• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
They should adapt Far Sector, just make it weird and nothing to do with Earth other than the protagonist.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
If we talking doom patrol quality with Jessica Cruz then sign me the fuck up

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Life as a Kyle Rayner fan.

Ed90L1UU0AA_LPL.jpg:large

Ain't this the truth. I grew up with Kyle as my GL and I feel like he gets ignored or shit on so much :(

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I thought gay Scott was like Earth 2 Scott. Did they merge the planets again or is this a new universe?

Either way it'll be interesting to see the more recent lanterns like Cruz and Baz get some shine.

Hal, John, and Kyle are definitely saved for movies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pitch Cruz and Baz a little bit to me please, I know a bit about them and I'm glad the shows using them.

As has been noted in this thread, Cruz seems like a character that should pop with mainstream audiences (although being yet another GL may be holding her back). Cruz really fits into the themes of still being a hero in the face of anxiety and fear. She was traumatized after she witnessed her friends murdered before her eyes and barely escaped with her own life. Since then she has struggled to even go outside the safety of her room.

Baz is a reformed car thief. While trying to evade the police in a stolen vehicle, he learns it has a bomb in it, and so he leaves it at the old auto factory that he used to work at (as nobody would be around at that hour). He feels an intense amount of guilt as his actions have hurt others, including his brother-in-law (this event is unrelated to the car theft/explosion detailed above). Since becoming a Lantern, he has tried to be a better person, to serve as a role model to his nephew, and to make his family proud.

The two bond when they become GLs at around the same time and are forced to work together by Hal Jordan (this will probably be changed in the show). Their partnership is built on two broken people being good to each other and healing together.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
I'm hoping the show is accessible to ppl of all ages...and yet I feel like they're just going to make it supper mature