• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Seems new to me. Nice to see. If I ever cave to the evil of EGS, I'd like to support GMG or Humble. Both great companies.

edit what the fuk someone else uses vivaldi

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
How can I get a browser blast? That sounds cool and dangerous.

Regarding BL3, that's nice and all, but it's not discounted and that's why anyone uses key resellers. lol

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Glad if it means competitive pricing, if they're all going to be full priced I couldn't give two shits.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The big question is, what price. If it's goijg to be similar to humble selling EGS keys. Aka the same price.

What is the point?

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
edit what the fuk someone else uses vivaldi

VIVALDI BOIS

How can I get a browser blast? That sounds cool and dangerous.

You can download Vivaldi and have it yell at you when stuff happens

No discount? Pretty rare to see a preorder on GMG without at least 10% off. :/

Wonder why it is not discounted?

Does GMG pop discounts on games that just got put up for preorder? I thought they waited later for that

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

So these are not grey market or anything. GMG do sell some games sourced not directly from the publisher in some instances.

I'd be curious to hear more about what policies Epic have related to this, my main questions would be:
Are there any restrictions on where publishers can sell codes?
Are there any restrictions on the amount of codes offered?
Are there any restrictions on or policies related to pricing?
Is this something that is offered to all Epic Store games going forward?
Do Epic charge anything for these keys?

This is good progress.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Officially or just retail copies like they started doing a whiles ago? This isn't news if they're from retail copies.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Does GMG pop discounts on games that just got put up for preorder? I thought they waited later for that

i mean...
JuxmrZr.png

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It seems to be the exact same price as on the Epic Store (UK) anyway :/

Is there a point?

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
GMG is notable for occasionally offering store-wide discount codes. I wonder if EGS games are exempt? If not, this could be the only real way to get a deal on these games.

Oct 26, 2017
A discount may come much later, perhaps close to release. I often get discount deals from GMG for upcoming games, about one or two weeks before its release.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Meeehhh Borderlands 3 is msrp????

GMG typically offers 15 to 25 percent off for pre-orders.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So these are not grey market or anything. GMG do sell some games sourced not directly from the publisher in some instances.

I'd be curious to hear more about what policies Epic have related to this, my main questions would be:
Are there any restrictions on where publishers can sell codes?
Are there any restrictions on the amount of codes offered?
Are there any restrictions on or policies related to pricing?
Is this something that is offered to all Epic Store games going forward?
Do Epic charge anything for these keys?

This is good progress.
Guess it will be easy to answer some of those. GMG loves them >20% off discounts on preorders. If Borderlands magically doesn't get one, then it's obvious.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Officially or just retail copies like they started doing a whiles ago? This isn't news if they're from retail copies.

I see the Epic Games Store logo so I'm gonna hazard a guess that this is official

Doesn't that just prove my point since those games come out either this month or next month and BL3 comes out in Sept

I don't remember them doing an immediate discount the second they put something up for pre-order because, you know, that'd be dumb

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
A price discount of 10 percent off is still not that great. This is someone who basically buys most steam releases from gmg too. Will wait to see if there is a better vip price in the future.

Still, I'm happy gmg is now selling epic keys. I want some store competition for epic game store games.

I see the Epic Games Store logo so I'm gonna hazard a guess that this is official

Doesn't that just prove my point since those games come out either this month or next month and BL3 comes out in Sept

I don't remember them doing an immediate discount the second they put something up for pre-order because, you know, that'd be dumb
Tim Sweeney has tweeted more game stores are coming for egs. I would expect Fanatical will be soon too to add epic keys.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Ironic that the game is cheaper for me in EGS since GMG doesn't have regional pricing in my country.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
GMG takes the usual 30% cut for their sales, how is this working in this case now? Do they only take 12% for EGS keys as well or are they still taking 30?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Steps forward, as expected. Good to see it happening.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I just go with CDKeys. They've sold Epic Store keys since the store launched proper, and they're usually discounted.

Borderlands 3 is ÂŁ32.99 for instance, as opposed to ÂŁ49.99 on the Epic Store (EU only).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It's cheaper on Indian GreenMan ($43, $57.50, $69 for different versions) than it is on Indian Epic store ($45, $60, $75 for different versions).

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Awww yeah boutta use my v.i.p voucher and get this game for 37% off.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I just go with CDKeys. They've sold Epic Store keys since the store launched proper, and they're usually discounted.

Borderlands 3 is ÂŁ32.99 for instance, as opposed to ÂŁ49.99 on the Epic Store (EU only).
With World War Z, they had to cancel their discounted preorders because they could not source keys.

Although I do think publishers are well within their rights to aim to reduce unauthorised sellers access to keys.

Clever Gato

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, a step in the right direction. I'll wait a year or two before even considering buying anything tied to EGS. There's still so much for them to fix/address.