• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eventually, they'll hire a Feige-esque producer who has the intelligence to get a group of writers and directors together, show them a reel of clips from the 90s DCAU and say, "We're going to do this. But in live action."
Knowing who to hire is a underrated skill

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What show is Cyborg on?
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2Fdoom1.jpg

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The Question show...HOLY FUCK

Inspired by Denny's run....now we're cooking with gas

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Another corny ass cw style show smh. Tho i imagine the budget will be higher for this one

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
For a moment I really thought this was going to be another Green Arrow TV series from Greg Berlanti, but on HBO.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I still find it pretty amusing that The Joker was once Superboy

Superboy was great when I was a kid, I've never revisited it outside a couple episodes I had on tape but still haven't seen those in a really long time, dunno if I'd want to watch it again, imagine nostalgia would save it. Especially with the low budget nature of it.
Another corny ass cw style show smh. Tho i imagine the budget will be higher for this one
Have you seen Doom Patrol? If it's not on CW and has no ties to any CW show it's not going to be "CW style".

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Also the guy who gave us Doom Patrol and Titans
While not quite as good as those two shows, Black Lightning's pretty great too.

I think those ended up good despite Berlanti and because of the main staff involved. So hopefully its a similar situation with Lantern.
Riiight. "Those don't count because reasons." List wars logic strikes again.

If Titans and Doom Patrol are any indication, I'm in for Green Lantern and all those other rumoured DCU/HBO Max shows. Hopefully Netflix picks up the international distribution for most of them though because it doesn't sound like the morons at WB have any interest in expanding their services worldwide.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Don't even know the budget and there's already budget complaints.

It's an HBO TV show about a c-list character that had an unintentionally hilarious bomb within recent memory. I am not trying to be testy but I don't think it's a stretch to assume HBO/Warner isn't planning to throw money at this thing if it gets off the ground.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Horrible idea. Green Lantern is not easy to adapt and demands a huge budget to even be good. And they're going to space with it? From the arrowverse guy? Not expecting anything good to come out of it but would be glad if they proved me wrong

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's an HBO TV show about a c-list character that had an unintentionally hilarious bomb within recent memory. I am not trying to be testy but I don't think it's a stretch to assume HBO/Warner isn't planning to throw money at this thing if it gets off the ground.
At the very least you will see DCU budget. I'd probably go with the swamp thing budget because it's a pet project from the guy that is the heart of dc tv. From what I've seen, i have faith that he can pull it off. Besides since it's being tethered to hbomax, they should have more to work with.

Horrible idea. Green Lantern is not easy to adapt and demands a huge budget to even be good. And they're going to space with it? From the arrowverse guy? Not expecting anything good to come out of it but would be glad if they proved me wrong

Yes from the same guy that gave us one of the best comic book shows ever.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh I missed this, this is sweet

They've basically said they can't do Diggle-GL but they would if they could and this explains why

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Well, first of all it's an HBOMAX original, not and HBO show(there's a difference). And with how much money Disney is spending on Star Wars and Marvel shows, I don't think we have to worry about budget problems anymore.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Berlanti produces a lot more than just the Arrowverse shows. Dude's a production juggernaut.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
the best thing this dude has created is Everwood.

all this cape shit sucks, either immediately or eventually.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well, first of all it's an HBOMAX original, not and HBO show(there's a difference). And with how much money Disney is spending on Star Wars and Marvel shows, I don't think we have to worry about budget problems anymore.

If this gets made I hope you're right. The thought of a budget Green Lantern show does not sound appealing.