• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I got an email about this. I dont get any discount just adding to cart but using code NEW10 for standard edition or NEW12 for deluxe/ super deluxe knocks 10/12% off respectively

Puts super deluxe to just below £75 for me

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna reply individually to everyone but I swear some of you are transparent as heck.

From 'EGS doesn't allow third party site sales!' To 'lol no discount? What's the point?' To '10%? Pfft that's nothing.' Just say you hate the EGS and nothing they do will change your mind despite them taking away this list of complaints against their service.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you live in Argentina or another country like that. If you do, then all you get is this:

POH6xtZ.png

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna reply individually to everyone but I swear some of you are transparent as heck.

From 'EGS doesn't allow third party site sales!' To 'lol no discount? What's the point?' To '10%? Pfft that's nothing.' Just say you hate the EGS and nothing they do will change your mind despite them taking away this list of complaints against their service.
I mean 10% is nothing compared to other offerings in the same store lol

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

Now now, that's not fair.

I'll stop criticising EGS when it has pricing, features, curation, and exclusivity policies similar to Steam.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
If it helps I had to start going through the checkout process for it to pop

I'm also GMG VIP if that matters
Nothing. I think I am VIP cause I see some game's with VIP badge on them top left.

Maybe because it's already regionally priced for me, but steam games on gmg give me discount with regionally priced games.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Considering the way you're getting mad, I feel like you're the one being transparent here. If you've been following the whole thing, people haven't been moving goalposts. From the very first day, people talked about:
-3rd party sites
-Offering a substantial discount (20-25%)

And these are one of the MANY criticism people have.

But I forgive you, you're here for console warring. Have fun^^

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Imagine you writing this while multiple people in this thread can't get GMG to provide a discount for the game.

Couldn't wait to post your diatribe before reading right? You are projecting pretty hard right now.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bonus Vivaldi appreciation thread.

Who else has an ultra wide display and uses a sidebar of Twitter and other similar sites, because I do.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
yo cut that fucking shit out I have no patience for that, if y'all wanna fight go somewhere else

Bonus Vivaldi appreciation thread.

Who else has an ultra wide display and uses a sidebar of Twitter and other similar sites, because I do.

I got a 4K big boi and I went from like 8 tabs to 1

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
On GMG

With Discount

People still complaining. lol.
Because it's not discounted for everyone?

It's showing up at the RRP of £49.99 with no discount even if I add to cart, meaning this is still a crap situation for me. I can usually get Steam keys(or hell even uplay keys) for £35-£40 from other online key retailers.

Oct 27, 2017
Tried again and still no discount, either it is on a per country basis, Wario got it wrong (unlikely), or discount will roll out slowly.

Mudface90210

Oct 29, 2017

No discount for me, a VIP member in the UK- after proceeding to payment it stays at £49.99. As others have said, 'what's the point?'

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
It's nice to see them offering keys on different sites. Not interested in Borderlands whatsoever, but stopped pre-ordering games months in advance.

I would rather wait on feedback , since GMG doesn't do refunds once keys have been refunded. it's got to take more than 10% to make me bite.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They still dont allow free key generation or Devs themselves to sell outside their store without them being involved (hence why Humble Bundle had to "enter a partnership" with EGS to sell keys. You know, things that directly affect price and availability?
Like did you get amnesia and forgot that World War Z was removed from GMG? And where the fuck is The Division 2, a game Epic paid to remove from every single third party store?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
They still dont allow free key generation or Devs themselves to sell outside their store without them being involved (hence why Humble Bundle had to "enter a partnership" with EGS to sell keys. You know, things that directly affect price and availability?
Like did you get amnesia and forgot that World War Z was removed from GMG? And where the fuck is The Division 2, a game Epic paid to remove from every single third party store?

It doesn't count blablabla EGS hatred blablabla

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
With 10% margins, there's hardly any discount to be had from third party sellers. This was one of my main beefs with the EGS because I'm sure it's good for the publishers but as a consumer, I am probably going to end up paying more for games.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Rarely ? Most of the time it's between 15 to 25% off. Especially on bigger releases. Yakuza Kiwami 2 for instance is between 15 to 20% off.
Vampire the Masquerade 2 can even be had for over 20% off.

Huh, guess I need to expand my searches or else I'm misremembering what they did for Yakuza 0, which I thought was only 10%.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Does anywhere do 20% off on preorders? I rarely see much lower than 10%

Green Man Gaming offers 20 to 25% off pre orders regularly. Heck I received 32% off for Tropico 6 pre order. You have to watch though because sometimes the extra discounts are VIP discounts up for a couple days or a week. Typically these happen closer to release so we'll see what Borderlands 3 is selling for come september.

Mortal Kombat 11 is 22 to 25% off right now depending on the version you want to get.

With 10% margins, there's hardly any discount to be had from third party sellers. This was one of my main beefs with the EGS because I'm sure it's good for the publishers but as a consumer, I am probably going to end up paying more for games.

Yeah I'm watching this closely too to see if discounts start to shrink with EGS games.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what it means for a third party store to partner with Epic. Seems to mean a worse deal for me.

In my region, unlike all other games on GMG, this 10% discount is through a time limited (23rd) code.
Usually GMG sets a discount from when it's first applied, to when the game's released (it may fluctuate).
10% is basically the smallest discount they've done. Typically 14-25%.
It's also interesting that Humble doesn't have Borderlands 3, and GMG doesn't have Dangerous Driving.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
No discount for me, a VIP member in the UK- after proceeding to payment it stays at £49.99. As others have said, 'what's the point?'

Wasn't one of the criticisms leveled at the EGS from some people that they don't trust them with their credit card data ?

Well, this allows you pay on GMG.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Does anywhere do 20% off on preorders? I rarely see much lower than 10%
Most of the games I pre order from CDkeys, Voidu, 2game, gamesplanet, gamebillet and similar stores are 20-25% off usually.

Mortal Kombat is currently at its historical low of €41.32 on 2game and Yakuza Kiwami 2 is at 23.99 at fanatical, Imperator Rome Deluxe at 41,79 at Voidu, I could go on but you get what I'm saying I guess.