• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
rtHxx1D.gif

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder the soonest we can see this drop. Probably won't be ready for the May launch. It seems like HBO Max doesn't have a big original title available at launch.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
gotta love the people bringing up old ass comic book storylines to condemn Halloween, I get people dont want Halloween, but it's not like that story has had any relevance for 20 years.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If you mean Hal, that is not the only storyline is a shit character.
Yeah every comic character has questionable storylines, but they usually has tons of stuff to countter it. Barry Allen, Carol Danvers, Ted Kord, and Hal Jordan. The bad stuff is what everyone remembers because honestly there isn't anything else worth remembring

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Unless I misread one of the posts, the rumor also mentions the possibility of Green Lantern also being shared between DCU & HBO Max like Doom Patrol is.
Doom Patrol is the only DCU original that will be on both. Second deal is being produced by both to share the budget costs, same thing would probably happen to Green Lantern.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah every comic character has questionable storylines, but they usually has tons of stuff to countter it. Barry Allen, Carol Danvers, Ted Kord, and Hal Jordan. The bad stuff is what everyone remembers because honestly there isn't anything else worth remembring

Agree on Carol and Hal. Barry is not my favorite speeder but he is not on the same level of the others. I always remember Kord from his duo with Booster Gold in JLI that was golden.

Edited: but both BB and Booster Gold separated are really terrible.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Agree on Carol and Hal. Barry is not my favorite speeder but he is not on the same level of the others. I always remember Kord from his duo with Booster Gold in JLI that was golden.

Edited: but both BB and Booster Gold separated are really terrible.
Ted Kord was my private joke at how everyone became a fan after Max Lord installed a skylight for his brain. Barry is just boring, beige paint on cememt boring. That is why they always gives him Wally West's personality when they do live action

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I really don't know why Berlanti hasn't been put in charge of the movies yet. Everything the guy touches seems to turn to gold as long as it has superheroes in it and he's responsible for like a dozen shows at this point.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Leaker guy here, Doom Patrol S1 budget is indeed 11 million an episode. They mostly spent it on sets.

It's not that high tbh. Titans is 8 million an episode, Swamp Thing is around 6-7 million and Stargirl is around 10 million.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Also sorry for the double post but for the people worrying about Berlanti's involvement with Green Lantern: Don't worry. He almost never actually writes and when he does, his shit is good. He's responsible for Arrow S1 & S2 and The first season of Flash.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Best trick Justice League the animated series ever did was fooled people into think John was interesting

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Kord was my private joke at how everyone became a fan after Max Lord installed a skylight for his brain. Barry is just boring, beige paint on cememt boring. That is why they always gives him Wally West's personality when they do live action

No one was a fan of Booster Gold either. You were a fan of both or neither. But I'm also not in favor of this "forgettable characters" nonsense. You're forgettable until someone writes you and makes you interesting.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I just made my account here a few days ago to respond to a thread about my leak haha

Stargirl is still going to be on DC Universe but they seem to also want to air it on The CW.

I am not saying that they are going to move Stargirl to the CW, that rumor is false. It will stay on DC Universe but also air on the CW.

Mind you I'm not 100% certain about this, all I know for certain is that Stargirl will still air on DC Universe.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just made my account here a few days ago to respond to a thread about my leak haha

Stargirl is still going to be on DC Universe but they seem to also want to air it on The CW.

I am not saying that they are going to move Stargirl to the CW, that rumor is false. It will stay on DC Universe but also air on the CW.

Mind you I'm not 100% certain about this, all I know for certain is that Stargirl will still air on DC Universe.

haha cool!

I'm looking forward to Stargirl, looks like I will be renewing my DC Universe account.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...in the context of the show he was lol. Wouldn't be the first time DCTV turned a boring character interesting.
I shit on John, but he was great in mosaic. But then again WB will never have him enlist a bunch of kids, give them green lantern rings and have them help him hunt down the KKK
33417-4742-37313-1-green-lantern-mosai.jpg

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State