• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you lead with those stories and not dig a bit more into their histories or bring somebody in that is familiar with their histories to make for a more informed discussion? Instead, it sounds like they do a lot of "Gosh, I'm not sure why this stuff keeps happening to these two fine gentlemen because success makes things so gosh darn complicated!" handwaving of their responsibility for curating news topics to discuss. It's okay to not cover it if you're not interested in being prepared for it.

I get Greg's part of this because he protected Colin for a long time until he broke the last straw and got pushed out to save the KF brand. I don't know about Andrea's history on this stuff.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
I'm just going to say, seeing a bunch of people dunking on that person being blatantly crappy in response to what I said is incredibly heart warming, and not something I'm really familiar with at all being on twitter all day. Its nice to see people actually stand up and point out and actually....I dunno, feel a bit safer and backed up than normal.

Thanks <3

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
They both frequent this site. Kinda funny games daily walk back or double down incoming......

But hey. I'm a person of color and I don't always agree with what Andrea says(Ed boon on MT, Anthem isn't that bad) but I'm not so sure that she's trying to stir up controversy. I think her stance, especially as a female game enthusiast, a rarity in the games commentary industry, is she feels some of these issues are projecting. MS is saying, "what notch tweeted is intolerable. So much so he can't be at the anniversary of his own game" can come off as highly specific and a bit disingenuous when they have James Woods all up in their KH3 and never spoke out against SE or ever. It's honestly seems like "Gunngate" but since it's a notionalist view it's okay to ostracize someone who made those snide comments. I think her stance is against Gunngate type of pushing public figures to miss out on opportunities they have worked hard for because the public is ready to mob up. I'm a person of color(black man) so I know how messed up the world can be and the white nationalism is built to deprive people that look like me of the same privileges as white folks. I'm not out to oust anyone who doesn't share my beliefs and instead choose to surround myself with others who think like I do ( like Era) and avoid those who don't instead of actively seeking to deplatform them and public shame them and everyone who supports them because all that does is energize and Mobilize the other side. It's why trump won, it's why people like PDP can play the victim and his base gets all riled up and starts harassing folks. We out here tryna fight fire with fire boys.

I think this is more in line with Andrea's stances on the last couple topical issues. "Don't tell me I need to be mad about this thing when I'm not and just because I'm not mad doesn't mean I support this stuff either" that's seems to be her approach. While I don't agree with it. She has the right to feel that way without having a thread popped up geared to single her out and dogpile her.

In a way I'm saying can't we all just get along? Andrea and Greg are dismissive of something you don't care for. Do we really need shine a spotlight on it? If so, go ahead by all means. It's just my two cents.

And fuck PDP btw and I don't even know or care to know Notch. This is my stance,l now and has always been.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Here is a quick and dirty edit for you to enjoy.

unknown.png

This works too well.

Lol

Tidus

Oct 25, 2017
The stuff they were saying was completely irresponsible but my god people let's calm down a moment and see what they may have to say first. People are already in here calling them despicable human beings... Like wtf. Relax.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Sounds about white.

To be fair to both of them, they're not the first in this industry to handwave racism and bigotry. I've seen some disappointing takes from almost everyone, GB and EZA included. I wish they'd just shut the fuck up on topics they can't be bothered to look into.
GB? What did they say?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I find it odd that people wanna throw hands at Greg and KindaFunny considering how they handled Colin doing what he did back in the day

A fuckup is a fuckup but it sure feels like people were just waiting to get the knife out

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greg dropped the ball by not outright calling out PDP and Notch full stop but it's very clear he's very liberal in everything that counts. From the looks of some of you I'm afraid you'd begin a campaign to "cancel" Kinda Funny and I wouldn't want that.

So he slipped, I'm not excusing him but nobody's perfect. If i only got all my entertainment strictly from people who only thought exactly like me I'd be in for a shitty experience.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it odd that people wanna throw hands at Greg and KindaFunny considering how they handled Colin doing what he did back in the day

A fuckup is a fuckup but it sure feels like people were just waiting to get the knife out
Bingo! Sometimes that's how I feel Era is all the time and I don't like to feel like that's the case.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
As a white guy I totally support the phrase caucasity. I also support Remij as being labeled as such going forward.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I stop following her when she started being friendly with a certain Colin M.

Meanwhile, he always rubbed me the wrong way. Sometimes a bit unfairly - I know he's not always as obnoxious as he seems - but... also, this sure doesn't deviate from what I expected of him at all.

So I'm not exactly shocked, just annoyed that such people have the following they have while spouting such obviously wrong shit. You have smart friends, I hope they get your asses in line.

Tidus

Oct 25, 2017

Im saying lol. Some of y'all have some pent up hatred lol.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe tomorrow they will clarify their positions or offer an apology. I would not expect Greg or Andrea to harbor these opinions. Sometimes you get on a train of thought when recording and you cannot adequately handle a topic without completely derailing the show. This type of topic is not something to just casually bring up as part of your daily news, it needs to be a long and nuanced discussion. If it turns out they really do feel this way then that's a real shame, they were two people I generally enjoyed in this industry.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
so, she's uninformed. & he's admittedly uniformed. so what in the hell is the point of 2 people discussing 2 situations about which neither is well-informed?! seriously. what can you possibly accomplish, other than further muddying the water? i mean, is it just sheer arrogance? :) ...

The crux of personality-driven networks like Kinda Funny and many others is that the audience doesn't necessarily want to hear articulated positions on topics so much as raw reactions--it doesn't matter if those reactions are half-assed or uninformed or plain wrong, or even completely manufactured.

That's not to say they can always get away with wishywashy apologia like this conversation, but if a gutless dope like Greg Miller was willing to broach the topic at all then it's because they knew they'd gain something from it, not matter how worthless their commentary may be.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You mean decidedly not firing him or ever calling out his damaging shit ever again? They didn't handle it at all, they let him leave on his own terms and retain a lot of their fucking base in doing so just so he could make his trash videos and leech off the same patrons.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You caught us. We were waiting for Greg to defend PDP and Notch.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe tomorrow they will clarify their positions or offer an apology. I would not expect Greg or Andrea to harbor these opinions. Sometimes you get on a train of thought when recording and you cannot adequately handle a topic without completely derailing the show. This type of topic is not something to just casually bring up as part of your daily news, it needs to be a long and nuanced discussion. If it turns out they really do feel this way then that's a real shame, they were two people I generally enjoyed in this industry.

Do you need a long and nuanced to discussion to acknowledge Notch is a shitheel?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

This mentality that someone can only be entirely good or entirely bad is just obnoxious. Neither Greg or Andrea are "shitty people". Reserve comments like that for people who are actually shitty and not for people who've made uninformed comments. Nothing Greg or Andrea have done suggest that they're in any way hateful people. Quite the opposite actually.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean decidedly not firing him or ever calling out his damaging shit ever again? They didn't handle it at all, they let him leave on his own terms and retain a lot of their fucking base in doing just so he could make his trash videos and leech off the same patrons.

Yeah, I was going to say they've never publicly denounced him. In fact the tone at his exit was "oh were still friends and he will still be around"

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm unaware of either of these two personalities, but it seems I'm not missing much. They both seem very ignorant and callous, in particular this Rene woman is putting up a very a shallow defense for extremely disgusting behavior.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean decidedly not firing him or ever calling out his damaging shit ever again? They didn't handle it at all, they let him leave on his own terms and retain a lot of their fucking base in doing just so he could make his trash videos and leech off the same patrons.
exactly

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
The stuff they were saying was completely irresponsible but my god people let's calm down a moment and see what they may have to say first. People are already in here calling them despicable human beings... Like wtf. Relax.
This is my stance. And honestly Andrea has been taking a real combative approach to controversy as of late. Seems she is tired of parts of the community telling her "you need to be mad about this" going by her standoff-ish remarks regard the Anthem and MK 11 controversies. She just picked a bad topic to be standoff-ish about this week. Let's put down the pitchforks and let her respond before trying to knock and delegitimization the hard work she puts in. No cap.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So...two white people are trying to protect casual racism?
Nothing casual about it.
They both frequent this site. Kinda funny games daily walk back or double down incoming......

But hey. I'm a person of color and I don't always agree with what Andrea says(Ed boon on MT, Anthem isn't that bad) but I'm not so sure that she's trying to stir up controversy. I think her stance, especially as a female game enthusiast, a rarity in the games commentary industry, is she feels some of these issues are projecting. MS is saying, "what notch tweeted is intolerable. So much so he can't be at the anniversary of his own game" can come off as highly specific and a bit disingenuous when they have James Woods all up in their KH3 and never spoke out against SE or ever. It's honestly seems like "Gunngate" but since it's a notionalist view it's okay to ostracize someone who made those snide comments. I think her stance is against Gunngate type of pushing public figures to miss out on opportunities they have worked hard for because the public is ready to mob up. I'm a person of color(black man) so I know how messed up the world can be and the white nationalism is built to deprive people that look like me of the same privileges as white folks. I'm not out to oust anyone who doesn't share my beliefs and instead choose to surround myself with others who think like I do ( like Era) and avoid those who don't instead of actively seeking to deplatform them and public shame them and everyone who supports them because all that does is energize and Mobilize the other side. It's why trump won, it's why people like PDP can play the victim and his base gets all riled up and starts harassing folks. We out here tryna fight fire with fire boys.

I think this is more in line with Andrea's stances on the last couple topical issues. "Don't tell me I need to be mad about this thing when I'm not and just because I'm not mad doesn't mean I support this stuff either" that's seems to be her approach. While I don't agree with it. She has the right to feel that way without having a thread popped up geared to single her out and dogpile her.

In a way I'm saying can't we all just get along? Andrea and Greg are dismissive of something you don't care for. Do we really need shine a spotlight on it? If so, go ahead by all means. It's just my two cents.

And fuck PDP btw and I don't even know or care to know Notch. This is my stance,l now and has always been.
No.. just no to about everything in this post. Deplatforming works. Trump didn't win because progressives were being mean to racists, he won because people are racist, bigoted, selfish, idiotic shitgibbons. Being civil is overrated and doesn't work.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

It depends on what you mean by "what he did", though? Cause obviously I appreciate that Colin is nowhere near KF but, well.

I think it's not unfair of me to still have been sideyeing Greg for all the "why can't we all be friends :(" stuff he pulled at anyone who was critical of Colin before the one time he crossed Greg's line. That's been my lasting impression of him, even if they eventually split.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Do do this every podcast? They don't look into the topics they're going to discuss, then they play ignorant not realizing that they're actually extremely ignorant?

They both are really dumb here. I took the time to watch the 25 or so minutes of them discussing these two characters.They say so little with so many words.

They're ignorant, both of them. I'm going to say Andrea is the more ignorant one since she just sorta doesn't care to talk about Notch's racism and transphobia. She wants to focus on how corporations are just saying what they need to make sure their image is protected. It's big old "fucking duh" so there's not much to talk about.

They shouldn't be hosting anything without someone on their who is actually knowledgeable.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
You mean decidedly not firing him or ever calling out his damaging shit ever again? They didn't handle it at all, they let him leave on his own terms and retain a lot of their fucking base in doing so just so he could make his trash videos and leech off the same patrons.

Lmao yeah, for a second there I thought I had stepped into an alternate universe where Greg's handling of Colin was considered anything but poor.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

It's the same reason people have knives out for Fallon. Their content is just brain dead 'everything is awesome' sludge for an audience of chuds.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dude was best friends with Colin and would probably still be working with him had Colin not wanted to go on to "greener pastures". These guys were FRIENDS! Given what a piece of shit Colin was, I'm sure Greg knew about his views the entire time. He's just another shitty middle of the road Boogie type at best. I said it in this thread already, he's spineless and this is a problem.

There's clearly a history with being complacent about stuff like this. It's gross.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This mentality that someone can only be entirely good or entirely bad is just obnoxious. Neither Greg or Andrea are "shitty people". Reserve comments like that for people who are actually shitty and not for people who've made uninformed comments. Nothing Greg or Andrea have done suggest that they're in any way hateful people. Quite the opposite actually.
I dunno about Greg, but if you're going to try and hand wave the shit said by Notch then you are most definitely a shithead.

May 18, 2018

Greg dropped the ball by not outright calling out PDP and Notch full stop but it's very clear he's very liberal in everything that counts. From the looks of some of you I'm afraid you'd begin a campaign to "cancel" Kinda Funny and I wouldn't want that.

So he slipped, I'm not excusing him but nobody's perfect. If i only got all my entertainment strictly from people who only thought exactly like me I'd be in for a shitty experience.
Im saying lol. Some of y'all have some pent up hatred lol.

And here it is. Like I said, they're white and will get the benefit of the doubt every time. And "canceling"? LMAO No one wants them cancelled because we all know they won't ever get cancelled.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I'm unaware of either of these two personalities, but it seems I'm not missing much. They both seem very ignorant and callous, in particular this Rene woman is putting up a very a shallow defense for extremely disgusting behavior.
"I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to spout an opinion anyway" is exactly what they're being accused of here, so how do you get to castigate them for it when you're doing the exact same thing?

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Nothing and I mean nothing.....Execpt the SUBJECT OF THE THREAD THEM DEFENDING RACIST BEHAVOIR other than that nothing.....nothing

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing bigoted rhetoric and previous severe infractions
It depends on what you mean by "what he did", though? Cause obviously I appreciate that Colin is nowhere near KF but, well.

I think it's not unfair of me to still have been sideyeing Greg for all the "why can't we all be friends :(" stuff he pulled at anyone who was critical of Colin before the one time he crossed Greg's line. That's been my lasting impression of him, even if they eventually split.

Ill truly never understand the ridiculous hatred towards Colin. There's some actual terrible people out there that rightfully deserve criticism like notch and PDP, but im sorry Colin really isn't one of them.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the comments in this thread seem to suggest it.
Nah, they don't, people are just calling out harmful ignorance when they see it from what I can see, and you're handwaving the call outs as outrage culture just like the ignorant individuals in question handwaved homophobia, transphobia, and racism.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
them being dismissive of of this shit don't quite the same weight as them being dismissive of Flamin' Hot Cheetos, ya?
Yea I guess. I'm more so trying to give Andrea and chance more so then Greg. Greg always came off as a guy who don't give a damn about anything but his games. Tone-deaf if you will.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

greg put bob mackey on blast for calling out CM and did nothing as greg's fans harassed bob. thanks but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.