, etc. It gets pretty damn embarrassing sometimes.
It's embarrassing that people are calling them out for hand waving noted bigots? Huh....

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations on picking a few random posts, some of them obvious troll posts, and claiming that all 1000+ of them represent the thread.
I mean, it's a trend. I've seen our community attack people for dozens of pages for horrible reasons. I'm not saying there's no good content in here. And that they don't deserve criticism - they absolutely do. You just can't tell me that this isn't a dog-pile at this point.

It's embarrassing that people are calling them out for hand waving noted bigots? Huh....
It's obviously more nuanced than that. Especially when you consider Greg's response.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
I mean, it's a trend. I've seen our community attack people for dozens of pages for horrible reasons. I'm not saying there's no good content in here. And that they don't deserve criticism - they absolutely do. You just can't tell me that this isn't a dog-pile at this point.

But not specifically of the posts you picked out, considering the firing squad one was an obvious troll who immediately got banned for posting it.

So your post is disingenuous as hell, and only serving to handwave away the criticism of Greg and Andrea for, let me remind you, essentially handwaving away both notch and PDP's repeated and noted racism/sexism/bigotry. If this is your definition of a dogpile then holding anyone to even the slightest of standards is absolutely fucked.

It's obviously more nuanced than that. Especially when you consider Greg's response.

It really isn't, Greg has a history of putting foot in mouth and apologizing for it later because he wants to try and keep the peace with everybody and is afraid to confront them directly at risk of his business. It only took a serious threat to the health of KF as a business for Colin to finally get the boot years after it likely should have happened.

If Greg wants us to believe he's actually sorry he has to show it, not just write apologies after the fact that seem to imply he may not actually understand what he did wrong.

Last edited:

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
These two are as dumb as rocks, and I'm incredibly suspicious of anyone that has friends like Colin Moriarty or Andrea Rene after reading that transcript.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Would you care to point out examples of dogpiling? Actual dogpiling, and not just posters agreeing on a thing that you might not agree on.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The only embarrassing thing is you constantly coming into threads about actual issues and posting cowardly shit like this without being banned for threadshitting.

edit: AMAZIN

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
But not specifically of the posts you picked out, considering the firing squad one was an obvious troll who immediately got banned for posting it.

So your post is disingenuous as hell, and only serving to handwave away the criticism of Greg and Andrea for, let me remind you, essentially handwaving away both notch and PDP's repeated and noted racism/sexism/bigotry. If this is your definition of a dogpile then holding anyone to even the slightest of standards is absolutely fucked.

You can see my post on the issue below. I don't condone the hand-waving. It's a nuanced conversation. I just see this trend of the community attacking people without giving them a chance to breathe way too much. I mean we can go through the thread and find every unwarranted insult, if you want.

Good on Greg for responding, even if it didn't totally clear everyone's conscious. No one is perfect, like he said. Having listened to Greg for years, I know without a doubt that he's a good dude. He does not condone hate of any kind. Despite what people got from that episode.

If anything, it feels like he was walking on egg-shells with Andrea in the episode. He was trying to stand his ground, but at the same time, he didn't want to start attacking his friend. I think he should have taken a stand. But I guess I understand why he didn't want to start that fight live on the air.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Notic-Hetero-Tweet-600x551.jpg

I'm so proud of having an easy life!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Something is embarrassing alright.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I Think Notch is an idiot. Are you saying that if your heterosexual you some how get an easy life? LMAO Are there no straight white homeless people? Or drug addicts? give me a break.

I think the poster was suggesting that as far as sexuality goes, by comparison, heterosexual people have an easy life. Which is entirely accurate.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
I Think Notch is an idiot. Are you saying that if your heterosexual you some how get an easy life? LMAO Are there no straight white homeless people? Or drug addicts? give me a break.
This is utterly disingenuous. He's saying heterosexuality is the norm and so poses no additional challenge in life. The same cannot be said for other sexualities, hence the celebratory days.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well I don't blame him for wanting to make money, being a beacon of morality isn't going to pay his bills. He very much knows Notch and Pewdie Pie are scum. He says several times he's bad, he even mentions they covered it in the past.

i remember Greg treating Colin the same way he treated the Andrea bit with Notch.

Giving the person every possible opportunity to walk shit back, multiple openings to do so, and they just keep digging a deeper hole. I mean he kept saying "notch" and "transphobic" in the same sentence multiple times and she just wasn't seeing the rope he was trying to save her with.

The Pewdie Pie shit is inexcusable, I don't even follow anything about him yet I know he leans hard reich Nazi shit

This is his job and his passion. I don't think anyone begrudges him making money..I don't. What rubs me wrong is the hypocricy. Always being an "aww shucks we are just here for the best friends" attitude that to me clashes with the near constant push for more money more money more money. The multiple patreons for the same people, how they push and expand the business all while pushing for more money, that he had ZERO issues with Colin until that tweet affected the business, now this. Like I said, I don't think he is a bigot, I think he is concerned about one thing. Making his money and business grow and will only change when those things are affected.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
"my family disowned me cause I came out as straight"
"i can't find a job cause I like vaginas"
"my boss fired me cause I have a girlfriend"
"i turned to drugs cause society won't accept my heterosexuality"

Sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV

Thanks for posting this. I get so angry when I read threads like this one. Not just at the people being attacked, but at the attackers, too. I was going through a few pages thinking how differently this whole thing would play out if active participation was required to voice an opinion. Like when one doesn't like something about the actions of local government, they can voice their opinions by going to a town hall meeting. The very act of signing up, committing to a time, sitting in the crowd, standing up, speaking your point (if you've taken the time to think it out), and being heard AND seen holds so much more weight to me than people trading blows on a forum. Or liking something. Or canceling something. Or laughably 'blocking' something so you don't have to see something disagreeable.

Forming a thought and voicing it takes real consideration and, most importantly, bravery to show your real face. Be heard in all the anger or frustration or agony of your REAL voice. Hell, i'd be impressed if any of you even made a video blog showing your anger of a thing.

So this article made me smile inside because, in many ways, this was really a representation of many of YOU on this message board...without the full cycle of self reflection that Kyle Korver took the time to meditate upon.

So many of you claim to be on the right side of history with your vilifications of a thing, and your eternal posturing about a person being bad in a case, centrist here, or outright evil there. Many of you refuse to accept that you're likely the same as Kyle was, too. In public, "Down with Racism", but in private, "...ehhh...Maybe but..."

Anyway, i'm just posting this to ask everyone to actually read the article at the link. Digest it. think about it. Then look at yourselves.

It's a fantastic article. Deeply personal.

Oct 25, 2017
I am completely over the whole ignorance angle truth be told.

The year is 2019. Gamergate happened. Google is a thing. Do some basic fucking research before spouting shit.

You get absolutely no benefit of the doubt what so ever. A defense that rests on you being an ignorant idiot isn't particularly convincing when it's the go to excuse for almost everyone these days.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Forming a thought and voicing it takes real consideration and, most importantly, bravery to show your real face. Be heard in all the anger or frustration or agony of your REAL voice. Hell, i'd be impressed if any of you even made a video blog showing your anger of a thing.

You have absolutely no idea what the people in this thread, or this forum, do in their own time and writing this post as if everyone in this thread is just hiding behind the veneer of forum posting so they can look "woke" and not have to actually do anything is both insulting and disingenuous.

We're writing this shit here because this is in fact, an avenue for Greg to read something. He himself responded in this thread, we know that this is an avenue to have our voice/opinion heard, even if ultimately he chooses to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.