• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Seems fair. If Epic wants Xbox games on their store they are open to it. But dont expect exclusive deals. Doubt MS needs to money also. :P

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Behold, common sense and not treating the consumer like shit

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I would like to see Epic, with their "pro-dev" stance, rejecting a MS game just because is not exclusive, like they did with some indie games before. I suspect they would be open in this case.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Them putting MCC on Steam is telling that they want to be where people are at. Pretty sure he just means here that if Epic was down to host games that aren't exclusives they'd be willing to work with 'em.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Microsoft's entire company philosophy is that they want to be as platform agnostic as possible, has been since like 2015

Cross platform, cross save, cross buy, cross play, etc etc, as long as you buy their products or pay the subscription.

It's a boon for their company and is a very forward facing idea

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Them putting MCC on Steam is telling that they want to be where people are at. Pretty sure he just means here that if Epic was down to host games that aren't exclusives they'd be willing to work with 'em.
I wonder how much money Epic tried to throw at MS for MCC, to CD Projekt RED for Cyberpunk and to Activision for Sekiro. I hope that information leaks someday lmao, it'd be hilarous.
Microsoft's entire company philosophy is that they want to be as platform agnostic as possible, has been since like 2015

Cross platform, cross save, cross buy, cross play, etc etc, as long as you buy their products or pay the subscription.

If only they'd include Linux in that idea. :(

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you ignore gaming, they kind of are.

Microsoft of ten years ago would have never put the Linux kernel in any piece of their os. They also, I think, didn't support Linux azure instances. I think they released some version of visual studio for it. And Microsoft edge

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean sorta did with the windows bash shell
I wonder how much money Epic tried to throw at MS for MCC, to CD Projekt RED for Cyberpunk and to Activision for Sekiro. I hope that information leaks someday lmao, it'd be hilarous.
I'd say MCC got a heft $100 million offer upfront to put it on EGS, and probably the same for the other 2.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
User Warned: Platform Warring

It's easier to do that when you are not the market leader and your product is 50€ cheaper than that of the direct competitor...

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda confirms what I was thinking. Microsoft wants to get on people's good sides, and staying out of proximity of Epic's PC efforts is an easy way to do that.

It's weird that Epic wouldn't make an exception for Microsoft's games like they have with other huge games like Cyberpunk and Masquerade. I guess they didn't see MCC as a big deal, though I can understand that.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It kinda confirms what I was thinking. Microsoft wants to get on people's good sides, and staying out of proximity of Epic's PC efforts is an easy way to do that.

It's weird that Epic wouldn't make an exception for Microsoft's games like they have with other huge games like Cyberpunk and Masquerade. I guess they didn't see MCC as a big deal, though I can understand that.
MS doesnt need the money also. They indeed stay this way on the "good side" and if Epic comes knocking to have their games also they will happily agree as it will broaden the places to get the games.